Cocoro@Function! Stream with Mephisto & OriginalRen Official Thread!

OriginalRen

Second, would anyone be interested in getting a custom signature/badge for their actual signature which represents you as an official part of the Cocoro@Function stream group? It could say something like "Official Cocoro@Function something or other" or even go the route of saying "I survived the Cocoro@Function" which would indicate you helped finish the stream. These are just ideas, or we can post a badge of our favorite girls...I don't know. Basically, I wanted to keep it to the signatures in case you want to have a different avatar sometime in the future. Just a thought, give me ideas if interested.

I like the idea. I might mess around with something in photoshop later.

By the way, I acquired the c@f ost recently.

Really? Where from? I haven't been able to find it.

^I was about to tell you to google it, and I swear I was able to find it through search yesterday, possibly using the japanese title. Not so much today... apparently I fail'd and didn't search on nyaa instead of sukebei, and this google result was a bit... hard to decipher with the goddamn Korean: 8yPQJ.png

コンプリートサウンドトラック seems pretty clear. If you can read the moon alphabet, that is :P

...however, that actually isn't the link I found earlier. I got a lossless version, and I found it by using nyaa's search field and entering ココロ@ファンクション.

Link: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=549299

With a bit of extra work, I got the lossless version to turn up on google as well; ココロ@ファンクション!コンプリー (apparently the name of the OST release) gets it on the third result.

Day 7 Recap - Enter C@F: Ver. Navigator

You know the drill: another stream, another recap. Here is what we learned from day 7. No new characters, but a couple more facts regarding the application Cocoro Function as well as some pertinent information regarding Bell.

Additional information about Cocoro@Function:

1. As we all know, Taiyou's C@F application pertains to his thoughts being read by those around him via a mode called Open Window. Sei is another holder of Cocoro@Function, though instead of having her thoughts read, she has the ability to find solutions to almost any problem.

Enter Navigator.

In Sei's case, this application simply does as the name states: it "navigates" a path to any solution that the user seeks. In the VN, this often times leads to problem as the program itself doesn't know how to distinguish between what activity is illegal or not. In one instance, in order to get rid of the application, it goes as far as to destroy all of Haru's data in the school. Rough.

Additional information about Orcas:

1. In addition to many of Bell's unique features, she also houses what is known as Manner Mode. In this mode, Bell can stealth herself around others while still functioning as the new 3D model update she is. Basically, it functions as a sort of silent mode for phones.

That's about it for day 7. Nothing too special, but a lot of character development happened in this stream, so feel free to check out the videos regarding it in the channel.

AkbR1CK.png

Day 8 Recap - It Belongs in a Museum

A double recap post! Again, no new characters, but a whole lot of action in this stream. KizunaS secret meetings, Haru being deleted, panty shots, what more could you want? What could possibly be more important than seeing girl's panties anyway? On a serious note, a lot of stuff happened regarding the background of MIA's hacking skills. She has built a lot of applications that are pretty sketch, but for the most part work in her favor. Later in the VN, it will interesting to see if she has more tricks up her sleeve.

Additional information about Orcas:

1. MIA Application #1 - Aegis

Aegis, as is similar to the greek name, acts as a shield that protects the owner from being hacked into or spied on by other Orca users. Think of it as an anti-virus software. In MIA's case, she uses this application when Sei is spying on her conversation in KizunaS. While it can't pinpoint who exactly is doing the hacking, it can find the general location of the person (in this case the school), as well as how long they have been doing the activity in question.

2. MIA Application #2 - Trident

Trident is an all-in trump card. Basically, it deletes all known forms of data regarding the user in KizunaS. In MIA's case, she uses this to completely destroy all data regarding her avatar or time in the program over her entire lifetime. A little over the top, but still useful if you want to hide everything about yourself. Still, it is not stated as to whether this application is able to be used outside of KizunaS, so we don't know if it has any other uses aside from this.

3. MIA Application #3 - Thor's Hammer

Thor's Hammer is a unique application. I am not really sure what this one does, but apparently when MIA activates it, it has the ability to break into any system (in this case the protective shield surrounding Haru). It seems to be more powerful than Asagao's Application Z though, so this shows that MIA has superior application creation skills when it comes to breaking into secure areas. Interesting.

4. In addition to the secret stash of MIA applications, another one of Asagao's applications was revealed in the Day 8 stream. While there isn't really a name for it, it's main purpose is to stop the deletion of data on Haru when the incident is occurring. Apparently, you "shake" your Orca at the computer and it stops the deletion process. Seriously, that's all.

Additional information about the world:

1. Haru, like most high end data storage devices, contains a security system that acts a lot like a booby trap from Indiana Jones. Apparently, compromising the mother computer makes her delete all her data as a final "take you down with me" ploy. Nothing really special about this point, but that may play a role later in the VN.

And that's it for day 8. Hope you guy's enjoy the recaps, as well as the videos being posted for each stream. See you next time!

...Oh, and also, a little special treat:

fFfaI99.jpg

Aegis is like a normally functioning anti-virus protection software, and it detected the presence of someone else connected to the server. 

Trident is something that is used to erase data. MIA uses it to delete the data she has stored on the KIZUNAS server. 

The program wasn't actually called "thor's hammer", for some reason she just said that while using it. Apparently it is some powerful tool that Mia uses to break in to anything (doesn't like using it often though, pretty flashy and easy to track probably)

The reason Program Z didn't work is because you need to be connected to the internet to use it, and they had no internet connection. 

Manner mode is apparently the japanese version of "silent mode". It's the same as putting your phone in to silent mode, so it doesn't vibrate or go off and stuff. This prevents bell from being heard/seen by others for some reason, except for people with access to her. (Taiyou and Mia's guest status).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4bUgXWdNfM

Just going to leave this here.

English Lesson 101 from Sensei Ren:

As Flutterz states, "aegis" in its current modern form is pronounced as his video shows, with an IPA of /ithinsp.pngdʒɪs/ for both British and American English. The issue that arises here is that this sound has changed as a vowel in the past and has through many different forms. Let's take a look:

First, the vowel itself is that of /æ/, which in its original form was pronounced as the words cat and bat (/kæt/ and /bæt/ respectively in the IPA). It is an open, front vowel. As shown in the English IPA chart, /æ/ is indeed listed and is pronounced as such. This is also why there are 2 forms of the word can in English, both a weak and strong form.

For example:

"Can he swim?" - In this example, the weak form is used. /kən/

"Yes he can." - In this example, the strong form (the one you are familiar with) is used. /kæn/

This being said, those 2 words in each of those sentences are pronounced differently, something even native speakers have trouble doing. The same is true for the weak and strong forms of the word was. In this case, weak form is /wəz/ as is similar to can, where the strong form is /wʌz/.

"Was the film good?"

"Yes it was."

With all this said, the "official" pronunciation would be of that in cat or bat for the word aegis, however modern pronunciation has changed that.

In the original roman alphabet the combination of /æ/ exists, where in Latin this is represented by the dipthong /aɪ/. As such, aegis in Latin would be pronounced as the word eyeball. The Greeks wrote out this same dipthong from Latin as /αι/. As such, the Romans simply "borrowed" words from the Greek with that letter pair but changed them into a letter pair that existed similarly in their own language.

This being said, the English did the exact same. This is why the /æ/ still exists in English words such as encyclopaedia in order to indicate the word is of Greek origin originally, but came into the English language via Latin. In American English however, we no longer use this combination of letters and as such our word, encyclopedia exist.

As in the American English version of encyclopedia, the word aegis is pronounced as Flutterz shows in the word bee or key. This is also why aegis can be spelt as "egis" in order to show that English is dropping the /æ/ combination.

Therefore, it is correct to both pronounce the word aegis in its original form as in the word cat, or its modern form as in the word bee. That is all.

ipa_chart.jpg?w=300&h=219

And that my friends, is another English Lesson 101 by Sensei Ren. Don't worry, I don't teach my students this lesson, however understanding there are many ways to pronounce it is helpful.

Also:

Hey Cocoro@Function! stream followers!

As you are all aware, Mephisto and I are currently working our way down 1 of the girl's routes in the game (we assume it will be Hijiri), and it seems a lot of you would possibly be interested in doing a fan route after the game is finished. We have agreed to do this, so as such it's about time we make a poll for everyone on which girl you are interested in seeing a route for.

Everyone is allowed to vote, even if you are not a follower of the stream. I will post a separate poll for this later so keep your eyes peeled.

Gentlemen...(possibly ladies...)

pzFSjko.jpg

Tonight, 7:00pm CST

This is a friendly reminder from yours truly, OriginalRen. Tonight at 7:00pm CST, we are streaming. I know you've all missed MIA, the Imouto, and Aaaaa-chan, so let's make it a special night...for science. See you all there!

ss+%282013-10-31+at+10.25.21%29.jpg