Hello! Newbie reporting in.

exewon

Hmm, right not sure where to begin really. I guess the beginning would be a good part though :).

Just call me exewon, I love animation in general (both western and anime) Though I'm not an expert by any means, just an adult who still watches to much childrens cartoons for his own good. Up till now I've never even read or played. (which one is it?) a visual novel. until a few day's I didn't even realize they existed. But after a while my best bud, who really likes anime and type-moon stuff, introduced me to the format with fate stay night.. I'll be honest, I didn't really like it. It was kinda convuluted at times and a bit to dark for my tastes. Still the format did catch my eye.

I searched around a bit on the internet for visual novels being translated and ended up here! :) nice to meet ya'll!

So my first question would be, where can I go here for recomendations and stuff? I've been browsing through the site. But I just don't have a clue which ones are good. I'm a bit leery to start downloading a gig or more in some cases of a game I'm not sure if it's any good for me. My internet isn't the best on the world ^^;.

I guess that's it for an opening post :) hope you can help me out getting ajdusted to this place and see ya later!

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

You can get recommendations right here. :) If you're really into Type-moon stuff try Tsukihime. I'm guessing you've watched or at least heard of Clannad? So if you're into highschool romances and crying buckets try that and other Key stuff such as Little Busters, Kanon and Rewrite. Perhaps you've seen Higurashi or Umineko? For the former the VN is quite a bit better, for the latter the anime is (apparently) complete crap, unlike the VN which is brilliant. If you've seen the Steins;Gate anime then reading the VN won't be as great for youyou because you already know what happens, but it's a great read nonetheless. Speaking of which, if you like sci-fi-ish stuff, try Ever17 and the Muv-Luv trilogy. Have fun!

And have a moe:

n9ow.jpg

Welcome to fuwa enjoy your stay ^•^

Thank's! I'll be sure to.

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay~

Kaguya made a pretty awesome list of translated visual novels to read which I'm trying to complete myself. Here is the link.

Oh that list looks interesting enough to start with. Thanks a lot for pointing it out!

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

You can get recommendations right here. :) If you're really into Type-moon stuff try Tsukihime. I'm guessing you've watched or at least heard of Clannad? So if you're into highschool romances and crying buckets try that and other Key stuff such as Little Busters, Kanon and Rewrite. Perhaps you've seen Higurashi or Umineko? For the former the VN is quite a bit better, for the latter the anime is (apparently) complete crap, unlike the VN which is brilliant. If you've seen the Steins;Gate anime then reading the VN won't be as great for youyou because you already know what happens, but it's a great read nonetheless. Speaking of which, if you like sci-fi-ish stuff, try Ever17 and the Muv-Luv trilogy. Have fun!

And have a moe:

n9ow.jpg

Not really that much into type-moon, that's the terrain of my best bud. who pretty much has forced me too see all the anime on type moon already. High school stuff and cute little romance stories are more my cup of tea. I just like the adorableness that comes with it :). So I'll be sure to try out little busters and kanon and rewrite. Haven't seen or even heard of the other stories though. So I guess I got more material to work with!

That picture really is adorable, where do you gett all of those adorable pictures? You seem to put one in every welcome thread.

Hey Welcome.

If you want romance/drama oriented stories i'd recommend starting with Katawa Shoujo or Clannad

But you'll have to read Clannad at one point !

For mystery Steins;Gate is a very good starting point.

But yeah READ CLANNAD.

That picture really is adorable, where do you gett all of those adorable pictures? You seem to put one in every welcome thread.

*cough* 4chan *cough*

Hey Welcome.

If you want romance/drama oriented stories i'd recommend starting with Katawa Shoujo or Clannad

But you'll have to read Clannad at one point !

For mystery Steins;Gate is a very good starting point.

But yeah READ CLANNAD.

I'll have to check out clannad first then, since so many people mention it :).

Um, Is Rance Good I Vote a Big big Yes But! you got to really really stick with him to realize he's not all bad.

Things needed to enjoy any Rance game 

An Understanding that his view of woman is a little fucked. but then again everyone's view in that world is pretty much fucked as you learn if you play the other games,  He has a Rapist streak and yet usually he is only doing it because he feels it genuinely helps the woman Usually not always :P Only he can have woman He kills other men pretty much onsite if they piss him off but he will kill any man for sure who is about to due cruel things to woman. 

Realizes it has just as much or in some cases more story then sex and the lore actually flushes you in you somehow end up getting attached to all of the protagonist characters each game features. this hits home when there reoccurring ones.

There is No voices the first game came out in like 89 voices did not exist back then and Alice Soft just kept the series that way. One Exception being A Rance II Ova  

A love of Old style Rpg's And in Songoku's case srpg's 

In later games when the world is mostly flushed ou. he only act's like the jerk ass because he is unable to express his actual feelings. 

Um, Is Rance Good I Vote a Big big Yes But! you got to really really stick with him to realize he's not all bad.

Things needed to enjoy any Rance game 

An Understanding that his view of woman is a little fucked. but then again everyone's view in that world is pretty much fucked as you learn if you play the other games,  He has a Rapist streak and yet usually he is only doing it because he feels it genuinely helps the woman Usually not always :P Only he can have woman He kills other men pretty much onsite if they piss him off but he will kill any man for sure who is about to due cruel things to woman. 

Realizes it has just as much or in some cases more story then sex and the lore actually flushes you in you somehow end up getting attached to all of the protagonist characters each game features. this hits home when there reoccurring ones.

There is No voices the first game came out in like 89 voices did not exist back then and Alice Soft just kept the series that way. One Exception being A Rance II Ova  

A love of Old style Rpg's And in Songoku's case srpg's 

In later games when the world is mostly flushed ou. he only act's like the jerk ass because he is unable to express his actual feelings. 

that was so beautiful

a4x7yu.jpg

High school stuff and cute little romance stories are more my cup of tea. I just like the adorableness that comes with it :).

Amen to that.  You have impeccable taste and are probably a darn nice person, too. :)

I think you should take a look at:

Mirai no Kimi to Subete no Uta ni

Shuffle

Yoake-Mae Yori Ruri-iro Na