Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

Holy fuck I remember why I hate reading mangas now, that damn text. 

Can someone supply names because I don't know the names :<. 

In celebration of Tanabata:

YFnfUQk.jpg

Nico: Hiyaah! Fufun! (triumphant pose) 

?: Amazing!

?: I know right? 

Rin: How like Tanabata nya! 

Honoka: Honoka is going to write wishes too! 

Umi? : Wow.... 

?: Yeah.... I wonder where she got that from. 

?: Oh wow, how amazing.

?: ? 

rmxW3fl.jpg

Wishcard: Become the #1 Idol in the universe. 

Rin: Rin's not going to lose to Niko-chan nya! 

Honoka: Honoka is going to write tons of wishes too! 

(nyaa and uoooo sound effects from Honoka and Rin) 

?: W..Wow.... 

Maki?: How idiotic. 

Niko: Don't you guys have anything else to write? Niko isn't taking no for an answer! 

(This part is kind of weird. The first box asks if this is all they want to write, implying that they should write more,and the second part is some weird thing like "Niko doesn't want to be told "only" ")   

W22G4sW.jpg

!

Maki: This is.. Niko-chan's isn't it? 

Maki: It's probably the same wish from earlier but.... while it's lying on the ground like that I can't help but want to look. 

Maki: Jeez... Just a peek. 

08qnGGS.jpg

Rin: I'm tired of writing now nya. 

Honoka: Me too

?: You guys..

Niko: Oh yeah, I wonder what Maki-chan's wish was? 

Nico: Wait don't tell me she wrote something about tomatoes.....

?: eh?

Maki: ....

lPDGXJI.jpg

Nico: Maki-chan

Maki: Huh?.!. What..? 

Nico: What did you write? 

Maki: It's a secret! 

Nico: ...? 

(background: Niko

background: Maki)

?: It's almost about time for school to end, let's head home. 

Nico: Hey, what did you write? 

Maki: Sigh... That again? jeez

Nico: Jeez, just tell me. 

[panel]

Niko: What's with her? Jeez, it's not like it's something she can't tell me. 

IJojFZM.jpg

Maki: Niko-chan

Niko: Whataya want? 

Maki: Do you want to know? 

Niko: ?! Yes! 

Maki: Well you see... 

Right wishcard: I want to become Maki-chan's girlfriend.

Left wishcard: I want to make Niko-chan my girlfriend 

Someone can edit in the english now :P 

Holy fuck I remember why I hate reading mangas now, that damn text. 

Can someone supply names because I don't know the names :<. 

Someone can edit in the english now :P

I know the struggle. Just looking up some of the kanji was a nightmare with that font.

One time I spent 1 hour trying to look up a kanji only to figure out it was Maki's name. And what's worse is that I didn't even notice the ちゃん right after it. Never have I facepalmed that hard.

Also I couldn't translate some of the lines properly i just got the general meaning of most of them and I was also too lazy to edit the thing so you must be happy with this :P

Of course i transalted those cute wishcards though<3

I'll try to edit it with your translation. Thanks Meph :D

Also by character names you mean the names in jap?

I don't even know the names in english... The only reason I would need the names is to make it clearer when typing it like that though, if it's edited in to panels it doesn't matter :P

The font was a pain for hirigana lol. I think the only kanji it used was negai koto and maki? 

edit: I have a bad memory, there was more kanji, I just didn't remember they were there until I read them again xD 

What would one need with over 11k love gems at one time!? 

I'm at 9936 event points right now and still will be using that love gem refill tonight to get the 30 clears on the daily song, so I'll end tonight with ~10.8k before I go to sleep. I'm getting close to that Nico!

They used a lot of hiragana for the characters despite them having Kanji like Honoka.

I'll edit the manga in a bit.

But if anyone wants to memorize the character names/looks:

Kousaka Honoka (高坂 穂乃果)

245793.jpg

Yazawa Nico (矢澤 にこ)

200929.jpg

Nishikino Maki (西木野 真姫)

196139.jpg

Minami Kotori (南 ことり)

201135.jpg

Sonoda Umi (園田 海未)

196143.jpg

Hoshizora Rin (星空 凛)

196147.jpg

Ayase Eri (絢瀬 絵里) :

200925.jpg

Koizumi Hanayo  (小泉 花陽) Aka "Kayochin"

201133.jpg

Tojo Nozomi (東條 希)

200927.jpg

I noticed I skipped the panel that says

?: Niko...

?: Let's just take that at face value.....

(its says スピリチュアル (spiritual), but it's also how like "style" in japanese refers to one's figure, not one's clothing style. spiritual is used in funky ways.)

They used a lot of hiragana for the characters despite them having Kanji like Honoka.

I'll edit the manga in a bit.

But if anyone wants to memorize the character names/looks:

Kousaka Honoka (高坂 穂乃果)

245793.jpg

Yazawa Nico (矢澤 にこ)

200929.jpg

Nishikino Maki (西木野 真姫)

196139.jpg

Minami Kotori (南 ことり)

201135.jpg

Sonoda Umi (園田 海未)

196143.jpg

Hoshizora Rin (星空 凛)

196147.jpg

Ayase Eri (絢瀬 絵里) :

200925.jpg

Koizumi Hanayo  (小泉 花陽) Aka "Kayochin"

201133.jpg

Tojo Nozomi (東條 希)

200927.jpg

I need to learn Japanese in general but really don't know where to start or how to progress. The only name I recognize on site was Hanayo's because the symbol is very easy to recognize compared to everyone else's :P

I need to learn Japanese in general but really don't know where to start or how to progress. The only name I recognize on site was Hanayo's because the symbol is very easy to recognize compared to everyone else's :P

How I recognize the kanji for members of u's:

As long as it's followed by ちゃん it's the name of the person they're talking to. (memorized this after the Maki failure)

The good thing in u's is that they all refer to each other with chan which makes my life easier because if not i'd be completely dead trying to remember each and every kanji.

Sometimes some artists are nice and write their names with kanas like this one did which makes it 10 times easier to read.

Easiest names to remember are にこ and ことり :P

I'm only interested in memorizing Nico and Maki's names anyway.

So, I'm jut going to guess, Rin calls Hanayo, Kayochin, because she initially read the name as that? Aren't pronunciation and spelling in Japanese are two different things? All I know about Japanese is there's katakana, hirigana, and Kanji, katakana spells things out and Kanji is all about memorization and not even the Japanese remember them all.

Is it really just ことり and not 小鳥 :P

I wondered that too. It is officially ことり

But the pun is still very real, at least in the fandom

Nl2ISFn.jpg

So, I'm jut going to guess, Rin calls Hanayo, Kayochin, because she initially read the name as that? Aren't pronunciation and spelling in Japanese are two different things? All I know about Japanese is there's katakana, hirigana, and Kanji, katakana spells things out and Kanji is all about memorization and not even the Japanese remember them all.

Correct.

花陽 for Koizumi is read as Kayo too.

Chin is just the honorific I believe.

Also Hiragana are the ones that represent every sound in japanese which I believe is what you meant by "spells things out".

Katakana is used mostly for borrowed words from other countries.

Kanji is.. hell.

I stumbled with this video, thought it was worth sharing. (have no idea why that title but its awesome)

http://youtu.be/yNP07_PplZQ

get this using all my gems and playing in expert xd and I'm in the top 35000 so I can get a second one to idolize her

nozomi_zps173d5b09.jpg

Congratzz , im still 15k away from the quota but hopefully ill get there (cant pass a single expert and only have 1 SR)

Correct.

花陽 for Koizumi is read as Kayo too.

Chin is just the honorific I believe.

Also Hiragana are the ones that represent every sound in japanese which I believe is what you meant by "spells things out".

Katakana is used mostly for borrowed words from other countries.

Kanji is.. hell.

Somehow missed this. I guess when I said "spell it out" I was imagining katakana spelling our language, so I was still right, just not in the same sense or depth. Is self-learning Japanese even feasible? And is it better to learn writing before speaking, concurrently, etc?

FINALLLLYYYYY

E4cB7Hf.png

I nearly had tears of joy!

The only disappointment was that it's not the Pure, since it if were, I would have every Pure idolized :(

Somehow missed this. I guess when I said "spell it out" I was imagining katakana spelling our language, so I was still right, just not in the same sense or depth. Is self-learning Japanese even feasible? And is it better to learn writing before speaking, concurrently, etc?

It's feasable, I'm learning, slowly but I am.

And it all depends on what you want to use japanese for. I want to use it to read, therefore i'm mostly practicing reading/writing.

And honestly I feel like this helps more in understanding japanese overall because you also learn the sounds whereas if you only practiced speaking you wouldn't be able to understand the written part of it.

What would one need with over 11k love gems at one time!? 

I'm at 9936 event points right now and still will be using that love gem refill tonight to get the 30 clears on the daily song, so I'll end tonight with ~10.8k before I go to sleep. I'm getting close to that Nico!

mistaken ~ thats over 114k love gems =w=

FINALLLLYYYYY

E4cB7Hf.png

I nearly had tears of joy!

The only disappointment was that it's not the Pure, since it if were, I would have every Pure idolized :(

Lolz,i only had every pure idolized =w=

Out of topic :

Hiragana r for pronunciation of japanese words

Katakana r for ptonunciation of non-japanese words, mainly for english etc,

maybe make its help japanese easier to rem how to pronouce by their own way, but always weird pronunciation compaired with original pronunciation XD

Kanji r 漢字,means those word writing in chinese style than in Hiragana. Still read in hiragana.

Japanese r easier to learn, especially for chinese, u want use as normal daily talks,there are way easy.

But if u need get more about grammer etc, u may face very hard... since japanese too complicated, even many japanese literateur could not handle well... because they create too much weird in the past to let japanese language seems hard. 

p/s:

I'm not really learn japanese till today, but at least i can know many of meaning of japanese language, i'm learn by watched over 600++ anime and my brain remember by not forcing to learn.

If i can remember 50 pronounce, i can read japanese easily, since can simulation the voice =w=

For more than that, especially write in properly way or talk in properly way, may really take a challange. 

If it means anything I self learned japanese off the internet before going to take actual classes to seem smarter than everyone in my classes help with solidifying some of what I learned as well as having a professor to ask questions that I couldn't answer using the internet. 

I don't need to be able to talk, I just want to be able to get a general idea of what is being said in anime if watching raw, and be able to get through VNs without it being translated (doesn't matter if I'm looking stuff up, just enough so I can get through it at bare minimum). I don't know if I have enough personal dedication to learning the language. I really want to, but I never follow through on long term plans.

I mean, listening to Love Live music and understanding the lyrics would be pretty awesome to say the least.