Cocoro@Function! Stream with Mephisto & OriginalRen Official Thread!

OriginalRen

Thanks to everyone who came out and watched, trying to figure out how to watch the vods at the moment.

Some things noticed:

1. There were some fuck ups in the translation at points, which isn't surprising I guess lol 

2. My voice is kinda weird and I couldn't pronounce "Eco" right, my bad lol. The city's name is Eco Plaza City, as in Eco-friendly. 

3. I kind of mixed japanese in at some places... They were basic Japanese words that I figured people should know, but probably still shouldn't of used them anyway. (Although figuring out how to translate Yoroshiku ne at every occasion would be hard ;_; )

4. The speed was pretty bad ;_; at least near the end. (Not sure about the earlier portion, but I'm sure it was faster since I had read the first two scenes beforehand). I read it easily 2-3x faster in the vods lol.

If anyone has any comments/suggestions to how we can improve, feel free to mention them.  

I'd say...

Ren had too high volume compared to meph, and probably butted in a bit too often / enthusiastically. Then again he was also a source of amusing commentary at his best, so just hone your edge w.

Make sure stream really works before starting if possible. And test pretty extensively w

On an unrelated note, my weirdo echo was actually caused by... accidentally opening a second stream window. I don't even know, man.

Stream chat lags so much sometimes. If we can get people to actually use irc, it's going to be better lol.

The untranslated stuff was amusing to me, though I'm not sure if it's a good idea for everyone.

Possibly the most entertaining part of stream was the orca stuff in stream chat.

Feel free to retain your dismissive attitude towards whatever as well :P

I'd say...

Ren had too high volume compared to meph, and probably butted in a bit too often / enthusiastically. Then again he was also a source of amusing commentary at his best, so just hone your edge w.

Make sure stream really works before starting if possible. And test pretty extensively w

On an unrelated note, my weirdo echo was actually caused by... accidentally opening a second stream window. I don't even know, man.

Stream chat lags so much sometimes. If we can get people to actually use irc, it's going to be better lol.

The untranslated stuff was amusing to me, though I'm not sure if it's a good idea for everyone.

Possibly the most entertaining part of stream was the orca stuff in stream chat.

Feel free to retain your dismissive attitude towards whatever as well :P

1. There were some fuck ups in the translation at points, which isn't surprising I guess lol  

That's what made the stream fun in the first place, though! :DI still want that translation released 

3. I kind of mixed japanese in at some places... They were basic Japanese words that I figured people should know, but probably still shouldn't of used them anyway. (Although figuring out how to translate Yoroshiku ne at every occasion would be hard ;_; )

I think most of the Japanese you've used is familiar to the people reading VNs already either way. As for yoroshiku... yeah, that's a bitch. :D If only that was the only untranslatable thing in Japanese, huh...?  :lol:

I don't know, I've personally enjoyed the stream a lot, even if I unfortunately haven't seen the whole thing (I think I missed the orcas, damn... :D ) The mistakes here and there made it more enjoyable in a way. This probably sounds weird, but it at least wasn't stiff that way, you know? With the commentary and all, it ended up being more entertaining and fun than just a regular VN reading would be.

Day 1 Recap - Welcome to Cocoro@Function!

Hey guys,

Seeing as this is a large game with a lot to keep track of during the live TL and due to the fact that not everyone is able to attend the streams due to timing issues, I wanted to summarize what we have learned about the game so far in a series of recap posts. In order to allow those who missed the stream to catchup if you are interested in joining us in the future, each day I will present a new post such as this one in order to summarize the events in the game that I find important up to that point. I hope these recap posts are informative and help serve you should you ever feel lost in the world.

And with that, here we go!

New Characters:

14861.jpg

Actual Name: 速水 太陽 Hayami Taiyou

What we actually call him: Taiyou

What we know so far: The main protagonist and our character representation for our journey through the world of Cocoro@Function!, Taiyou is your typical Japanese student. He spends his time in a virtual world known as KizunaS and enjoys a peaceful school life. After meeting MIA in the a fake reality, he decides it best to meet up with her in the real world after being asked out on a date

14625.jpg

Actual Name: 蓮ヶ瀬 水菜 Hasugase Mina

What we actually call her: MIA

What we know so far: Our main heroine. She decides that after meeting the protagonist in a virtual reality known as KizunaS, she wants to go on a date with him in the real world. She is your typical "fall in love" with you kind of girl, and seems very sweet to the core. She may have a bitch side to her as well, though only time will tell

maxresdefault.jpg

In the world of Cocoro@Function!, technology plays a huge role in people's everyday lives. Everyone and their mother pretty much owns a smart phone of some sort and each one is unique to its user. In fact, it is pretty much a requirement by law to own one. Calling itself Orca, each phone uses the latest technological advances, allowing users to connect to their device via brain waves and manage everything from their applications to their personal schedules and everday lives. Every person can uniquely tie themselves to their Orca by setting up an account that allows them, and only them, to access it. It is also possible for guests to be tied to an account if the user so chooses it.

As said before, the difference between normal smart phones and the smart phones in the game is that the Orca system allows the user to tie themselves to their phone via brain waves. Users can access their unique personality database and allow other users to have "guest" access to their own accounts. If no guest access is allowed, it is impossible for anyone else to use another's Orca system. In this way, Orca can house any number of personal stuff without the fear of anyone stealing your phone and using it for themselves. Still, seeing as we are so early in the game we are unsure about all the fine details of the system. Time will explain more I am sure.

Orca itself was invented by a company known as Smart Group, with the S.M.A.R.T 01 technology department being responsible for new applications and how the phones actually work. Not much has been explained on these companies yet, but I am sure they will play a large role later in the story.

Now that I have explained how the Orca system functions, let us look into some of the applications that can be stored on it.

First, you have the KizunaS system. This application is a virtual reality chat room where users can create their own unique avatar to represent themselves and chat with others around the world. Our protagonist in this case represents himself as a cat thief, and it is in this system that he first meets MIA, our main heroine.

Second, you have the SR Window. This application functions like an online shopping site of sorts. In order to use it, you need to have a special wristband that allows you to display all the information in the air around you. Basically, information and advertisements for products, events, etc. is displayed around the user which then allows them to access whatever information they want at any given time through Orca.

Lastly, each user has the option to setup what is known as a concierge. These avatars are essentially personal aids built within the Orca system unique to each user. The protagonist uses an avatar who he calls Bell, and she is responsible for managing his appointments, applications, etc. While it is an avatar, it seems these concierges have a unique personality and may even be sentient, though this has yet to be determined.

kokoroTR03.jpg

And that's pretty much it from what we know so far. If you want to see more feel free to check out the videos posted from day 1 of the streams (4 in total). Can't wait for more Orca fun later this week!

The phones themselves are called orcas from what I gather, smart group is the company responsible for making the phones, and S.M.A.R.T refers to the division of the company that deals with communication technologies (the department of the company that deals with producing/improving these phones). 

Don't really know much about SR yet, but you need to be wearing the bracelet thing (i think it's called an aid or whatever, don't remember) in order to see it, and it's all the 3d pictures in front of you that you can touch. Think holograms that you can interact with. The gadget appears to be based off advantages in technology regarding how to stimulate neural responses.  

The main use of concierges is to plan your schedule, and things like that. Concierges ( for some reason) were not very popular, so while they were pre-installed on older versions of phones, they are not available on newer editions. Bell appears to be a special concierge, as she is available on newer editions, and the protag says that she is special quite often. 

There's some app developer called sweet potato who is somehow related to the protagonist, as he knows who it is. It's either himself, or his little sister from what we surmise. Likely the imouto because he's kind of an idiot. 

These orca things are essential for living normally in this age apparently, and it is actually mandated by the government to have a phone. 

Not sure how the ID things work yet, but you need to be registered on an Orca in order to be able to use it. They haven't told us how you set up your ID and ect. though, and when he added Mia as a guest on his orca temporarily, his description was literally "I tapped some buttons and set Mia as a guest". He describes all sorts of useless stuff but didnt give us information that might've been useful :( 

Hey all, thanks again for stopping by the stream! We hope day 2 was a night filled with a whole ton of laughs and good fun, and look forward to another stream this weekend. I will be posting a recap of the game's events (if anything important pops into mind) later this week. In addition, the next Day 2 videos are uploaded on my stream account so check them out. Again, thanks for the patience and followers who stick with us!

On a side note, one of the things I wanted to point out is that from here on out, the choices we make in the VN at key points (as we saw one choice this last time around) will be made by you the viewers in a majority vote. We want you guys to be the ones guiding the game, so start thinking of which girl is the best!