This Show by Rock figure costs roughly $25,000

61c7582dced2d067bb8dc8103b27393c.JPG

There are only 3 of them being made, each one costs roughly $25,000. There are also three figures of one of the male characters, also being sold for the same price.

Yeah, no, that's seriously it. I just wanted to make a thread so we could all bask in the glow of capitalism and consumer culture. Can you imagine what the room of the guy who buys this thing is going to look like? Odds are every inch of everything is wallpapered with pictures of Cyan, his bedsheets and pillows and all have her on them, and I'm pretty sure the guy himself will dress up as Cyan all the time and refer to himself as Cyan.

For $25,000 I'm pretty sure you could pay a woman to dress up as Cyan and sit around your house all day for a few months. A real actual human. Is this thing even poseable? I'm sure at least one person is going to buy it thinking 'oh man there's only gonna be 3 of these things, in a few decades it'll be worth a fortune!' but they are incorrect because no one is ever going to pay more than $25,000 for the privilege of owning an overly-expensive life-size plastic figure.

Edit: Oh and that's before taxes. Yyyyep.

Edit2: Proof

c41b1516-s.jpg

Edit3: The new Japanese meme regarding this is 'Shoubai Rock' which, while pronounced the same as the name of the show, means 'Sales Rock'.

If it was best girl maybe it would be worth, but Cyan is not worth it.

I'd much rather just buy that little chibi version sitting next side her!

I mean it's pretty much a statue rather than a figure so really the price isn't that messed up. I'm pretty sure it's this expensive because it's limited to 3 in the whole world though.

Keep in mind this is Sanrio, their budget for merchandise is pretty much infinite and they could likely put one of these statues in all of their stores.

I have no doubts there'll be a line of Show by Rock toys somewhere down the line, which I'm okay with because I want some Retoree figures already.

There was a limited 15 2-meter tall Evangelion figures that were made some months ago, sold for 1,7 million yen. They sold out in 2 minutes.

I don't know if Show by Rock fans are as crazy as Eva fans but there does seem to be people to buy those kind of overpriced items.

61c7582dced2d067bb8dc8103b27393c.JPG

There are only 3 of them being made, each one costs roughly $25,000. There are also three figures of one of the male characters, also being sold for the same price.

Yeah, no, that's seriously it. I just wanted to make a thread so we could all bask in the glow of capitalism and consumer culture. Can you imagine what the room of the guy who buys this thing is going to look like? Odds are every inch of everything is wallpapered with pictures of Cyan, his bedsheets and pillows and all have her on them, and I'm pretty sure the guy himself will dress up as Cyan all the time and refer to himself as Cyan.

For $25,000 I'm pretty sure you could pay a woman to dress up as Cyan and sit around your house all day for a few months. A real actual human. Is this thing even poseable? I'm sure at least one person is going to buy it thinking 'oh man there's only gonna be 3 of these things, in a few decades it'll be worth a fortune!' but they are incorrect because no one is ever going to pay more than $25,000 for the privilege of owning an overly-expensive life-size plastic figure.

Edit: Oh and that's before taxes. Yyyyep.

Edit2: Proof

c41b1516-s.jpg

Edit3: The new Japanese meme regarding this is 'Shoubai Rock' which, while pronounced the same as the name of the show, means 'Sales Rock'.