Hello

Youko

I am a 21 year old collage student who only started reading VNs A few months ago. My first was Tsukihime, which I had been intending to read for quite some time so as I was far more interested in Ciel and Akiha then in Arcueid. I enjoyed it enought that tried some others and was quite lucky with some of my first choices. I Read Fate of course, but I was also lucky enough to find lonely Yuri, Canvas 2, Steins;Gate,  and Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji. After that I was pretty much hooked and have played a number of others since. I generly like VNs that either have an interesting plot or a sweet story. the types of Heroines I like the most are generally either shy, Smart, or odd. while I like Yanderes and Derederes, if done right, I can't stand modern Tsunderes. I also have a bit of a thing for sister Heroines, and yes, I am an only child. I am quite glad to have found a place to chat about VNs and am always grateful for good recommendations.

Welcome to the forums :)

If you haven't already read katawa shoujo because why not?:P (Most of us started with that one)

If you want a novel with shy but really cute heroines you got: clannad(nagisa, she is freaking awesome :D), rewrite(Shizuru), sharin no kuni (Setsumi), Planetarian and Saya in saya no uta...just joking with this last one :P

I have read katawa shoujo and I really liked the Hanako and Lilly routes. I have considered playing clannad a couple of times, but I watched the anime quite a few years ago and I seem to remember that she died, unless I have been confusing it with something else, and I am really not good with sad endings.

Welcome to the forums fellow Fuwan. May the vn debate be to your liking.

Welcome! Starting out with a Type-Moon game is kinda like baptism by fire, I'd imagine : P. FSN was my second VN, and after that I knew I was hooked.

I was baptised by Fate/Stay Night and it hooked me ever since. Of course Tsukihime followed right after.

I have read katawa shoujo and I really liked the Hanako and Lilly routes. I have considered playing clannad a couple of times, but I watched the anime quite a few years ago and I seem to remember

that she died

, unless I have been confusing it with something else, and I am really not good with sad endings.

welcome and have a good time.

as far as recommendations go, the muv luv series are great. (the first two are decent at best but the last is a master piece and you need to have read the first two to understand everything)

Other than that there is the grisia series, but you might want to wait with reading those until they have been released oficially.