Logo Contest Feedback

Nosebleed

Now, if you're a staff member out there, please end this thread's arguing with a poll or something and let the light-hearted Fuwa experience flow in.  Please.

Well, actually the decisions are pretty much taken. In-theme will be more enforced, single poll to decide.

I still don't get where all that hate in Nayleen's post came from nor why things suddenly got so serious and what the hoards of trolls mentioned refer to - as far as I see all this thread is just people nitpicking about a trivial issue in all seriousness, just the internet in a nutshell and nothing very harmful.

Unless something happened again off-site and is behind this sudden outburst.

Since you ask about the seriousness factor in this thread, I'll "attempt" to graze the surface.  In case you haven't noticed, there's been a whole ton of drama around here.  I've already talked about this war of the lolicons and non-lolicons here and the mistreatment of staff.  Along with that, you guys are bickering over how to vote for a banner.  Seriously?  This is where a staff member should just ask Bats, the proposer of said idea, what he thinks, and then make a voting system without all of this.  That's more or less the issue.  Now, if you're a staff member out there, please end this thread's arguing with a poll or something and let the light-hearted Fuwa experience flow in.  Please.

I see. But again, perhaps it may be just me that's seeing this in a different light than everyone else, but I think this is a healthy discussion. 

Nosebleed proposed to add one more vote because some people thought 1 wasn't enough.

Some guys agreed and gave ideas. 

Some guys didn't.

Through this whole thing I've been the only one defending the 2 vote system, since I personally don't think it's complicated. In the end, Nosebleed decided to go for the 1 vote system. It's decided, discussion over.

Or so one would think... But suddenly!

Batman showed up! Saying this was way too serious, and consequently reviving the discussion...

Let me just say this, if people didn't burst in guns blazing after the vote discussion was dead and buried, I'm pretty sure the waters would've remained calm around here.

Not to blame anyone, this is a feedback thread, I'm of the opinion that discussion, suggestions, and decision-making is the point of this, so if he didn't state his opinion it'd all be rather pointless, ja?

Well, actually the decisions are pretty much taken. In-theme will be more enforced, single poll to decide.

I still don't get where all that hate in Nayleen's post came from nor why things suddenly got so serious and what the hoards of trolls mentioned refer to - as far as I see all this thread is just people nitpicking about a trivial issue in all seriousness, just the internet in a nutshell and nothing very harmful.

Unless something happened again off-site and is behind this sudden outburst.

Exactly! Some decisions were made. I don't get what's so serious about this either.

That was reverse psychology, though our spies actually knew you were typing something down anyway.

Dammit! I was deceived! This is outrageous, I'm in urgent need of more counter-spying facilities.

Batman showed up! Saying this was way too serious, and consequently reviving the discussion...

He was merely pointing out that his supposedly simple and fun activity suddenly became a very heated political debate.

This forum isn't a parliament building, it's a damned activity centre.

He was merely pointing out that his supposedly simple and fun activity suddenly became a very heated political debate.

This forum isn't a parliament building, it's a damned activity centre.

Funny thing, I also nearly wrote that this looked like a political debate. 

Are your spies at work yet again? :o

Feedback for the logo contest?

The logos that won, won due to most votes, either because people liked them the most, or they voted on popular ones. 

Truth is, its a logo. It sits at the top, its not a popularity contest.

Any more psychological debates in this thread, I'll close it, it might be Nosebleed's, but frankly, if the only way to put this to rest is to remove the discussion, I will.

For a long time, people have claimed we take a backseat, If this keeps up, I'll be the Mod you asked for.

Other than that, Have a nice day :D

Please understand that I am not looking to ruin anyones fun, but as the topic has shown, some people are posting in a sort of fun RP sense, while others are reading it as serious, this has a high probability of blowing up.

You are welcome to continue your debate, just know that if the mood of the topic goes to flaming and abuse of other users, I will have no choice to lock this up.

Sorry Kendjin, I'll be the one closing this thread.

First off I apologize for being absent when this turned into chaos. I was incredibly sleep deprived, I could not think clearly and I shouldn't have opened this thread when my brain couldn't function 100%. Thank you Rooke for telling me to go to sleep, I genuinely needed it.

Now that I've slept over 12 hours and I've cooled off my head, I feel like I'm able to properly write something again. Sadly this post is going to be the last one in the thread.

Again, sorry for not being a proper staff member and trying to do my job while not in the best mental conditions, that was a big flaw on my part and I do regret it and I hope some of you at least forgive me.

Now onto the issue at hand.

What this thread made me realize is that I shouldn't have made it in the first place.

I made this thread with a goal in mind: get people to suggest ways to improve the contest and get them to tell me what they thought was good or bad about the rules.

That was really the only thing that I wanted to know.

Because the goal of this thread in my mind was to work with you guys. This contest is for Fuwanovel, and while staff are in charge and could do whatever they want and you would just have to accept ir or leave, you guys are part of Fuwanovel and it didn't feel right for me as the person in charge if I didn't hear what you guys thought. I tried giving you a voice so the contest could be more fun and what did that result in? People started arguing and dividing into groups and the thread ended up being about bashing against each other rather than discussing what could be done to improve what was supposed to be a fun contest.

Now I never expected this thread to be peaceful, as a staff member I am painfully aware that you can never please everyone. But while some may think the solution is just go with your gut, I tried to be a bit more broad and see what you could come up with as the users who participated. Maybe it was naive of me, maybe i'm just not cut for the job, but I tried. I honestly tried my best to even give the minority a voice.

I tried listening to everyone's opinions before, during and after the contest. Just in hopes of maybe improving what me and Tay had initially planned. But sadly it seems that it won't go that way. No matter how hard I try it's clear to me that there'll never be one time where we can't have a discussion about the initial issue at hand instead of attacking each other.

As a moderator I accept being bashed, I accepted it as part of the job and with this contest, the first time where I asked to be in charge of a Fuwanovel event, I fully realized that I'll never be able to please everyone, that is even if i'm able to please the majority, that there'll always be people to diminish the work i tried putting into it. And you know that's fine, I'm still here, I'll still do my job and listen to everyone's voices during the next contests. But let me tell you that I will not make the mistake of trying to open one of these threads again.

I'm trying guys. I really am trying to listen to everyone and suggesting a solution that can be the best of both worlds. But it's just not working anymore.

This thread just made me realize one thing: I should have sticked with the set of rules I originally planned.

And that's how it's going to be in future contests.

I honeslty appreciate some useful opinions that were brought up initially. I'm sorry that I was too sleep deprived and couldn't properly reply to them, just know that I've re-read this whole thread and appreciate what you said and will keep it in mind.

As for the people who started attacking others, I'm sorry I couldn't do a good enough job to please you that you had to be so upset.

I agree with batman when he said this contest was supposed to be for fun, that was indeed my intention as well, I wanted people to enjoy making banners with the stuff they liked and proudly show them off regardless of artistic skill, yet it turned into a factions battle in the end because everything in Fuwa seems to turn like that nowadays.

All this fighting at one point just made me want to give up and hand this contest to someone else because I didn't feel capable of handling it properly, because I felt like I was ruining it in some way and letting everyone down and it felt like crap. But after cooling off I still sticked with what I've started and I'll go with it until the end unless it gets so painful I can't deal with it anymore. I hope it'll never get to that point, I hope that with this post maybe we can all appreciate that this is just a contest for fun and not a war and thus future contests will be more peaceful.

I don't want to make this post more redundant than it needs to be so i'll just sum up how contests will be from now on (since that was supposed to be the issue at first):

I will not ban any characters from the contest, this is creativity oppression and I will not change my personal stead against it. I'm sorry to those who don't like lolis, to those who think that shouldn't represent Fuwa, to those who just think that's plain wrong. I will not go back on this.

The voting will remain single vote as I addressed in the OP after editing it. I realized that trying to change this just turned the whole thing into a bigger mess and I shouldn't have suggested it in the first place.

The only thing that I am also aware and that I will change, and you can have my word on it, the theme will be strictly enforced in the next contest. I will make sure that only entries that prove they are created with the theme in mind will go through to the voting phase.

And yes batman the winner from a previous contest will not be able to participate in the contest that immediately follows, that was one rule I set intially as well.

I hope this post may please some of you, I know it won't please all of you, but it's just the best I can do right now. Thank you for reading all of it.