Fund-raiser for Fire Victim and Artist Tsukinon

Nosebleed

Hello, this is Sekai Project.

On April 25th 2015, Tsukinon (月音), a Japanese artist who works with game companies Hiyoko-soft and La'cryma, was victim of a fire which burned down his home workspace. While he escaped safely, all he is left with is his cellphone, work bag, and bicycle. For him to return to a stable life and his illustration work, we've opened an English-language fund-raiser to support him.

We'd greatly appreciate if you can help or share the news with others.

Thank you!

Link to the fundraiser if anyone is interested in helping:

https://crowdfunding.sekaiproject.com/projects/fund-raiser-for-artist-tsukinon/

To support Tsukinon, La’cryma has started a fund-raising project on the Japanese crowdfunding website Tokyo Rakuichi Rakuza featuring new artwork by Tsukinon to help with his recovery from the fire. In order to help reach a wider, global audience, Sekai Project contacted La’cryma and offered to start an English-language campaign. This campaign offers the same rewards as the Japanese one, with the exception of the extremely limited top two levels 

Tsukinon is the artist behind these titles: https://vndb.org/s2703

Even if you can't help by donating, sharing this is also not a bad idea :)

This fundraiser probably won't do extremely well. None of the stuff he's worked on has been translated into english, so the only people who'd know of him are the few who reads VNs in Japanese. And asking the community to donate to this campaign is like saying "I know there's thousands of starving artists out there, but this one *insert name* in particular has been facing a really rough trot lately. Please donate generously to get this dude you've never heard of back on his feet, as opposed to the guy just up the street who lost his house in last weeks flood."

I wish Sekai all the best, but my pessimism tells me the amount they raise will be a little low.

"I know there's thousands of starving artists out there, but this one *insert name* in particular has been facing a really rough trot lately.

The sad truth : |

Well the Japanese fundraiser was a success, raising $26,000 of the 12,000 they were aiming for. I suppose it's not a bad thing, giving people a chance (negative speaking: appealing to their generosity) to support someone involved in the works they enjoyed. Not sure about VN's but AFAIK, many artists in the anime field are getting payed really poorly.