Shin Koihime Musou Translation Project

MKDude

On a unrelated note if all the menu items are picture text and what not I can more then likely help translate a few of them seeing as there is alot of menu text items that are universal in japanese games so I understand what a few of them mean.

Update on the ingame menu graphic, Load and Save buttons have been converted and now i'm working on auto, skip, log, voice, and system buttons, will get them done today, so today the ingame menu will be done. After that will be left be the back button (which won't take much time) and the title screen menu options, I've covered most except what it seems like are 3 extra option, which are not shown by default by may be shown after a route is finished later, I can post it's pic so you all can help in getting those done, after that only the system menu will be left, which i'll work on after doing all of these,

While I personally agree, I'd have to ask someone to do some scouting to find more people to help. I'll see how much of the Manga Gamer staff they can "loan" to help out, if any. Part of the reason why they were interested in this project is because they wouldn't have to dedicate all of their time and resources.

If they can loan us some that would be really good, cause it will speed up the progress rate of the project. 

About quality checking and beta testing, I can also help in that.

Update : 

Ingame graphic menu buttons are now converted.

Edited by Pran

I HAVE AN UPDATE FROM MANGA GAMER

When we have enough progress completed, they will start negotiating with BaseSon to do the technical work.

"It'll take some time for the negotiation and BaseSon to open up a schedule to do this too.
Please let me know if there are major updates and translation is nearing completion,
because it's hard to negotiate something when you don't know when it'll be done."

While that means we need to do translations, I think this means BaseSon will handle the irritating technical stuff. So we are back to translators being our top priority. 

For the viewers reading this and are hesitant to join: Manga Gamer IS supporting us and is actively working with us to get this officially released. We just need to make enough progress for them to be able to open up negotiations.

Now that's a really good news :D

Thanks a lot MKDude for this :)

I've speed up my graphic editing also, MessageWindow & NovelDialog_000 are now converted, starting my work on PatTitle_000

I HAVE AN UPDATE FROM MANGA GAMER

When we have enough progress completed, they will start negotiating with BaseSon to do the technical work.

"It'll take some time for the negotiation and BaseSon to open up a schedule to do this too.
Please let me know if there are major updates and translation is nearing completion,
because it's hard to negotiate something when you don't know when it'll be done."

While that means we need to do translations, I think this means BaseSon will handle the irritating technical stuff. So we are back to translators being our top priority. 

For the viewers reading this and are hesitant to join: Manga Gamer IS supporting us and is actively working with us to get this officially released. We just need to make enough progress for them to be able to open up negotiations.

This is great news, I'm ready to go whenever we have enough translated in the actual game for QA and such. I would say editing also, but I think it's better to worry about that when it's in game and see what it looks like there before editing the dialog to suit needs.

Ok now I need some help with some translation, the image is below

kyfk.png

If I'm wrong with the translation please do correct me, for the music which is better first or second do tell me :)

and the 3 who I cannot translate are also, will be waiting for the translation.

Based on my limited Japanese literacy I can only say the "settings" and "quit game" selections are correct. As for the music translation between the two I'd just say go with "music" as "peerless music" just sounds strange.

I'd like to help, but the only help I can offer is looking over the in game translation for typoes or spacing problems

I'd like to help, but the only help I can offer is looking over the in game translation for typoes or spacing problems

This is a big game, over 6mb's of text so I'm sure more then the 2 we have will be needed to check over text. MKDude will have to be the final judge on how many will will need once we get to that point though.

This is a big game, over 6mb's of text so I'm sure more then the 2 we have will be needed to check over text. MKDude will have to be the final judge on how many will will need once we get to that point though.

I think it would be best to have one per path, and add more to each path if they volunteer. There are a lot of character stories to play through.

Hi, about the menu, the reason it may  be causing you trouble is that it's not a normal menu--several of the items contain puns that relate to the game, I think (I've only seen the anime, not played the games)

So, you had better click on them to make sure they do what you think they do.

saishou kara hajimeru - this one is simple, just "Start New Game"

tochuu kara hajimeru - start from along the way, in other words, "Continue Game"

ouensha retsuden - ouensha means "supporters"  retsuden I don't know--dictionary says it's "a series of biographies".  Could this be an old-fashioned way of saying "Staff"?

system settei - this one is simple, "system settings"

Otome Engi - this is definitely a pun.  Because Romance of the 3 Kingdoms is "Sankoku Engi" lit. Annals of the 3 Kingdoms.  So this menu item is "Annals of the Maidens".  Whatever that means.

Koihime Emaki - an Emaki is one of those scrolled-up Japanese murals..  "Koihime Murals?"  Must be some kind of artwork.  It might even just be CG viewer.

Gakkyoku Musou - Another pun.  As you said, it's "Peerless Tunes" (or "Peerless Music")

Game wo shuuryou suru - this one is simple, "End Game"

Otome Engi - this is definitely a pun.  Because Romance of the 3 Kingdoms is "Sankoku Engi" lit. Annals of the 3 Kingdoms.  So this menu item is "Annals of the Maidens".  Whatever that means.

Koihime Emaki - an Emaki is one of those scrolled-up Japanese murals..  "Koihime Murals?"  Must be some kind of artwork.  It might even just be CG viewer.

Gakkyoku Musou - Another pun.  As you said, it's "Peerless Tunes" (or "Peerless Music")

Thanks and comparing to the first game's menu it would be like this :

First would be : Romance of the Maidens

Second would be : Kohime Scrolls (ya the cg viewer)

Thirst would be : Peerless Music (like is the first game's menu)

Thanks a lot for helping with the translation, really appreciate it :)

kyfk.png

From what I have, I can confirm that fifth one is an event-viewer. Sixth one is a cg viewer. And the seventh one is a music viewer. Oh, and I'd better warn you that all three of those have a whole bunch of text inside. A whole load of BGM titles, some text to the lower part, some text in the upper-right (probably explanations of what their term meant).

So, my advice is, get a 100% savegame. You can find it here

it's listed as 真・恋姫†無双 ~乙女繚乱☆三国志演義~

I believe all of Koihime's songs and bgms already exist somewhere translated though, so the only problem is to find it and compare with what's in game.

Also, in event and cg viewer every character has a banner and their name, but I guess at the very least there's no reason to translate banners and probably no reason to translate names, since it's already clear who that is, but that'd probably take some complicated editing to do. Same goes for bgm and song titles, they are most likely of lowest priority.

Well for now our first priority is to get the text translation, other than that title menu and the message window and system settings window get done. I've done the msg window and sys title menu, will be starting the sys setting window shortly. Soon I'll be starting a new topic consisting all the information related to this project including it's progress and all who are helping in this project ^-^

Edit :

It's a 4kb file cfg.cfg

so can you tell me how it will work, cause it's not working for me.

Edit :

lol it was a simple mistake, but now it's working ^-^

Edited by Pran

Since I don't know how long more it'll take for me to finish with at least Gi's main story and I guess having something to work with is might be good, here's what I have on Shoku right now. If someone wants to help out and doesn't know what to do, I think converting it all into a script might be a useful thing to do. But I should mention I don't bother making subs when heroine says "Eeeeeeei!" while swinging a weapon.

Aisha shares events with Touka, so it's SKTouka.

Also, I'd prefer for someone to turn this into a script before sending anywhere. I can imagine Mangagamer faces if they get a bunch of srt files and I don't see how that's a good idea. Unless you're sending it as a rough draft, demo or a test of some sort. Ideally, something like a chronologically-organized table with two rows: one holding japanese text and another holding english text should be easy to work with. As I said already, if anyone want to help out, grabbing text with agth and saving it somewhere with a corresponding translated text would be a good idea. If you want an agth code to use for Shin Koihime, I have two:

/HS4@4F7730

and

/HS4@4F8E90

For example, after launching the game, you can input something like

agth.exe /C /HS4@4F7730 /KS /pnshin_koihime.exe

Then you can always split work between several people with making seperate script files for seperate arcs.

I sent the .rar as a rough draft, mostly to show that this project is actually happening. They're legitimately stunned. I don't know a huge amount about computer stuff like that, but I'll try to learn in the near future.

Also, I HAVE RECEIVED A HUGE UPDATE FROM MANGAGAMER.

Team, we did it. They've got enough to start negotiations with BaseSon. They'll keep me updated about how localisation talk goes. I also know what the bare minimum of work on our part is required. 

"The bear minimum work required on your team's side is the translation of the script and the translation of the menus and UI.

For the original Koihime Musou, BaseSon worked on the images themselves as well based on the translation provided. 
They might or might not have a reason on wanting to do it themselves.
"
So we don't need to worry about in-game Japanese to English editing. Also, all interested in beta testing should message me privately so I can notice it sooner.

Goddam great news XD

Well this makes our work more easy, and I've messaged you about beta testing ^-^

Guest TheGoldenTuga

Unfortunetly I don´t have the skills but I have the desire to help. So with your permission MKDude I would like post about this project on the visual novel database. Maybe that will get you guys some extra help or at the very least support.