The Rant Thread

Tatsujin

I know I sound like a broken record, complaining about my neighbors over and over again, but...ugh.  This time one of the 20-something guys next door spent about 2 hours of the night loudly sobbing (which we assume was because of a bad trip; from what we know of them they're not exactly unfamiliar with drugs), and right after he stopped another neighbor's dog took his place, howling for several more hours.  I couldn't get to sleep until 3, and I had to get up at 6.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I sound like a broken record, complaining about my neighbors over and over again, but...ugh.  This time one of the 20-something guys next door spent about 2 hours of the night loudly sobbing (which we assume was because of a bad trip; from what we know of them they're not exactly unfamiliar with drugs), and right after he stopped another neighbor's dog took his place, howling for several more hours.  I couldn't get to sleep until 3, and I had to get up at 6.

Sounds like you need to invest in some earplugs. Or call the Popo.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching videos on some future VN releases that may or may not get translated into English. It pangs my heart reminiscing about my past Summer experiences here at Fuwa. 

My biggest regret now is no longer having time to continue my Japanese lessons. My dream was to be able to read Visul Novels in the lexicon that it was meant to be read in. I was out of work for 3/4 of a year and lived on unemployment checks. While some people see it as a curse to be unemployed, I look back on it as one of those rare moments in life to be treasured. It's a pause in your struggles in life to decide which direction you want to head. That brief pause can be a deciding factor in the totality of your future. Spend unemployment time creatively and wisely. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Being unemployed absolutely blows.

I had to drop out of college due to financial reasons, leaving almost 3 years worth of credits on the table. I'm vehemontly against the concept of borrowing money, so I paid for most of the college I did get out of pocket. Having been a shit student in High School all of it was paid for without the use of scholarship money. After going on and off as my financial situtation allowed, I stopped going altogether 2 years ago figuring I could make it without a degree.

Of all the jobs Ive had since I started working back in High School, only one (One!) payed what I would consider to be a decent living wage. I got hired on as a supervisor on a truck dock making 17.50/Hr. I loved the work, even though working outside in the coldest winter in living memory was a b**** and the hours were long (10-12 hour shifts). Unfortuatly I had to give up what was basically a dream job for someone like me because upper management decided I wasnt onside with them because I wasnt being a dick to my workers like they were. Since then the only work Ive gotten was as a bartender, and Ive got zero prospects of solid employement on the horizon.

I hate hate HATE the fact that a 4 year degree is almost the minimum required education to get by in life, considering how hard it is for kids and people like myself in poorer economic postions to actually afford it. I hope all of you who have the opportunity to finish school do so regaurdless of how much you may hate it now or how much work it is. Believe me when I say its so much better than the alternative of sweating it out, hoping someone takes a chance on you, knowing every other person who applies for the job you did either has a 4 year degree or 10 to 20 years work experience on you.

/rant off