Samurai Quest - A Very Low Budget MSPaint Visual Novel

Aniki

How to Play:

Type down what you want the character to do or say and he might do it.

NOTE: Fiddle is the new gamemaster. I have faith in his skills.

The year is 1814. In the island nation of Japan, the Tokugawa shogunate ruled and peace prospered throughout the nation.

You are a ronin who lives in the city of Edo. You were reading a manga book when a young man entered the pub you were in. He said:

PJ48Cpe.png

GLOSSARY:

Kamakura Makoto - One of your many names. This was what you told Mikado.

Kamakura Mikado - A mysterious young man who wants the Takeda clan eliminated.

Kurosawa Hideyoshi - The owner of Kurosawa Armoury. He once lead victorious wars.

Kamakura Kanra - Younger sister of Kamakura Mikado.

Takeda Clan - A powerful clan who operates in Kai and surrounding areas.

Kurosawa Clan - Once a powerful clan which dominated the entire Kanto region. They were weakened and destroyed by the rise of the Tokugawa Shogunate.

House of Kamakura - A once powerful clan which was exiled to Europe after the rise of the Tokugawa. They fought during the Napoleonic Wars on the side of the Coalition.

Tokugawa Shogunate - The most powerful clan and the centre of government. Operates in Edo.

Kanto Constabulary - The police force of the Kanto area. Controlled by the Tokugawa.

Ronin - A masterless samurai. Practically a mercenary.

Edo - A city in Japan and the centre of government.

West Edo Pub - Previously a Kamakura hideout, the pub is a centre of gathering by both ronin and samurai. Ran by Kanra.

Toei Shipyard - A shipyard located near Edo Bay.

Tokugawa Tower - The tallest tower in Japan. It was the centre of Tokugawa government. Some say each floor was protected by a strong warrior.

Japan - Don't know where it is? Such a shame.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

You - Self-proclaimed Strongest Ronin. Previously a strong warrior of the Oda clan.

Intelligence: Mixed. Depends on one's personality.

Charisma: Has a multiple personality disorder.

Strength: Self-proclaimed Strongest Ronin.

Relation: You love yourself.

Money: Bankrupt. Good show.

Weapons:

Katana - Every ronin has one.

Kamakura Mikado - Last surviving son of the Kamakura clan. Fought in the German campaigns.

Intelligence: Devious War Tactician

Charisma: Somewhat Persuasive

Strength: Can hold off multiple riflemen or swordsmen at close range.

Relation: Lord. He is your boss.

Weapons:

Kodachi - Short Japanese sword. Can be wielded with one hand.

Double-barrel Flintlock Pistol - A relic from Europe. Fully functional and usable.

Kamakura Kanra Mikado's younger sister. She usually watches over a pub and inn, but she's also an informant.

Intelligence: Information Database

Charisma: Not very friendly

Strength: Excellent in one-on-one combat. Poor against groups.

Relation: Suspicious. Kanra thinks you're a fake.

Weapons:

Kodachi - Short Japanese sword.

Johannes of the Netherlands - Most dangerous man in the Netherlands. He helped the French once and defeated them later.

Intelligence: Admiral

Charisma: Smooth sailor.

Strength: Efficient killer.

Relation: Johannes sees you as a fellow comrade. For the raid, at least.

Weapons:

Model 1813 Navy - An American pistol. Weird. He's supposed to be Dutch.

Cutlass - Sword. Appears to be the French naval model. He's supposed to be Dutch!

I'm really tempted to ask him if his momma was so fat that killing her was the only way to get to the acres of land under her, but I'll restrain myself.

Say "Well then, I suppose I'll tell you that I'm the strongest ronin and fastest manga reader in Edo!"

I'm really tempted to ask him if his momma was so fat that killing her was the only way to get to the acres of land under her, but I'll restrain myself.

Say "Well then, I suppose I'll tell you that I'm the strongest ronin and fastest manga reader in Edo!"

If you did, he would just keep talking about it and the story would have never continued.

You said this with confidence. It seems you made him feel relieved. He said:

g2CXT7r.png

Well, since nobody else seems to want to participate...

Say "This manga sucks anyway, I accept whatever silly quest you have."

I'm pretty sure they're waiting for action >.> I'll hasten the story, then. Mikado's quest is pretty simple.

(And since you're the first player, you get to choose the character's gender. I assume the name Makoto is feminine, but you can name anyone practically anything.)

o8rsQ39.png

I actually meant for the character to be male, like SD's Makoto.

Get up and say "I have no idea who these Takeda are, but let's go!"

Whoa whoa whoa. You should ask about the payment first. What's in it for us?

This is awesome.

I second asking for the payment. The market for Ronin these days is poor, and the strongest in all of Edo should receive a favorable reward for his (her?) work. -_-

You ask about a payment. Mikado answers like a businessman:

LeTIHJF.png

100,000 yen? That's a rather large price.

Note: A glossary has been added to the original post.

Yen? I've only heard of Tokugawa coinage. Could this be... some sort of currency from the future!?

Note: It's not supposed to be historically accurate. Like for example... the very existence of the Takeda Clan.

Money is money. Onward to loot victory!

You have joined Mikado's party. You may now check his statistics and items on the original post (you may not use them).

XAVrZeQ.png

Seems like the Dungeon Master is sleeping. Should assign another dungeon master to take day shifts.

If only I had an assistant >.> I'm a very busy lady and I can't draw so much horribly-drawn pictures without hurting my fingers.

Fair enough. :P

I think we should check out the armaments store.

Inside of the armaments store was rather plain. Just four walls, ceiling, and a floor. There was also a counter and a display of weaponry. They all look state-of-the-art-ish... With your current intelligence, you really can't tell. There was an old man at the counter. He wore military-grade samurai armour. On his hat was the mon of the once feared and now disbanded Kurosawa clan.

LRas0qe.png