Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

Oh I forgot to ask one last thing.

Do I want to try and raise 1 idol up per team, or try and level my whole team equally? 

I was thinking of levelling the R+ up about 20 levels, then doing the rest?

That's a good question. We'll have to see what some of the veterans have to say, but I've been leveling my cards equally.

its a habit from my Pokemon days, but idk which is the most effective ><

What I do know is that a higher rarity has higher level cap and higher exp curve needed to level the cards.

If you tried to focus purely on that UR Kotori of yours for example, your other cards will probably sit at level 1 for months xD

Edit: Actually, I havent been leveling my normals at all; I think I've only ever focused on Rares+ and by the time I got them to a decent level I got another Rare+ and focused on that.

And eventually you'll fill out your team with Rare+ and can bench the normals (keep 1 copy of all normals idolized so you can max level them in the future for achievement bonuses)

~~~

TLDR; I suggest leveling your Rares first and leave the Normals alone, since they'll end up being benched by the time you get more Rares

That's a good question. We'll have to see what some of the veterans have to say, but I've been leveling my cards equally.

its a habit from my Pokemon days, but idk which is the most effective ><

What I do know is that a higher rarity has higher level cap and higher exp curve needed to level the cards.

If you tried to focus purely on that UR Kotori of yours for example, your other cards will probably sit at level 1 for months xD

Edit: Actually, I havent been leveling my normals at all; I think I've only ever focused on Rares+ and by the time I got them to a decent level I got another Rare+ and focused on that.

And eventually you'll fill out your team with Rare+ and can bench the normals (keep 1 copy of all normals idolized so you can max level them in the future for achievement bonuses)

~~~

TLDR; I suggest leveling your Rares first and leave the Normals alone, since they'll end up being benched by the time you get more Rares

I forgot to consider that UR Kotori... When I got my UR Nico early on in my JP account, it felt like FOREVER before I maxed it, since URs need like 1000 EXP a level in the 60s and 70s, which is 3 levels for a rare in the 50s... I regretted wasting so much fodder on the Nico at the time, since the rest of my team suffered, and my stats were lower on average until I finished Nico and moved on to my rares.

Also, don't bother ever leveling normals, if you have extra normals and your rares are maxed, work on the Kotori. I didn't level my normals until I was rank 60-70, and that was only to fill the album rewards (and I had held on to my whole Idolized normal set until then)

I think I'll just settle for < 1000 rank for the event. it'll cost waaay to many gems to get < 200.

Spent about 10-15ish love gems so far (but got to replenish a good amount thanks to maxing bonds ^.^); currently sitting at around 16k event points, rank 310. Should be easy to spread out the grind to stay in this threshold from here on out.

Kendjin, post your account ID number so I can add you! (When I get another friendslot of course)

~~~
Question: In Score Matches, how come some people aren't using a leader with an attribute that matches the song? Do they not care or does it not matter?

I think I'll just settle for < 1000 rank for the event. it'll cost waaay to many gems to get < 200.

Spent about 10-15ish love gems so far (but got to replenish a good amount thanks to maxing bonds ^.^); currently sitting at around 16k event points, rank 310. Should be easy to spread out the grind to stay in this threshold from here on out.

Kendjin, post your account ID number so I can add you! (When I get another friendslot of course)

~~~

Question: In Score Matches, how come some people aren't using a leader with an attribute that matches the song? Do they not care or does it not matter?

I have 2 more ranks and I get another slot too :D

I'd assume 20 gems for top 1000 if you were rank 70 (maybe a little more), but 40+ for the same rank for top 200. I've spent about 17 so far (I think) and am currently 22nd place, but I get to play 6 hards per gem, meaning with your rank 43, where you get 3 hards per full charge, I would have earned more than 10,000 more points than you if we used the same number of gems (17). Massive advantage.

Lastly, what you see as the other player's leader isn't the leader of the team they are using for the song, but their overall leader (main formation). If you match against me, it will show a pure idolized Rin, even if we are playing a cool song for example.

I actually have an example, I played against Maki~Chan twice, once in cool and once in smile.

JBPyQsg.jpg

P626ODh.jpg

I have 2 more ranks and I get another slot too :D

I'd assume 20 gems for top 1000 if you were rank 70 (maybe a little more), but 40+ for the same rank for top 200. I've spent about 17 so far (I think) and am currently 22nd place, but I get to play 6 hards per gem, meaning with your rank 43, where you get 3 hards per full charge, I would have earned more than 10,000 more points than you if we used the same number of gems (17). Massive advantage.

Lastly, what you see as the other player's leader isn't the leader of the team they are using for the song, but their overall leader (main formation). If you match against me, it will show a pure idolized Rin, even if we are playing a cool song for example.

I actually have an example, I played against Maki~Chan twice, once in cool and once in smile.

JBPyQsg.jpg

P626ODh.jpg

Thanks for clarification. It confused me because for ourselves we see a picture of our chosen team leader rather than main formation team leader, but apparently that is not true for others.

Edit: I'm changing my main formation leader for now so I don't disgrace myself for having a UR and not FC'ing when i happen to derp hehe

b57532b60183bab635799062f2e1e36b.png

Thank you for always playing School Idol Festival.

As of October 5, 2014, School Idol Festival has surpassed 5 million players!

To commemorate the occasion, we will be carrying out the following campaigns.

※Details can also be found in the game Notices.

Part 1

Starting on October 16 (Thursday), a special log-in bonus of 1 Love Gem every day for 7 days.

Part 2

Voting Event - "Christmas Present Epic Battle" Commences!

Christmas is in 2 months...We're letting everyone choose their favorite μ’s member to receive as a Christmas present! "Who" and "What" we're giving away will be decided through a poll, and the member that is 1st will be transformed into a UR Card as a present to everyone.

You can also see that member's reaction when they receive a present in a side story♪

What kind of reaction would your favorite member have when they receive a present? Please consider that while you're voting.

Voting Period: October 15 (Wednesday) ~ October 31 (Friday)

Announcement of Results: November 15 (Saturday)

We plan to distribute this special UR through a log-in bonus campaign, which will be announced at a later date.

Part 3

9 new R cards of the "Yume no Tobira" costumes will be added to "Honor Student Scouting" as well as "Regular Student Scouting."

[Added Cards]

R Housaka Honoka, R Ayase Eli, R Minami Kotori, R Sonoda Umi, R Hoshizora Rin, R Nishikino Maki, R Toujou Nozomi, R Yazawa Nico

[Outfits]

(Normal) Pajama ⇒ (Idolized) "Yume no Tobira" Costume

When they will be added, as well as the details, will be announced later on, so please look forward to it.

Furthermore, regarding Part 3 of our 4 million players campaign, the 9 new R cards of the "Korekara no Someday" costumes will be added to "Honor Student Scouting" as well as "Regular Student Scouting on October 15 (Wednesday) at 16:00 JST.

We hope you continue to enjoy School Idol Festival

They're finally adding the Korekara cards they delayed on, I can finally get a Kitty Rin!

IsWmHWH.jpg

You have had 3 UR pures :P

Some of the top ranked people have weak teams, I always ran into Toki who destroyed me by like 30k every time though xD Einhejar didn't FC... Meaning he can beat me in Pure since I can only 190k Kitto Seishun. I wonder if I make people happy for beating me since I'm ranked high.

@Maki: not sure, I think you vote on the website. That text was translated from the website I think, I stole it from Reddit.

Well, I practically give up on being in the top 200 so I'll maintain my position of being in the top 1000. I'm 4k short from the SR Maki, so it shouldn't be too hard to get.

But seriously, it's only being two days since the event started and right now I'm seeing the top ranked player having 155k event points, HOW?!?!?!?!

Oh.

Rawr Ceris pls specify so next time (even tho that poster is obviously in jp but still!) otherwise you get us non-jp players excited for nothing xD

I think they will do another campaign for eng server :D Christmas UR card I hope they will do it. Last year and appearently this year too they do it on jp server :D Who will you vote??? If it is not on notice page, I wanna vote too :D Eng server it is going to be Maki I think but JP sever last year it was Kotori Christmas UR in summer it was Eli UR card this year might be Umi or Maki or Hanayo I think (they have lots of fans)

Well, I practically give up on being in the top 200 so I'll maintain my position of being in the top 1000. I'm 4k short from the SR Maki, so it shouldn't be too hard to get.

But seriously, it's only being two days since the event started and right now I'm seeing the top ranked player having 155k event points, HOW?!?!?!?!

Money, hard-core grinding that lasts for hours and durable fingers. That's how they do it. 

Oh right, and stamina as well. The higher their rank, the more stamina, the more songs they can play from each love gem recharge.

Edited by phoenixfyre2552

I think they will do another campaign for eng server :D Christmas UR card I hope they will do it. Last year and appearently this year too they do it on jp server :D Who will you vote??? If it is not on notice page, I wanna vote too :D Eng server it is going to be Maki I think but JP sever last year it was Kotori Christmas UR in summer it was Eli UR card this year might be Umi or Maki or Hanayo I think (they have lots of fans)

Hopefully!

I'd vote Maki all the way  :wub:

Yeah I'm settling for top 1000 as well xD. It'll cost waay to many gems to go for top 200, not to mention our disadvantage for being low rank so we have lower maximum LP

~~~

Right now the cutoff for 1000 is like 15000 points... I'll keep my eye on how fast this increases per day

Oh.

Rawr Ceris pls specify so next time (even tho that poster is obviously in jp but still!) otherwise you get us non-jp players excited for nothing xD

Sorry, didn't even cross my mind xD It WAS in Japanese though.

Dedication. Those top 2 so far have played more than I did if you put my best 4 days together in the Rin event. (Maybe I'm downplaying myself a little, I kinda spread my grinding out and had done ~4-6 hours a day, 8 hours on day 1, and 12 on the last)

Money, hard-core grinding that lasts for hours and durable fingers. That's how they do it. 

Oh right, and stamina as well. The higher their rank, the more stamina, the more songs they can play from each love gem recharge.

"For hours" isn't a good enough phrase. Day 1, they grinded for nearly 18 hours straight (Well, Cryza had a 30min break from what he told me)

I don't think we'll get a vote in the EN version. KLab EN was too lazy to get our newest UR and SR card descriptions right, I doubt they'll take the time to make us a brand new card. If there IS a vote, I expect Maki to win, with Nico in 2nd, with Rin in dead last judging by event turnouts :(

Yeah I'm settling for top 1000 as well xD. It'll cost waay to many gems to go for top 200, not to mention our disadvantage for being low rank so we have lower maximum LP

~~~

Right now the cutoff for 1000 is like 15000 points... I'll keep my eye on how fast this increases per day

Expect the end cutoff to be ~65,000-70,000.