My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

ExtraMana

I meant it as a joke.

Though I am more used to the English version, so it feels weird hearing an alternative one, even if it sounds better because Japanese is the superior language.

Japanese is the superior language.

sounds like something that start a 200 comment thread in the YouTube comments section

img-2302074-1-full.png

What is everyone's opinions on the Equestria Girls movies?  Kinda curious, since I've heard very little opinions about them from actual fans of the show.

The equestria Girls movie...

took anything good in the series stripped character realism, development, narrative structure, design prowess, morality,

soundtrack, and the message of the show and left a hollow husk behind whilst pricing dolls in the pink aisle at their maximum selling potential.

FANMADE_Sad_Twilight.png

Equestria Girls was indeed pretty horrible. Though I did like some of the songs, but they would have been better if they were ponies dancing instead of anthropomorphic creatures.

I wonder who thought it'd be a good idea to just ditch everything the show did good and plaster a generic highschool setting onto a franchise about ponies (who already graduated school as the series kind of implies)

I had mostly negative feelings the entire time I was watching it because it could have been a good movie for the franchise, it could have showcased what MLP is all about.

I wasn't expecting much because the franchise hardly ever goes overboard,but it could have portrayed all the things we care about like ponies and friendship, but instead it just decided to completely ditch the characters we love and use a hollow shell of a highschool plot (even for highschool movie standards, this was bad)

They did try to kind of address the friendship a little when Twilight was trying to befriend the girls, but it just wasn't the same as it was with the ponies and felt like a hollow recycle of season 1 to excuse a retarded non canon romantic plot between Twilight and some guy who I don't even care to remember the name of.

And throughout the show they try to make references to the original plot by having them wear pony cosplay stuff, just to make the legit fans cringe even harder.

The best thing about the movie is that it's so unrelated to the main plot you can easily forget it exists and let it burn down in a well where no one will ever recall its existence.

Overall, a huge wasted opportunity for the franchise. But some songs were decent, kinda (they didn't have much soul to them)

My favorite just because it was rather catchy

Equestria Girls was indeed pretty horrible. Though I did like some of the songs, but they would have been better if they were ponies dancing instead of anthropomorphic creatures.

I wonder who thought it'd be a good idea to just ditch everything the show did good and plaster a generic highschool setting onto a franchise about ponies (who already graduated school as the series kind of implies)

I had mostly negative feelings the entire time I was watching it because it could have been a good movie for the franchise, it could have showcased what MLP is all about.

I wasn't expecting much because the franchise hardly ever goes overboard,but it could have portrayed all the things we care about like ponies and friendship, but instead it just decided to completely ditch the characters we love and use a hollow shell of a highschool plot (even for highschool movie standards, this was bad)

They did try to kind of address the friendship a little when Twilight was trying to befriend the girls, but it just wasn't the same as it was with the ponies and felt like a hollow recycle of season 1 to excuse a retarded non canon romantic plot between Twilight and some guy who I don't even care to remember the name of.

And throughout the show they try to make references to the original plot by having them wear pony cosplay stuff, just to make the legit fans cringe even harder.

The best thing about the movie is that it's so unrelated to the main plot you can easily forget it exists and let it burn down in a well where no one will ever recall its existence.

Overall, a huge wasted opportunity for the franchise. But some songs were decent, kinda (they didn't have much soul to them)

My favorite just because it was rather catchy

But who wouldn't want a doll that resembles nothing the show was desinged for?

Equestria Girls 2: Rainbow Rocks was released I think last year and I believe Equestria Girls 3 is may be in the works

It took me an entire week and two sittings to finish EQG 1 so I it'll take me some time to watch the sequel.

In the meantime I have a puzzle involving a blue gemstone and a peridot arrow head to solve. T-T

CMC-Wild-Rainbow-Equestria-Girls-3.jpg

I don't think I'll ever watch Equestria Girls 2, let alone the third one.

Like I said, the  good thing about it is that it's so detached from the main plot you can always pretend it never existed!

Well as the denizens of /mlp/ always say

>No Hooves

Which basically translates to Equestria Girls not being canon

Now just to forget /mlp/ exists...

I watched season 4 up to episode 12, "Pinkie Pride" so I'm halfway done with it.

Thanks for the forewarning but I'll watch everything like a true fan, even if it's cringey.

Okay, if you're sure.  Just try to forget it exists afterwards, it'll make you feel better.

Apparently a lot of people thought that Hasbro only had this episode made in order to make more toys...you'll see what they mean after you watch it.  And just so you know, the main Breezie is actually male, even though he looks female; seriously, feminine eyelashes and everything.

My favorite Rarity episode would have to be the Diamond Dogs one.  When I first saw it I thought it was kinda dumb, then I re-watched it and couldn't stop laughing.  Seriously, she's such a whiny baby that it's amazing.  Plus, it gave us the "Rarity is a marshmallow" meme, so it's awesome.

Filli Vanilli was my favorite Season 4 Fluttershy episode.  Flutteryguy is back ^_^

Don't.  Really, I kinda liked the original Equestria Girls (went into it expecting nothing), and I can't say the same thing for the sequel.  Seriously, the whole thing is focused around bands and everyone in a group of friends having some sort of musical talent.  Got kinda dumb after a while, and I started zoning out and not paying attention.  Also, Flash Sentry plays a larger role in the plot than before, so...yeah.  Fun.  Hated his 2D, brainless character the moment it was introduced.  I have to admit that it's refreshing to see a dude play the role of brainless eye-candy for once, but that still doesn't really save his character, at least to me, anyway.

Season 5 teaser was posted. Looks like we're getting ourselves a new character.

The season premieres on April 4th

Dear god, it's like they are planning on making a drama about the recent social justice wa- (is grabbed by a few women and dragged off into the darkness)

Kidding, Kidding ...mostly. :3