Rune Factory Discussion

Novel21

I've played Tides of Destiny and 3.  ToD was okay, but kinda slow.  I loved 3, always chose Raven. 

Though, I have to wonder, if you're able to turn into a wooly, and Raven into a pheonix, what do the kids turn into?

Huh. I don't know Raven is that popular.

I'd LOVE to see the game explains (or at least mention) these kinds of little detail in the game. I mean, if you marry Pia, your child(ren) will basically be half-mermaid, quarter-wooly, and quarter-human. And the game didn't even mention about it!

• 4 weeks later...

Basically this adds a fighting element to the Harvest Moon games.  I've played the original Rune Factory (which was very fun), as well as the second, and after a decently steep learning curve, the game was overall enjoyable.

The RNG in the game is questionable, which can put a damper on a lot of things, but if you get a little luck you can progress rather smoothly through the game.

My problem is that I've never really been a fan of the grind-y games as much as other people do.  Example, I bought the Rune Factory for PS3, played it for about three hours, and returned it.  So my opinion is slightly biased - some people swear by this game, and I can sort of see why.

Should you skip most of the series and buy 4?  As far as I'm aware the stories are all standalone, so it should be fine.  At most, there would be recurring characters that veterans of the series would be familiar with.  You farm, find a person to court, and you make stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Call me a gravedigger but I just wanted to leave this here:

Maerwen  = best girl

Only waifu (besides Pandora) worth bewitching :Kappa:

Anybody still playing this? I bought it while it was on psn sale last year. I think Rune Factory: Oceans is really addicting, the battle system is rough though. Enemies take forever to kill. I've beaten this last year but will get back at this to collect all remaining trophies. I absolutely loved the sound effects, which is why I try to acquire them in order to make some notification sounds for my new phone.

I have take long break from this game but I have plans to play this game again today.

Since I have not played it for awaile and I miss play it very much

So... You'll replay this? Or didn't you beat it yet?

Btw: Someone might wanna move this topic to Gaming Talk.  :sachi:

Starting an all new game after a long time of "abstinence" is the best choice you have imo. I find it to be more time consuming and even frustrating to pick up a game at a certain point, when you didn't play the game in a very long time. Most of the time starting anew is better.

I will just continue where I stopped a few months ago. I already beat the story and was working on the relationship with the villagers if I remember correctly.

lol'd.

This is Move compatible? How do you control then? 

Some action need you to swing it instead of push bottom.

Fighting is quite easy too because you just swing move to use special move instead push 2 bottoms simultaneously.

Fishing is like workout, since you need to swing move up and down. You need to do that 1000 times to get trophy. 

I have just start playing Rune Factory Oceans again after I didnt played it for long time because Of that I must start all new game and I have couple question.

1. How can I Get Max realthionship points with Violett?

2. Does it exit easy and faster way to Get realthionship with everyone?

3. How can I Get Stronger?