E3 2014

Stray Cat

As far as I could tell there wasn't a topic on this, and since it was less than a week ago I'll start one.  What was the best part of E3 this year?  What games are you most excited for?  Etc.

Personally, I'm excited to see more Senran Kagura games heading stateside, with Shinovi Versus and Bon Appetit coming this year for PS Vita (yes I'm a sucker for fan-service but they really are good games besides that).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suF-8yl_OtY

Additionally, we have Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Persona Q, and with Palutena joining Smash, I'm pacified. XD

Humm, I can't really add much to the discussion because I didnt actually watch any of it, but I heard from a friend that it was fairly disappointing this year. Is that true? or is it just a matter of interests? Also, cooking game? awesome.

Humm, I can't really add much to the discussion because I didnt actually watch any of it, but I heard from a friend that it was fairly disappointing this year. Is that true? or is it just a matter of interests? Also, cooking game? awesome.

In my opinion, the presentations (aside from Nintendo) were not as good as usual but that's cause there was not a lot from the Japanese developers (such as Square) featured but some people were satisfied.  If you are have a 3DS or Wii U I would consider watching the Nintendo Direct but much of what they showed is not out until 2015.  

The game will be a cooking/rhythm combination game and if you do have a 3DS, I would recommend getting Senran Kagura Burst (the US release of the first two games) off of the Nintendo eShop. 

Over the last few years I've grown to really hate E3 so I'm glad I was able to ignore all of it this year :) (thanks to no-lifing iroseka xD)

All the "big" media coverage is terrible (gamespots and similar), full of stupid stuff and people who don't even know what they're talking about. I'd rather watch the coverage of smaller channels of individual people from shows like PAX.

And not to mention that half of the E3 is all lies anyways, trailers that don't even represent the game or show any gameplay and if there is a gameplay video its most likely fake and the stuff shown there will look much worse (graphically) and even some of the mechanics will get dumbed down. That at least has been the trend of the past few years.

So yeah, these days its best to just wait for the game release and judge after that, any preorders and such are so high risk since the games often don't live up to the hype (Watch Dogez ehm ehm).

So then again maybe E3 has always been this bad and I just didn't see it several years ago, blinded by the Hype xD But they can't get me this time :P

Am I the only one hyped for Palutena in SSB4? Thank you Nintendo.

I'm hyped for Palutena in ssb4 too but I was more hyped about the new zelda game. Not hyrule warriors but the one after that. Other than that though I was a little disappointed at the new games this year for e3.

Hyped for Evolve, Left 4 Dead series is one of my favorite so I have high hopes for it. Also a long time Rainbow Six fan so the new one is gotten me really pumped.

Glad to hear that more Senran Kagura are coming to NA didn't hear about that fun games. 

Persona Q I have been hyped for since Persona 4 Golden is like one of my favorite games of all time.

Got into beta for Battlefield Hardline, it is basically every other battlefield with some different game modes.

There were a lot of games that caught my eye but those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head.

Hyped for Evolve, Left 4 Dead series is one of my favorite so I have high hopes for it. Also a long time Rainbow Six fan so the new one is gotten me really pumped.

Glad to hear that more Senran Kagura are coming to NA didn't hear about that fun games. 

Persona Q I have been hyped for since Persona 4 Golden is like one of my favorite games of all time.

Got into beta for Battlefield Hardline, it is basically every other battlefield with some different game modes.

There were a lot of games that caught my eye but those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head.

Evolve looks absolutly sick. You see the new playable monster they debued?

Yeah, Evolve looks sick i can't wait for it! Me and some buds plan to buy it for PC once it comes out. 

Dito. My Steam name is Brutalkill if you want to add me.

The game which will force me to buy a 3DS *sigh*.

More money down the drain. At least its towards something worthwhile :P

Am I the only one hyped for Palutena in SSB4? Thank you Nintendo.

No, you are definitely not alone. XD  I'm still hoping that by some miracle we get Kid Icarus Uprising 2.

The game which will force me to buy a 3DS *sigh*.

Most people are I know are going to be buying one for the Ruby and Sapphire remakes so they can experience the nostalgia.  Both Pokemon and Persona Q are set to come out right before Thanksgiving too so I can probably only play one of them before Christmas.  Decisions. 

I'm hyped for Palutena in ssb4 too but I was more hyped about the new zelda game. Not hyrule warriors but the one after that. Other than that though I was a little disappointed at the new games this year for e3.

E3 was weak, but Nintendo did a great job IMO.

@ Stray Cat: Good to hear! Palutena is easily my confirmed main.