VN's with heroines not in love with the MC

Nagisa_Fawkes

I've been reading VN's for a good year and a half now, and in all, ALL, there's always someone who starts out in love with you already (damn you osananajimis, I hate you). I'd love to read something more realistic.

For example (anime example, but I think it's good) in Toradora, where none of the main characters start out in love with each other, instead, they're in love with other people. That, that's what I'd love to read in a VN, the heroines (not all, but at least one) in love with another person, and then in her route her interest shifts. It'd also be realistic if the MC had someone he likes right from the start, and his interest shifts with the choices you make.

There's very few of this sort out there, I'm sure, but there's bound to be some. Of course, I'm taking untranslated one also, so shower me with them ^^

The second chapter in ef. And the first chapter serves as a good "fuck off" to the osananajimi archetype. :P ef did try to portray relationships at least a little bit more realistically than most eroge, at least they did for the first tale. The second tale goes right back into typical eroge fantasyland.

Are you looking for NTR in the sense that the protag steals another person's lover or takes the girl on the rebound?  That's actually pretty hard to find outside of nukige...  That kind of everyone is in love with someone else situation doesn't pop up in VNs very often, though there are times where the heroine is completely antagonistic towards the protagonist (without being tsundere) or is indifferent to him.  If you just dislike 'deredere from the beginning' heroines, I could just pick you out a few VNs where there aren't any heroines like that...

Are you looking for NTR in the sense that the protag steals another person's lover or takes the girl on the rebound?  That's actually pretty hard to find outside of nukige...  That kind of everyone is in love with someone else situation doesn't pop up in VNs very often, though there are times where the heroine is completely antagonistic towards the protagonist (without being tsundere) or is indifferent to him.  If you just dislike 'deredere from the beginning' heroines, I could just pick you out a few VNs where there aren't any heroines like that..

Yes, that will be quite enough, thank you ^^

Nagisa_Fawkes-san,

when i read your post "realistic"...... somehow my mind just remind me the vn Yume Miru Kusuri .

(i bet you read it already right?)

(forgiven me if i recommend wrong , somehow it remind me)

Oh no I haven't read that yet. Can you describe on why it's realistic without spoilers, if possible?

Yes, that will be quite enough, thank you ^^

Oh no I haven't read that yet. Can you describe on why it's realistic without spoilers, if possible?

hmmm, how to describe .....?

..............i not good in describe ......

"slice of life stories of dramatic nature" ?

with

"love does not exist" at first

and

"an accident or a mishap is an incidental and unplanned event or circumstance" in love to heroine at end?

my own opinion "realistic" = "maybe will happen in real life" or "representing things in a way that is accurate and true to life" ?

(ps: sorry if my explaining bad and my grammar too) qT3J0.gif

hmmm, how to describe .....?

..............i not good in describe ......

"slice of life stories of dramatic nature" ?

with

"love does not exist" at first

and

"an accident or a mishap is an incidental and unplanned event or circumstance" in love to heroine at end?

my own opinion "realistic" = "maybe will happen in real life" or "representing things in a way that is accurate and true to life" ?

(ps: sorry if my explaining bad and my grammar too) qT3J0.gif

That, that's what I'd love to read in a VN, the heroines (not all, but at least one) in love with another person, and then in her route her interest shifts. It'd also be realistic if the MC had someone he likes right from the start, and his interest shifts with the choices you make.

The second one fits Symphonic Rain since you already have a girlfriend (Arietta) but the MC is in a long distance relationship. As he proceed through his graduation recital, he has to partner with a vocalist and the candidates he have are the heroines. The first one vaguely fits a heroine as well but I won't mention who and how she kind of fits in.

Edit: My bad. I checked your VNDB and saw that you read it already. Let me go back for another suggestion.

Ruitomo comes to mind... since all the relationships form after the game begins.  It also has the advantage of being of excellent quality and the protagonist being liked actually making sense in the long run.  Tsuisou no Augment also comes to mind... I won't go into details, but there are no 'deredere from the beginning' heroines or 'love at first sight' heroines.  In Abyss Homicide Club the main heroine actually actively hates the protagonist and most of the others are 'normal' or bad endings. 

As far as SoL harem eroges go, I really don't think too many of the translated ones use that trope past the staple games of the genre.

Here's a few I'd reccomend: Kirakira, Katawa Shoujo, Deardrops, Edelweiss(My memory of it is kinda fuzzy, but I don't think it uses that trope). 

If you exhausted those, here are some that are kinda meh quality or nukige: The Sagara Family, Suika A.S+, Cosplay Fetish Academy, True Love