• Kurome
    • Lubock
    • Chelsea
    • Senryuu, Seryuu
    • Najenda
    • Bols
    • Run
    • Wave
  2. 2. Manga Readers: What will Mine's fate be?

• Killed by Esdeath
    • Kills Esdeath
    • Survives but doesn't Kill Esdeath
    • Survives but Tatsumi dies
    • Mein will survive and reign as the new Queen and everyone will bow down to her and praise her as the Goddess she is.
    • Mine dies by someone other than Esdeath
  3. 3. Who's your favorite pairing?

• Tatsumi x Mine - They're actually a couple...
    • Tatsumi x Esdeath - ...who aren't as hot as this pairing...
    • Tatsumi x Akame ...but If only Akame had more lines...
    • Wave x Kurome ...then they'd be like this (future) duo...
    • Tatsumi x Bulat - ...p.s. we all regret Bulat's death.

This poll is closed to new votes

You're missing the Gundam

I thought they were EVA?

So.. basically the anime went:

"Here's this anime called Akame ga Kill where Akame doesn't have any role whatsoever until everyone dies and she defeeats the evil boss because plot"

Sounds like a great idea.

Esdeath is only survivor, that's my hope.  Or at least they kill each other. 

well Tatsumi is 'dead' (in anime)so it'll be Akame to defeat Esdese but i dont see how she'll do so unless she gets some sort of massive powerup in the LAST episode

they can go in many directions with the last episode,hope the ending doesnt suck alteast ;d

akame never used any abilities of her imperial arms

except the passive ability of the poison but every person she killed was with her own skill

Isn't there only one ability of her teigu besides guaranteeing a one-slash kill?

That's why she's so good.

I wonder what her trump card is though.

That's kind of boring though, she hasn't had anything flashy through out the whole series, i would definitely hope her Teigu had some trump card or something besides the regular one hit kill ability. I'm not saying the ability isn't cool but when you look back on it she's just slashing people anyway so the ability rarely stands out.

That's kind of boring though, she hasn't had anything flashy through out the whole series, i would definitely hope her Teigu had some trump card or something besides the regular one hit kill ability. I'm not saying the ability isn't cool but when you look back on it she's just slashing people anyway so the ability rarely stands out.

Yeah. What's interesting about her is how she spins and twirls in mid-air when fighting enemies.

I guess she's a gymnast.

But yeah. It's quite boring not having a flashy skill.

Everyone's supposed to have one. I mean, even Lubbock had one.

On Chapter 16 or 17. Someone tell me this shit is going to get good. The explanation of the Teigu and the seriously FLAWED talk during fighting is killing the motivation all together. I don't feel any realism. Attack on Titan does it way better than this shit. The creator of Attack on Titan posts artwork, blueprints and other shit on completely separate pages and explains the history, facts and whatever else he wants to cover in-between chapters. Even the weapons, the walls, towns, etc. Fuck sakes man ........

Akame Ga Kill ranked 3rd or 2nd, I'm still waiting for something amazing to happen ... let's tank few more chapters. I don't feel it yet.

On Chapter 16 or 17. Someone tell me this shit is going to get good. The explanation of the Teigu and the seriously FLAWED talk during fighting is killing the motivation all together. I don't feel any realism. Attack on Titan does it way better than this shit. The creator of Attack on Titan posts artwork, blueprints and other shit on completely separate pages and explains the history, facts and whatever else he wants to cover in-between chapters. Even the weapons, the walls, towns, etc. Fuck sakes man ........Akame Ga Kill ranked 3rd or 2nd, I'm still waiting for something amazing to happen ... let's tank few more chapters. I don't feel it yet.

WOW

That's the ending the anime gets?

I'm so done if the manga ends like this.

I decided i'd just jump into the last episode since everyone here pretty much filled me in on what happened and I don't think i missed any vital parts and I don't feel like sitting through the whole thing.

So basically everyone except Akame died.. yay...

I also love how they just had fireworks set up for celebration, like it was already implied Night Raid would win.

I agree the ending should be this way (Night Raid winning and building a new Kingdom) but the anime made it feel a little empty by literally killing off everyone without developing them properly and having Akame only showing her true power at the end like "Hey we're naming the series after her but you'll only know why at the very end!".

Note that I'm okay with characters dying, but they should have meaningful deaths and I think Leone's death in particular was horribly done and had no reason to be there (yeah let's just get shot 10 times because having a strong will is much better!) other than being there to kill her off and it just made her character look bad imo and they even dare to make her go around town visiting places with 10 holes punctured in her body.

Mine's death was also pretty meaningless given that she had almost no attachment to the story (because the anime cut off the romance between her and Tatsumi which would have made her death a lot more impactful).

Tatsumi's death was meh, I guess he never really did have any strong points other than being hte protagonist but I still felt like they were just killing him off for the sake of killing him off, his death added no value whatsoever.

Overall after going for an original ending I truly believe Akame ga Kill shot itself in the foot because the pacing and balance between the deaths and the plot progression got totally jumbled up and made it look like a joke by trying to make the climax this deathfest that was like an empty oyster. They just went haphazardly killing off characters to try and desperately make the whole thing more dramatic/impactful which in turn resulted in everything feeling rushed for no reason.

Maybe I'm the only one that feels like this but eh.

Do you think the manga is also approaching its end?