What is yout favorite VN ?

per08

LB was quite good, as far as Fate/Stay Night it varies by route, Fate I felt was ok but weak, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel were nothing short of amazing.

Heaven's Feel is probably my favorite route in a VN, the amount of happiness I get when I hear anything Little Busters related is unmatched though.

Well G-Senjou no maou,Clannad and FSN are my favorite ones, also I could add Tsukihime and cross channel since I loved all about them and they gave me a feeling I couldn't shake off in a while, each in their own way, but it's so hard to decide...

• 4 months later...

My favourite Visual Novel to this day is Grisaia no Kajitsu. Well... I say this, but there was a whole bit I skipped, about half of Angelic Howl...

I've also never done the bad endings, but who needs those anyways? 

As for why, it'd be for the standard reasons.

Characters are awesome:

It starts off great, with a superb protagonist. 

Yuuji keeps a straight face in the middle of all the shenanigans. He kicks anyone's arse in combat. He has a dark past. And he resolves situations in the most mind-boggingly roundabout way possible.

"This girl want's to die? I know how to fix her problem! Bury her."

"This girl unconditionally obeys all orders as if they were her own wishes? Have her blow up her home! That'll do the trick"

Furthermore, his view of the world is so distorted that the way he interprets an ordinary situation can both teach you something or make your drop jaw at how he reached that conclusion. Because his thoughts are all explained. He uses logic to come up with his solutions, and we can see his logic process until he gets to the conclusion. And this is all hilarious as well.

Michiru is a girl I really like. That comic relief character, who's also there mostly for slapstick humor. How can one not love her?

"She's too annoying!" *gets shot*

It's also really nice to see her interact with other characters. Sachi and her have a really nice dynamic.  Fake Tsundere vs real Tsundere also has great potential. Makina works with all the characters, since it's usually one sided insults and Amane tries to act as the straight man, but that doesn't really work when she herself is twisted.

Sachi is a cutie-pie who manages to make the most hilarious comments. Her humor is usually connected to her being overly dedicated to fulfilling all requests, lacking common sense and keeping a straight face while saying absurd things. 

Makina is a brat with no common sense. Spoiled would also be a fitting word. She does what she wants and says what she wants with no regards for the others. A huge pervert, or at least tries to come off as one, Amane and Yuuji usually put her in her place.

Amane tries to come off as a big sister type, the reliable and "normal" woman in the academy. She might not know it herself, but we quickly notice that she isn't too good on the common sense department, either.

Finally there's Yumiko. A woman with common sense, but sees no need for it. She does what she wants and she isn't particularly interested in getting along with the other members of the academy. Not that she's incapable of doing so, mind you.

Warning, her route breaks her "main character". From the moment you enter her route, she switches to Yumiko2. It's a different personality based on her original one, but without the common sense and maturity.

Routes are awesome:

I can't really comment on this, because any piece of paper with "good story" written on it will pass as a masterpiece through my incapable eyes, but I can almost guarantee a few things:

-You'll either love or hate the common route. This is because of how long and comedy focused it is.

-You'll love at least 2 routes. The other 3 will vary, but you won't really be able to say that any of them is garbage to be fed to the pigs.

It' pretty hard for me to pin down which one is my favorite. But I do have a few that are on the top of my list.

Little Busters!, Grisaia no Kajitsu, Steins;Gate, F/SN, ef A Fairy Tale of the Two.

These VN's have great stories, & I really like the plot twists and emotional impact on some of them. As for art and music, a few of them have amazing art/music that left quite an impact on me.

Well, I've read several more VNs since the last time I posted here.  G-senjou no Maou has won the title of my favorite VN, with Grisaia no Kajitsu just behind it and Fate/stay night moving from first to third.  G-senjou is my favorite because of the emotional impact of the true route, as well as the intricate cat-and-mouse games and the number of twists that were usually quite hard to see coming.  I'd never had a VN affect me emotionally the way G-senjou did, and I'm not sure if another one will again.

I'm extremely passionate about this particular Visual Novel, as many have probably seen from my behavior here along with looking all over my profile and avatar, etc.

Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~ is seriously just that great in my eyes. I've managed to fully read SubaHibi about 4 times over, and each time it has gotten that much greater. I can read practically any given part of the VN at this point and do nothing but smile in utter satisfaction because of how genius everything in it is. But of course the main reason is that it clicks with a lot of my personal values and ideals. I honestly can't say anymore than this, but SubaHibi is a definite favorite of mine even for years to come.

Who knows how many times I've actually expressed these thoughts here already. xD