Akihabara Video Tour (Includes VNs, Anime, etc.)

OriginalRen

For those of you who never had the chance to take my Akihabara tour in TS before, I decided to record myself giving it last night in video format so the whole community is able to enjoy it. Hope you like it.

The title of this thread and the video explain itself. This is part 1 of 4. Part 2 is currently uploading, so I will finish uploading the other parts tomorrow when I have time to access YouTube. I hope this video series provides you with plenty of informative material as well as some fun personal stories about my life. Thanks for listening to anyone that does, and I hope it motivates you to visit Japan at some point if and when you are able.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I also just like sharing my stories so feel free to ask about my experiences as well.

Thanks again guys.

Realy nice, I like how you also included the train map and the card you can get, this is really informative. I might know some people who'd like to watch this, so I'll tweet a link to this vid, or did you secretly make a twitter?

I did not. Of all the social media sites, I never got into that one.

Nice video! I was caught into that crane machine hell quite early on myself. Well, I did a figure out of it in the end... but I think I'll never come close to any of them ever again, for the safety of my wallet. :D

I was just wondering, where did you buy PC VNs? I've been into some game stores to buy some Vita stuff, but none of these had any PC related things, it was all exclusive to consoles. I guess it would make sense not to throw eroges in between stuff for kids, but on the other hand, there were X rated magazines lying in between Shounen Jumps and game guides too. :D

I was just wondering, where did you buy PC VNs?

Sofmap is a good place to go. They have several buildings there. If he didn't cover that in this video he will definitely do it in the following ones, since it's one of the biggest shops. I'm gonna raid the hell out of them when I get my payment.

I was able to use your tour info by the way Ren, to find some nice spots, thanks :P

The rest of the parts are finished. Thanks for watching everyone!

I suppose I should bump this thread just in case to show that all the videos are posted.

When you go to Japan, you will be taking pictures and stuff, correct?

Of course. A lot of pictures I missed made me realize I won't this time around. With a camera I can actually record the stuff live.

Sofmap is a good place to go. They have several buildings there. If he didn't cover that in this video he will definitely do it in the following ones, since it's one of the biggest shops. I'm gonna raid the hell out of them when I get my payment.

I was able to use your tour info by the way Ren, to find some nice spots, thanks :P

Oh cool, thanks. I will have to go check that place out. Why is my wallet screaming already?

Why is my wallet screaming already?

Your wallet will die. I managed to get out of here with only a copy of Muv-Luv Alternative and Altered Fable, but not without hesitating and breaking my heart over Kara no Shoujo, Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, the bluray box of Chihayafuru, Utena and Hidamari Sketch - to cite only those I stumbled upon without particularly looking for anything.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey a relative of mine is going to Japan and was kind enough to ask if I wanted anything while they were there. What are the more popular anime goods in Japan right now? I would ask for a specific anime but whats popular over here might not be over there. Know any good J Pop bands also? Might ask for a CD.

Hey a relative of mine is going to Japan and was kind enough to ask if I wanted anything while they were there. What are the more popular anime goods in Japan right now? I would ask for a specific anime but whats popular over here might not be over there. Know any good J Pop bands also? Might ask for a CD.

Most popular things right now are probably Love Live and Shingeki no Kyojin. Also Idolm@ster, Madoka are still popular. And Evangelion of course has goods everywhere.

An easy thing to bring back would be a t-shirt, for example, in which case I'd advise you to check Cospa's website, since they have the best quality for anime t-shirt. They have a shop in Akiba. Other sites worth checking for goods would be Mandarake and Kotobukiya (not sure if this last one has a website).

Most popular things right now are probably Love Live and Shingeki no Kyojin. Also Idolm@ster, Madoka are still popular. And Evangelion of course has goods everywhere.

An easy thing to bring back would be a t-shirt, for example, in which case I'd advise you to check Cospa's website, since they have the best quality for anime t-shirt. They have a shop in Akiba. Other sites worth checking for goods would be Mandarake and Kotobukiya (not sure if this last one has a website).

Check out Aso Bit City like I said in that video, and the Volks store where the Hatsune Miku mascot was performing. They have all sorts of goodies there.