New Guy Huddles in the Corner

double0pi

Greetings, as a new member, this topic board looked like something I should post in, introducing myself.

I am fairly new to the world of Visual Novels, with only two or three under my belt, but I greatly enjoyed the ones I have read / played through.  I am self-studying Japanese with hopes of one day becoming a translator for VN's / Light Novels.

Any VN recommendations would be appreciated, and I hope to become friends with all fellow otaku.

Greetings, as a new member, this topic board looked like something I should post in, introducing myself.

I am fairly new to the world of Visual Novels, with only two or three under my belt, but I greatly enjoyed the ones I have read / played through.  I am self-studying Japanese with hopes of one day becoming a translator for VN's / Light Novels.

Any VN recommendations would be appreciated, and I hope to become friends with all fellow otaku.

Welcome, our army grows larger every day :D

Recommendation: Steins;Gate! You won't regret it, I promise 

Thank you everyone for your welcoming responses and recommendations.

So far the I have read Katawa Shoujo, Hoshizora no Memoria, and Fading Hearts (Not sure if that counts).  I am in the middle of Air as well.  I can't say I have a favorite, having read so few, but I liked the art of Hoshizora no Memoria (and the comedic relief interspersed), but I prefer the VN's with more choices, making me feel more immersed in the game.

I was thinking about reading rewrite next, and upon receiving a recommendation, I think I shall.

Thank you again for accepting me with such open arms, everyone.

Welcome to the community, feel free to ask any questions you have.

Thank you everyone for your welcoming responses and recommendations.

So far the I have read Katawa Shoujo, Hoshizora no Memoria, and Fading Hearts (Not sure if that counts).  I am in the middle of Air as well.  I can't say I have a favorite, having read so few, but I liked the art of Hoshizora no Memoria (and the comedic relief interspersed), but I prefer the VN's with more choices, making me feel more immersed in the game.

I was thinking about reading rewrite next, and upon receiving a recommendation, I think I shall.

Thank you again for accepting me with such open arms, everyone.

If you're after something with lots of choices than anything by Key will be right up your alley (such as Clannad, Kanon and Little Busters).