Spring 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

It DEFINITELY lacks Kotori screentime. In fact Kotori barely does anything other than talk to shidou through that ear piece from time to time.

That's a major downgrade for me. Because Kotori best girl <3

But that's a personal opinion :P

Aside from that, the things it lacks most is, like I said, the girl conquering aspect, it just kind of lost itself trying to build up this subplot with a villain and a masterplan and that's really not what DAL is good at in my opinion.

DAL tries to joke with archtypes and the galgame scene and it does it well, but then sometimes it tries to get too serious and that doesn't sit well with me for a show of that type.

Season 2's other flaw is the short amount of episodes causes everything to become more compact so don't expect a perfect pacing. There's definitely no filler.

You don't need to watch the OVA. The OVA is just fanservice really but nothing wrong with that.

You get to see Origami in a school swimsuit and stuff.

I agree with this a lot. Kotori is easily best girl (for me) in DAL. I'm personally also sick of the jealous Tohka, despise Miku, and not the biggest fan of Kurum. My favorite scene so far in this season was when Shido was giving his speech to the Yamai twins around the end of their arc.

I'm actually sick of like most of the things I'm watching. At this point, I'm just looking forward to Love Live, Black Bullet, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka, and Baby Steps. Mekakucity Actors is hit and miss, but I at least look forward to it each week. Still sad how Kagarou Days song felt ruined.

Sole reason i like Kurumi is because i'm an M and i kind of wished she'd go S on me.

However Kotori is an S too and a tsundere S imouto at that. That's just too much, she's perfect.

I hype Love Live so much.

I watch it raw as soon as it's available and then watch it with subs again just for the sake of making sure i understand every bit.

Sole reason i like Kurumi is because i'm an M and i kind of wished she'd go S on me.

However Kotori is an S too and a tsundere S imouto at that. That's just too much, she's perfect.

I hype Love Live so much.

I watch it raw as soon as it's available and then watch it with subs again just for the sake of making sure i understand every bit.

Love Live is officially in my top five yo. So damn good.

Idk what happened with me and Love Live. I remembered thoroughly enjoying season 1, but season 2 doesn't seem to click with me. I put it on hold after episode 5 since I was having a hard time keeping up with it weekly. I'm not sure if it's just being handled differently or if my tastes have just changed since then. I want to say it's the latter since I haven't come across anyone else who has liked first season, but not second.

Idk what happened with me and Love Live. I remembered thoroughly enjoying season 1, but season 2 doesn't seem to click with me. I put it on hold after episode 5 since I was having a hard time keeping up with it weekly. I'm not sure if it's just being handled differently or if my tastes have just changed since then. I want to say it's the latter since I haven't come across anyone else who has liked first season, but not second.

This is a first for me for sure, but everyone has opinions. Season 2 is easily different than the first though because relationships between the idols are already formed, unlike the first.

I have a huge problem with Isshuukan Friends and that is the protagonist.

The protagonist is so naive, helpless and can't do anything by himself without letting his emotions completely drive him.

I just can't cheer for him when he behaves like an immature kid.

Especially in this latest episode, instead of trying to figure out what went on he just cried and then at the end tried to be all manly despite the smartest thing he could have done would have been to discuss what happened in the past with Kujo, but nope, again his emotions blind him way too much.

Isshuukan Friends was in my top 5 when it started and now it is no longer. The protagonist just downgraded the series for me.

I'm sorry I can't stand him. I would have been fine if he had developed through out the series but he hasn't, he's still the same pretty much.

All the other characters are pretty good for the most part though. Particularly Shougo and Saki.

Shougo X Saki best pair.

You certainly won't be disappointed then.

I just disliked the CGI they used in the beginning of Ayano's story. They weren't very top quality and kind of took away the feels.

Next episode is Souzou forest. Marry's arc~

Expecting Kana fanboys to fill my news feed then :/

Finished the last episode of Black Bullet.

Well, that was to be expected. I'm liking where the series is going, it'd be awesome if Satomi eventually ended up like Kagetane- we all know it's not going to happen, though. A pity.

Am I the only one who hated the recent episode of "One Week Friends"? It wasn't able to hold my interest nor make me smile like the others.

Nope. I'm with you on that one.

The story is just going on ridiculous levels of cliché now. And what makes it worse is the protagonist.

The story is just going on ridiculous levels of cliché now. And what makes it worse is the protagonist.

Read the manga.

I haven't seen the anime but the manga is a lovely romance book with some comedy and light drama.

Yeah, I completely agree. The story really is becoming more and more cliche. Lol, hope next week is better.

Also, I'm getting sick of the plot going in circles. I understand why it is due to the core of the story, but yikes dude.

Read the manga.

I haven't seen the anime but the manga is a lovely romance book with some comedy and light drama.

I might.

Just tell me one thing.

Is the protagonist the exact same or does he actually develop decently and stops being an immature helpless kid at some point?

My problem is not really the story's cliché (at least the anime's story). Clichés can be forgiven. It's just the protagonist reallyyyy pisses me off.

Yeah, I completely agree. The story really is becoming more and more cliche. Lol, hope next week is better.

Also, I'm getting sick of the plot going in circles. I understand why it is due to the core of the story, but yikes dude.

At one point it kind of felt they absolutely forgot about the whole "resetting memories" part of the story and just turned it into your average love comedy.

Though that disappeard now thankfully.

I might.

Just tell me one thing.

Is the protagonist the exact same or does he actually develop decently and stops being an immature helpless kid at some point?

My problem is not really the story's cliché (at least the anime's story). Clichés can be forgiven. It's just the protagonist reallyyyy pisses me off.

At one point it kind of felt they absolutely forgot about the whole "resetting memories" part of the story and just turned it into your average love comedy.

Though that disappeard now thankfully.

Yeah, it did seem that way. I'm fine with a love story if its done in an interesting way, but the plot keeps going in circles.. (like the recent two episodes). I don't know, but it is slowly getting old.

I must be the minority here, but I strongly dislike NGNL. The story, characters and even OP doesn't draw me in. Its rated extremely high on MaL though o_O. I wonder if it will go down like SAO did?

Nothing at all draws you in? That's surprising.

For me it's pretty much everything about it that makes me like it. Particularly the setting and the characters.

I've enjoyed NGNL since the start, but it wasn't until episode 7 that I became horribly engrossed in the experience. It's likely due to this thing I have for philosophy. Despite all the previous works I've read that have some kind of philosophical theme, the one that Sora had on humanity was something I've never had the chance to come across. There have been stories in the past that have covered this particular theme, but they've never been delved into this explicitly and I've yet to see this idea covered so accurately. It adds an unbelievable amount of depth to Sora's character and to the writing of this series in general. I can't help but applaud the original writer for his genius, and I'll definitely credit Madhouse for adapting the story as well as they have (especially with how well they managed to maintain the story's thematic depth). That episode also put Sora at the top of my list of favorites this season. Since the season started, he's been sitting at 3rd with Kaori and Tensai as my top 2, but that philosophy.

Actually, now that I think about it, Sora kinda somewhat reminds me of Kumagawa from Medaka Box.

http://myanimelist.net/character/36753/Misogi_Kumagawa

Nothing at all draws you in? That's surprising.

For me it's pretty much everything about it that makes me like it. Particularly the setting and the characters.

Nope, it really doesn't. I wasn't a fan of "Problem Children" either. Maybe I just dislike the game approach in the anime itself? My guess at least.