I need help with these specific visual novels... I have some, but its weird that I can't play or download these...

Chris25

How do I even upload a picture on here? I'm new xD 

Use an image-hosting site or service, like puushPhotobucketTinyPicFlickr, etc, get the address to the picture and either click the icon of a picture on the formatting options and paste the link into the url bar that pops up, or post the link like this: *img*link*/img* (replace * * with brackets [ ]).  I'd personally recommend puush, it's really easy to use.

Alright having problems with Muv-Luv and Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo. 

First things first, did you download them from Fuwa, or from a different site?  We most likely won't be able to easily help you if you got them somewhere else.  I downloaded Sharin no Kuni from Fuwa a long time ago, and it worked perfectly, so if you got it from here, the problem is most definitely not with Sharin.

Yeah...that's definitely not right.  That would only work with physical disks, since, after all, it's a disk drive  :P

Well, you obviously got it from Fuwanovel, so there's that.  Other than what I've already said, I don't know what to do (haven't tried Muv Luv yet), so I'll let Nosebleed and/or others finish up.  Best of luck!

Yeah...that's definitely not right.  That would only work with physical disks, since, after all, it's a disk drive   :P

Well, you obviously got it from Fuwanovel, so there's that.  Other than what I've already said, I don't know what to do (haven't tried Muv Luv yet), so I'll let Nosebleed and/or others finish up.  Best of luck!

for inserting the dist, you're meant to use daemon tools which you can search out there with google.

and then you can mount, then install after that.

and have you change your region to japanese?

^ this one is classic miss for visual novel reader which renders most of all vns error. :amane:

for inserting the dist, you're meant to use daemon tools which you can search out there with google.

and then you can mount, then install after that.

and have you change your region to japanese?

^ this one is classic miss for visual novel reader which renders most of all vns error. :amane:

Yeah I know that classic miss, but I don't know which VN it applies too. 

Yeah I know that classic miss, but I don't know which VN it applies too. 

did you use the patch, i remember that one error one time when i didn't use the patch/crack (don't quite remember the exact error message).

and for sharin, changing region to another country aside from japan will results in error (if i remember it rightly).

for muvluv, haven't played that one, so don't understand.

:makina:

did you use the patch, i remember that one error one time when i didn't use the patch/crack (don't quite remember the exact error message).

and for sharin, changing region to another country aside from japan will results in error (if i remember it rightly).

for muvluv, haven't played that one, so don't understand.

:makina:

Hmmm okay and yeah I have my region set to Japan for Sharin. I click on sharin again and same thing :/

If you're seeding the torrent, stop seeding it before you run the game. Also, right click the folder the game is and look at the properties. "Read-only" should be checked under "Attributes". Uncheck it and the game should run.

P.S. I just realized it but this thread shouldn't be in the Fan Translation Discussion sub-forum. Next time try posting in the Voluntary Tech Support sub-forum. :)

For Muv-Luv

Download and Install Daemon Tools

Make sure you install SPTD when it asks you to.

Also make sure you uncheck all other unecessary applications when installing and press skip when it asks you to install random stuff (it's all adware), you don't want any of that.

After you install daemon tools you'll need to reboot your PC

Once your PC reboots, open Daemon Tools and select the option "Add DT Virtual Drive"

It'll create a virtual drive for you, it might take a while at first, just wait.

Once the virtual drive is created (it shows up on on Daemon Tools on the bottom), drag the disc 1 file into it and it'll mount it for you, and do the same with disc 2

For Sharin no Kuni

Change your non unicode settings to Japanese.

Go to Control Panel, select Clock, Language and Region, go the Administrative tab, under "Language for non-Unicode Programs" select Japanese on the drop down menu, restart your computer.

If the error still occurs, make sure you've stopped seeding the torrent, select all the files in the Sharin no Kuni folder, right click them, go to properties and uncheck read only.

Let me know if any of this worked

PS: To embed images on the forum, simply click this icon and paste the image URL in it. You can use hosting sites like imgur to get the image URL.

If you're seeding the torrent, stop seeding it before you run the game. Also, right click the folder the game is and look at the properties. "Read-only" should be checked under "Attributes". Uncheck it and the game should run.

P.S. I just realized it but this thread shouldn't be in the Fan Translation Discussion sub-forum. Next time try posting in the Voluntary Tech Support sub-forum. :)

Sorry! I'm new here! x) 

For Muv-Luv

Download and Install Daemon Tools

Make sure you install SPTD when it asks you to.

Also make sure you uncheck all other unecessary applications when installing and press skip when it asks you to install random stuff (it's all adware), you don't want any of that.

After you install daemon tools you'll need to reboot your PC

Once your PC reboots, open Daemon Tools and select the option "Add DT Virtual Drive"

It'll create a virtual drive for you, it might take a while at first, just wait.

Once the virtual drive is created (it shows up on on Daemon Tools on the bottom), drag the disc 1 file into it and it'll mount it for you, and do the same with disc 2

For Sharin no Kuni

Change your non unicode settings to Japanese.

Go to Control Panel, select Clock, Language and Region, go the Administrative tab, under "Language for non-Unicode Programs" select Japanese on the drop down menu, restart your computer.

If the error still occurs, make sure you've stopped seeding the torrent, select all the files in the Sharin no Kuni folder, right click them, go to properties and uncheck read only.

Let me know if any of this worked

PS: To embed images on the forum, simply click this icon and paste the image URL in it. You can use hosting sites like imgur to get the image URL.

I got this for sharin no kuni    http://tinypic.com/r/33kdgug/8 and http://tinypic.com/r/2j2yjic/8