g senjou no maou questions(spoilers prolly)

lm009

Just finished this, but I have two questions

(1) Is the point where Haru says Kyousuke is Maou after Tsubaki's brother's kidnapping just an inconsistency? From what we were given, I know Kyousuke's headaches and vanishing at certain points were meant to sort of misdirect the reader and certainly very suspicious at the time but Maou(Kyohei) showed up in front of Haru during the bombing that killed her mother. Since she and Kyousuke were more or less the same age I assume give or take a few years max, that makes it pretty much impossible Kyousuke is Maou since Maou had to have at leas been a young adult at the time.

(2) For Tsubaki, Kanon, and Mizuha routes is Kyousuke considered to be Maou after all? Not 100% sure about this one but for Kanon's route I recall Maou does tell the Sannou guy something about finding love.

This is why I hated the route format in G-senjou, it's way too convinient and clearly wants you to play it in a certain order for it to make perfect sense.

1 - I believe Haru was just "teasing" him to see if he'd do anything suspicious, I doubt she was actually 100% sure he was Maou and so she wanted to test every possibility. I don't think at the bombing site Haru was consious enough to know Maou's stature and age. But once again, plot holes everywhere, you're not suposed to know what happened to Haru until her route so you could say it might be an incosistency.

2 - No I don't think so, Maou just kind of fades in the background conviniently in every other route besides Haru's because you're not supposed to know he's actually Kyohei so you can kind of assume it's Kyousuke's split personality disorder getting cured in every girl's route. At least this is what I believe their intention was. I think the Yakuza just keep searching for him after every route but the story doesn't address that and Haru just goes away because there's no sign of Maou being around anymore.

This was my only gripe with G-senjou, all the paths except Haru's has you believe that the MC is the antagonist as well as the protaganist. Yet the true route suddenly introduces his older brother as the antagonist. It really annoyed me as by reading Haru's route you come to understand Maou's motives and the big riot and ensuing occupation begins. Considering Kyohei doesn't really appear in the other routes, there should be nothing to change his plans yet he suddenly vanishes and sets it all aside because his younger brother (whom he hates) found love or something? I'd call it poor writing but it is clearly intended that we believe Kyousuke is Maou in all but Haru's route. I can only reconcile that Haru's route is it's own story seperate from the other heroines. Having a hard time wording my irritation and speculations but  just so you know, it annoyed me too. XD

I believe the author said in an interview that in the side routes (and only the side routes) it is canon that Kyousuke is Maou. It's a bit unintuitive but you have to think of the routes as completely different realities, and not just different possibilities of the same reality. It's also not the only inconsistency. Yuki behaves very differently in the Mizuha route. I guess the assumption there is that since Kyohei isn't Maou in that route, he never recruited Yuki to his cause.

As for the Haru thing, there are a few factors. Like nosebleed said, she was mostly out of it during the bombing. But also, at the time she first threw accusations at Kyousuke, she probably wasn't 100% sure if it was even the same Maou. Or if Kyousuke is being fully honest about his age. So yeah, just trying to be comprehensive. During her route, she admits that she stopped suspecting him a while back and was just teasing him after a while, doesn't she?

Hmm alright thanks for the answers guys. Btw about the point of Haru being disoriented at the time of the bombing, if Kyousuke was Maou at the time, that means a a kid of roughly the same age pulled off the bombing no? This sorta makes no sense to me even if they're all little geniuses. I guess anything goes in the realm of fiction though.

Sharin no Kuni is a bit different... for one thing, the plot's conflict is resolved no matter which heroine your choose.  For another, it makes sense regardless of which one you choose. 

Another game that uses G-senjou's structure and is even more inconsistent is Aiyoku no Eustia *Clephas unleashes hate-beams at Eustia*. (worst true heroine ever)

Hmm alright thanks for the answers guys. Btw about the point of Haru being disoriented at the time of the bombing, if Kyousuke was Maou at the time, that means a a kid of roughly the same age pulled off the bombing no? This sorta makes no sense to me even if they're all little geniuses. I guess anything goes in the realm of fiction though.

You can probably assume that the bombing never happened if you entered any of the other routes. You basically have to make a lot of big assumptions in order to go along with what the creators intended. Honestly, this is why I recommend people skip the side routes. Not only are they kind of short and underwhelming, but they make the game's structure convoluted. You miss out on the red herrings misleading you, but I think you'd get enough of that going straight through to the Haru route the first time.

Sharin no Kuni is a bit different... for one thing, the plot's conflict is resolved no matter which heroine your choose.  For another, it makes sense regardless of which one you choose. 

Another game that uses G-senjou's structure and is even more inconsistent is Aiyoku no Eustia *Clephas unleashes hate-beams at Eustia*. (worst true heroine ever)

well was saying similar in the aspects of dealing with one girl in each chapter just that the route wont branch off and choosing that particular girl wont change anything cept a few more scenes with her and the epilogue.

and Aikyou is that bad? thought that game had a good reputation or is it just the true route ;d

You don'tknow about the bombing until Haru's route though so you're supposed to think Maou is Kyousuke in all other routes since they don't tell you Haru's backstory in them and they keep teasing it's Kyousuke.

You don'tknow about the bombing until Haru's route though so you're supposed to think Maou is Kyousuke in all other routes since they don't tell you Haru's backstory in them and they keep teasing it's Kyousuke.

The really big problem with that, though, is that we know Maou killed Haru's mother early on.  And no matter how you try to add things up, there's no real support for Kyousuke ever having had an opportunity to do that.  The plot is just such a mess.  :( 

The really big problem with that, though, is that we know Maou killed Haru's mother early on.  And no matter how you try to add things up, there's no real support for Kyousuke ever having had an opportunity to do that.  The plot is just such a mess.  :(

It was such a mess that continuing on with the other routes seemed the most peaceful for me. Lol It became too vivid.

The plot for G-Senjou has a lot of holes but I really really think the lack of consistency made it great for adding the suspense. For a very long time in reading the VN, I actually thought Kyouuske was Maou! I got my first hint that they were seperate people when it went back In Usami's backstory. My main, if not only, problem with G-Senjou was that it was so obvious that Usami Haru's route was the "main" route and the lack of detail all the other routes got. This wasn't a real problem for me because I really, really liked Usami Haru but lack of detail on other routes really make me wish there was some sort of other implementation for all the other routes.

The plot for G-Senjou has a lot of holes but I really really think the lack of consistency made it great for adding the suspense. For a very long time in reading the VN, I actually thought Kyouuske was Maou! I got my first hint that they were seperate people when it went back In Usami's backstory. My main, if not only, problem with G-Senjou was that it was so obvious that Usami Haru's route was the "main" route and the lack of detail all the other routes got. This wasn't a real problem for me because I really, really liked Usami Haru but lack of detail on other routes really make me wish there was some sort of other implementation for all the other routes.

You have a good point. I realised after I chose tsubaki that the story to a very lazy turn. It's a shame there was not enough in the other routes.