First time reading Fate Stay

Dark Ariel7

I unlocked the Last Episode two days ago and go now for 100% completion of the Tiger Dojos, so you only need to get all 5 endings. I used the latest patch, don't know whether the Fuwa version is the same. I think you will like the Last Episode but as already said, it's hard to describe it without spoiling.

I would reccommend you to finish UBW first, then decide if you want more F/SN or not. You will want more F/SN.
HF is worthwhile. Yes, it is darker but HF felt somehow like the 'true route' and had less pacing issues IIRC. It just felt mature in contrast to the other two routes. You also get tons of new information about the F/SN universe, especially concerning the Holy Grail.

Not reading HF? That's absurd!

That's my favorite route. It also has the most number of bad ends.

You'll have fun going through it without a guide.

I died a few times.

And also... most number of H-scenes.

If you don't enjoy Heaven's Feel, I don't even know what to say man.

I just enjoyed it that much.

Also, it's needed for Last Episode.

Is it just me, or does Fate pale in comparison with the other two routes?

I cried tears of happiness in the Last Ending. I've never cried out of happiness for anything before in real life. I still cry when I take a peek at it on youtube every once in a while. It was that touching to me. 

When it plays, I turn into mush like this:

What was the last ending again? my memory is failing me.

You should have it then. If it's not showing up on the start screen then you don't have the realta nua's version. You might just have the voice patch? Or you can just watch it on youtube; albeit the quality is lower compared.

I'll just search for the patch then. It's always good to fire up F/SN again, them BGMs. Also, F/HA is in final QCing so my inner hype train is going crazy.

I have about as much joy and expectations that I had for Muv Luv Altered Fable. 

Then it's pretty high, yes? 

I certainly tend to enjoy those more fan discky kind of things... I'm exited for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia alright!

As for the topic at hand, since it seems to have diverged into a discussion of the best routes, let me try and make it clear what my opinion is. 

Let's imagine you lads rate your visual novels up to 100 points. You give something like 89, 76, 54 to each of the routes.

But I have a problem with liking games. On a scale of 100, my ratings always cap at 75. 

So, for me, Fate was 75 points and Unlimited Blade Works was 75 points. As in, I enjoyed all of them, and they were great reads, but I can't say whether one is better or worse. (Heaven's feel was something like a 70, since I was turned off by quite a few thigs in it, I hate dark stuff)

Unless I can name it as my new favourite, it's usually: 

"Enjoyed it a lot"

"Didn't enjoy it much"

"*permanently on-hold*"

And all of them are part of the top one.

It's more like a fan disc though.

While it's great to have Saber back, it's hard for me to swallow after what happened

heh, just found out the the complete RN patch only works with well, the original RN release, it can't be patched to the 2004 pc version which is the version that I have, I'll just have to waste some time downloading it, it seems.

It's more like a fan disc though.

While it's great to have Saber back, it's hard for me to swallow after what happened

Damn you. I accidentally clicked on that. I did not read the whole thing because of fast reflexes but I skimmed it. Managed to pick out 2 words. Obviously the 2 worst ones to pick up.

No problem. Just download it off Fuwanovel. They have the whole bundle. With internet these days, it doesn't take too long for a couple of gigs. Even better now you have two options. If you have a tablet or smart phone, you can play it on there. 

That's actually not true taco, after researching Fuwa's release is still the 2004 pc version which is what I have. The full realta nua patch which includes voices, all the update CGs and alt scenarios only works with RN which was released in 2010 iirc, the full realta nua patch was released in BLs forum in July 26th 2014 (link). Just for reference the fuwa release is 2.1 gb and the 2010 RN release is 6.36 gb. I just found it out now.

Oh? And here I thought Fuwanovel had the latest in everything VN. Oh you've fallen in my eyes

So this is apparently the full patch huh?

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/4745-Fate-Stay-Night-Realta-Nua-PC-version-Mirror-Moon-TL-insertion-project

I'm thinking of downloading it. One of the patch notes I thought was funny, since it took up a whole scene, seemingly because it wasn't a big deal. 

"Zashuu has been translated into Mongrel instead of Low-Life."

Oh? And here I thought Fuwanovel had the latest in everything VN. Oh you've fallen in my eyes

You could have used the "scales have fallen from my eyes" and do a Sachi quote, it would have been quite nice :P. Nevertheless it's still possible that Fuwa's release has the Last episode which is the end I'm lacking since I did not play Fuwa's release, at the time(2 years ago) I didn't even know of Fuwa's existence. But the release that I linked in the post before has parts that are re-translated, including the Last Episode, and scenes that weren't available in any pc release to date. You could say that it's the definitive edition in a way, since you can also choose to either have the H-scenes or the scenes that replaced the H-content.