Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

Huh, a Kotori event started on the JP games. No way am I going to attempt for a 2nd SR in that one.

What's Na wa tobi? And I've gotten only a C combo on Yujo no Change, but I only have 2 clears on it because I've rage quitted twice for hitting too many goods. I can tell you, Yujo no Change is the fastest Expert song I've played out of like 5-6 songs. For some reason the speed is just crazy, making it harder than even Baby Maybe Koi no Button.

Just tried Yujo no Change, and for my 3rd clear, 12 goods, 1 bad, 1 miss. The notes are pretty much a blur in my eyes.

Na wa Tobi, the 2nd daily songs on jpn server, Yujo no Change i tried 12 times, the best only 5 good T_T I can see the notes well in past few days, today cannot... I always get C combo XD my B combo done once when 1st time plays, dunno why tats time can respond fast juz after wake up from sleep =w=

P/s: dying well when play loveless world... 7 sec get my noobie team sinked...

I am actually looking forward to get 2 sr honoka cards i really like the transformed card :) how many love gems will i need to use i wonder ? :D and i really wish cutoffs will change... i woke up every night for nico event i didn't waste any i mean any lp... i didn't use love gems but i could get 20,000 pts still couldn't get 2nd sr nico that was sad cause if you don't spend, you cannot get anything :/

**Hopefully no incomplete thoughts below, I jumped around a lot while typing this, being distracted and moved away from the computer twice, and spent like an hour thinking and finding scenes and such. **

I haven't made an overly long post about Rin yet. I planned on adding a section on my MAL page describing my fondness of Rin, just haven't gotten around to it, so I'll just settle with this for now.

If it doesn't trouble you, can you explain to me what makes Rin have more compared to Honoka (I always find it hard to figure out the differences between them)?

Spoiler tabs to hide pictures, everything is anime related, so if anyone hasn't seen it, don't look in spoiler tabs :P

I didn't feel like digging through all the episodes of both seasons, so I just stuck to episode 4 of season 1 and episode 5 of season 2, which pertain to Rin the most. I did pull one picture from episode 3 when Honoka, Umi, and Kotori were performing Start:Dash.

I was being a bit biased with my statement, but here we go. As Nosebleed said, Honoka is your typical genki girl meant to lead the group through pure charisma. Rin on the other hand has the genki side (the feature most people see), but she's a lot more reserved than Honoka and leans more towards Hanayo's shy side. There's plenty of example of this.

Episode 4 S1 when Hanayo asked if Rin would join her in being an idol

ajr3E.jpg

A genki character wouldn't be so hesitant and just straight out deny it

Pretty much all of episode 5 of Season 2 was Rin's reserved side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cDZFSEnxYA

Also later that episode when she argued with Hanayo and Maki. Being overly unsure of yourself isn't really an outgoing trait :P

So there puts Rin past just being your stock genki character.

Rin's next prominent trait is her tomboyish side. While she looks the part and acts the part with her sports, dress, etc, as Maki said in S2, Rin's actually one of the girlier members of u's.

While I am a huge fan of tomboys in general, I love that Rin keeps a girly side to her.

ajqCr.jpg

This posture isn't very tomboyish, is it?

She also doesn't want to be boyish and wants to wear dresses and skirts like everyone else

ajs8W.jpg

This scene was in episode 5 before they forced her into wearing the dress, she still holds that in front of her because she wants to wear it.

And then the end of episode 5 of season 2

ajuEN.jpg

ajuMt.jpg

So much girly-ness!

So, she doesn't follow the stock tomboyish character trait either.

Away from her personality itself, Rin's also the only character with something actually beyond just a "present time" issue. I'm a person who shows sympathy fast and easily, especially with characters I like. Rin has that whole "I'm too boyish to be cute" thing to her. The fact that she has something bothering her for a while puts her apart from the rest of the group as well.

Again, when Hanayo asked if Rin would join u's with her, just before outright denying her ability to be an idol, she has this expression, which shows it troubles her.

ajr1c.jpg

and then everything that goes on in Episode 5 Season 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBWhqIDeUNk

Personal preference, I find being unsure of yourself very endearing. That, along with this next part alone are reasons Rin's my favorite Love Live character, but everything else contributes to being my favorite character of all time.

So, last, while this isn't a whole "being different than Honoka or anyone else", it's a trait worth mentioning that gets overlooked because it doesn't come up often. Rin's a very loyal friend, and goes out of her way to help her best friend of all time, Hanayo.

Episode 4 of Season 1, Rin (and Maki), spent their time to help Hanayo do something she really wanted to do, but couldn't.

ajtl4.jpg

ajt0j.jpg

That gave bonus points to Maki, as well as this for Hanayo and Maki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XhtRkGvMgY

Like I said, sympathy is huge to me, and people helping each other is very high on my list too.

A random thing without evidence, I just always got a cutesy sort of feeling from Rin, while I wouldn't really use the word cutesy to describe Honoka. nya~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTAUrRuba7U

(why doesn't this video embed like the others?)

So yeah, thinking about one subject for too long makes my brain go "bleh" and my critical thinking process just dies, so here's the end of the post. I also have a few personal preferences to help Rin be one of my favorites. I like orange hair and smaller chest sizes, just how it is :P

Double post to keep my entire Rin post free of other topics.

Na wa Tobi, the 2nd daily songs on jpn server, Yujo no Change i tried 12 times, the best only 5 good T_T I can see the notes well in past few days, today cannot... I always get C combo XD my B combo done once when 1st time plays, dunno why tats time can respond fast juz after wake up from sleep =w=

P/s: dying well when play loveless world... 7 sec get my noobie team sinked...

Loveless World was crazy... I made a post on it a bit back.

I found a song I clearly wasn't ready for.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24019378

These were my results.

gDWABtO.jpg

mKaSu87.jpg

I even picked the Pure team which was off attribute and still barely survived. That almost felt like my thumbs were at their limit.

This is what happens when I stop caring after getting a like 5 goods at the beginning of a song.

Ivl2zsb.png

Nice post about Rin.

I really like Rin as well, she's my 3rd favorite character and although her personality conflicts with Honoka, for some reason I feel like she stands out more, or is more unique, she just has her own charm.

Even if it's just the nya, it just makes Rin.. well, Rin.

And her story is really touching too and you can't help but cheer her on.

Rin is extremly cute even if she doesn't believe it herself.

Also NicoMaki post of the day.

Nico's birthday is almost here too!

JQDB24e.jpg

Susume->Tommorow feels like an really easy song on hard setting. Despite this, my constant attempts at FC'ing it ended in vain so far. I've been trying since yesterday and always make that stupid mistake in the middle of the song. Therefore I propose on introducing a new term: YASM (Yet Another Stupid Mistake).

Susume->Tommorow feels like an really easy song on hard setting. Despite this, my constant attempts at FC'ing it ended in vain so far. I've been trying since yesterday and always make that stupid mistake in the middle of the song. Therefore I propose on introducing a new term: YASM (Yet Another Stupid Mistake).

Certainly an acronym is more refined than the more colloquial "brain fart".

I approve of this term. I will likely use it on a daily basis too.

Although right now I have every song FC'd so yay.

I approve of this. Changed my usertitle to match it.

I just listened to 2 versions of Korekara no Someday, while listening to Nico's solo version I noticed there's a moment in the song where Nico says one line she doesn't say in the original.

Then I tried Maki's solo and Maki also has a special line.

This means that every solo version of Korekara no Someday has a special line for every character. Kind of neat.

I just listened to 2 versions of Korekara no Someday, while listening to Nico's solo version I noticed there's a moment in the song where Nico says one line she doesn't say in the original.

Then I tried Maki's solo and Maki also has a special line.

This means that every solo version of Korekara no Someday has a special line for every character. Kind of neat.

Yeah, Hanayo's has her signature " Tasukete "

That's what I wish I could do for Rin's event :(

I want to play the jp version too but when i click the link of the app, it says i can't use it in my country it must be japan

How do you guys play it???

And i loved how Ceris described Rin from his eyes i feel the same for Rin :D today i saw a pic of her she was soo cute i think all members have their own cuteness :3