Hey there

redsaber5859

So I have no clue where to go from here, I found a vn forum and decided to register to learn about some vns that I might not find while googling and to hear peoples opinions on them in a more personal way.

So anyways, I've only played Katawa Shoujo and loved it, but have been struggling to find a non-fantasy and non-scifi VN ever since.

I've looked into the fantasy and sci-fi ones, and was recommended Muv-Luv so I'm tyring it out, but I'd really love to find a more realistic and non-scifi and non-fantasy one through this community.

So yea, hey everyone! Redsaber here

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay. You play Grisaia no Kajitsu? That's a pretty good one. Also If My Heart had Wings is alright as well. They should be good for you.

Just checked out the site for IMHHW, seems like it'd be a nice one to try out! Downloading as I speak :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Welcome to the forums.

You might want to try Clannad if you want a realistic non sci-fi novel. There's a slight fantasy element but it's not nearly as present as everything else. But that's Key for you.

Enjoy your stay here.

I saw something about Key when doing some research on vns earlier today, is it a dev who happens to make a certain type of vn?

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

There are quite a few non-sci-fi and non-fantasy VNs out there: G-Senjou no Maou, Grisaia no Kajitsu, Sharin no Kuni (this is technically fantasy as it takes place in a different world, but it doesn't have magic or anything of the sort), Narcissu, World End Economica(slightly sci-fi, but only in that it takes place on a lunar colony), Deardrops, KiraKira, Kana Imouto, all of which I've read and would recommend. :)

Have a moe:

ieI1YLi.jpg

Edit:

I saw something about Key when doing some research on vns earlier today, is it a dev who happens to make a certain type of vn?

Yep, they mostly make slice-of-life nakige(VNs that make you cry), often with a slight fantasy element and are good at what they do.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

There are quite a few non-sci-fi and non-fantasy VNs out there: G-Senjou no Maou, Grisaia no Kajitsu, Sharin no Kuni (this is technically fantasy as it takes place in a different world, but it doesn't have magic or anything of the sort), Narcissu, World End Economica(slightly sci-fi, but only in that it takes place on a lunar colony), Deardrops, KiraKira, Kana Imouto, all of which I've read and would recommend. :)

Have a moe:

ieI1YLi.jpg

Edit: Yep, they mostly make slice-of-life nakige(VNs that make you cry), often with a slight fantasy element and are good at what they do.

Welcome to fuwanovel!

If you're searching for not to fantasy-ish fantasy or sci-fi you kind of search for the same things as I do. Feel free to take a look at my VNDB link, (it has some untranslated titles, but hardly any sci-fi / very fantasy).

Enjoy your stay.

Pardon if I may ask, what is a moe? Sorry not used to 99.9% of anything related to VN or Japanese culture yet :P

Thanks for the suggestions though! I'll definitely check them out and all, I see that you've rated Grisaia no Kajitsu highly, I'll try that one out after IMHHW!

Pardon if I may ask, what is a moe? Sorry not used to 99.9% of anything related to VN or Japanese culture yet :P

Thanks for the suggestions though! I'll definitely check them out and all, I see that you've rated Grisaia no Kajitsu highly, I'll try that one out after IMHHW!

It's a hard word to define properly, but basically it's anything cute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_(slang)

Welcome to the forum! I can't really remember any other visual novel, aside from the ones already mentioned, that doesn't have fantasy or things like that, maybe Canvas 2, Hinatabokko,  Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, and Yuume miru kusuri. I hope you enjoy playing IMHHW, it was really good.
Enjoy your stay and have fun!

Hello, and welcome. If you'd like something nice and twisty turny in terms of plot, G-senjou no Maou is probably a good place to start. If you'd like something with a slight fantastical edge, Shinigami no kiss wa wakare no aiji's pretty good. Be patient with it, as there is only one choice, but you get another route if you finish the other two, so bear with it. Also, have a loli. Look that term up yourself, not explaining it here.

No, it's not pedophilia. Really.

IncomingLoli.jpg