Shin Koihime Musou Translation Project

MKDude

We are all eager to get our grubby mitts on this game. At this stage I'm sure the fans would be happy even if you chose 'Courier New'

Personally I don't care what the font is in VN. They can be "Arial", "Times New Roman", "Calibri" or "Comic Sans MS"(I personally like comic sans ms font btw), because I want to just get on with the story and read/play it fully. But well the game will be for everyone to play not just me, so using a font that will look good for the most is the best I could do for now. So, so far in the Images most part I've used "Minion Pro" and in some heading part I've used "Chaparral Pro" (needed a font that looked big). But still these are not the final font for the Images.

We're gonna cut back a bit on posting all of these pictures. There will still be updates whenever anything notable happens, but we want to build up a bit of reserve. 

Also, could still use more team members. If you've got skills of any variety, just message me. Translators and tech people would be a huge help, but any skill is useful.

For anyone who hasn't been keeping up with this project, it's a project to get Shin Koihime Musou fully translated and commercially released. We have the financial backing of MangaGamer (meaning they're covering all localization costs) and we're currently working to have enough to send to BaseSon, who has agreed to comply with us to release the English version.

Long story short, we've got all the legal greenlights to get this done. While I expect us to encounter a number of roadblocks, the game will be getting an English release in the foreseeable future.

Our current issue is a manpower-to-content ratio. Our current manpower would be enough for a normal game, but as many of you know, Shin Koihime Musou is HUGE. It's around three times the size of the original game. For those asking "Well, why doesn't MangaGamer help with manpower?" the answer is simple; if they got their official translation team to help, they'd legally have to take a much more hands-on approach. 

We are marching to the beat of our own drum right now. We've got no deadline or anything like that, our diligent workload is simply due to the desire we have to see this game released. Anyone who wants to join the project as a part-timer will not be asked to work 24/7. MangaGamer is basically supporting us in every way that they can, dealing with the business and financial issues that come with translation projects. BaseSon (the original developers) have also agreed to help with the technical aspects once they have enough to work with. However, we still only have two translators. One for story (Akikojam) and one for battle stuff (Mephisto). For a game this big, it's gonna take awhile to translate everything with only two guys. Which is why we need your help. The more people we have working on this, the faster the game will get done. If you don't have any skills that could be of use for the actual work part of the project, ask around. If you've got friends that can translate, line up the Japanese and English scripts, edit, etc. then that would be a tremendous help as well.

Also, if anyone could help with script extraction, that would save us so much time that we could be dedicating to other aspects of the project. BaseSon may be dealing with a majority of the technical stuff, but we could definitely use our own tech guy/girl to help out.

We're going to get this game released. That's no longer an "if" as of writing. Like I said, there will be roadblocks, but we'll get this done. Shin Koihime Musou will be getting localized. Thanks for your support, everyone. To all the newcomers who just looked into this project, hope this gave you a bit more info so you don't have to read through the forum!

If anyone has any questions, just ask. I'm a nice guy! If anyone wants to offer their assistance in any way, just message me. No matter what your skill is, you can be a big help.

We'll keep updating our Facebook page with project reports. Even if fuwanovel goes down temporarily (which happened a few times this past month) we will keep working and keep updating the page with our progress. Once again, thanks for the support everyone! Hearing it makes the team incredibly happy.

Heh, yeah, for anyone to get a picture how slow this will be at this rate... for me alone it took a bit more than a year to translate Shoku's story and town events as well as Gi's story. Of course, that's including the fact that I was slower at first. But yeah, if I assume that I'll need to do all the story and events alone, that'd probably take a year more.

Our story translator, ladies and gentlemen. If you don't want to wait at least another year for the game, we could really use your help. Offer to join, ask a friend, help us scout, anything would be helpful to the project.

I wanted to publicly welcome our two new members. Our new translator Stepranog, and our now full-time proofreader Rooke!

I also wanted to say, this will probably be the only update I make today. We were up way too late joking around and I know most of us are very sleepy today.

Happy Monday everyone! We'll keep working hard for you!

Also, we've been asked to do a few other projects besides/after Shin Koihime Musou, so I want to clarify; we're only going to do one project at a time. If we decide to do more projects after Shin Koihime Musou, which is likely, we'll probably end up doing Moeshouden first. There's no harm in requesting, but it will be awhile before we can take requests.

If we have a second story translator, will he/she also give scripts to me? It might help speed things up with my youtube channel and, since we can't really make a partial patch, this is one of the few ways we can demonstrate any progress. As for what's next, I've been planning to start Moeshouden after I'm done with Shin Koihime, so I'm all for it. And if it gets fast enough, might I nominate Supitan (スピたん) by Xuse next? That (or Sangoku Hime 2) was also what I was planning to start if I ever got to the end of Moeshouden.

We've got two people working on script extraction and re-packing, so I'll send you everything they send me. Right now they're pretty busy though, so it may take a bit of time.

As for your nominations, I'll check 'em out when I get the chance!

Which one are you talking about, Sengoku Hime 2 or this one Sengoku Hime 2 .

Sangoku Hime, the Three Kingdom themed one. Though it seems a third one is out now, which is nice, since I didn't know that. It appears for both series each game is a remake of the previous one. And Sangoku Hime is basically a mix of Koihime (pretty solid story, same theme, similar protagonist, except for this time a badass former mercenary one) with Sengoku Rance (similar battle and gameplay system, quite a lot more characters than Koihime has, a bit less character interaction that Koihime has... though more than Rance had, since it's not Alicesoft after all). I played it for quite a lot and it's good. Way more complicated text due to pointless narration sometimes, but, obviously, way less content than Koihime.

As for Supitan, if anyone played Eien no Aselia, it's a sort of a side-story sequel to it, dedicated to minor spirits and characters that were left behind by Yuuto.

At any rate, that's all nice, but only matters for when we finish with both Shin Koihime and Moeshouden. But if you can at least agth, I recommend playing that.

Ok, will look for it.

And about the translation we are doing, yep it will take some good amount of time to finish both, but we'r working towards to get the re-packer, if we can get that going everything will be much easier.

Things will be so much easier once we get through Shin Koihime. Any other game we do will just seem small in comparison.

Also, I've never heard of a Remastered Edition for Shin Koihime Musou. Nothing I find has any info about it. Though I do know there is that funny little Nukige about the poor forgotten Kayuu.

Guest TheGoldenTuga

Actually while reading this I remembered that BaseSon released another koihime game a few months ago except this time it´s the sengoku era, instead of the three kingdoms. On a side note since I never get to talk to people who have played the same visual novel´s as me, am I the only one who thinks the anime adaptation of Koihime Musou was horrible? 

http://vndb.org/v13188   Link to the game I mentioned.

Actually while reading this I remembered that BaseSon released another koihime game a few months ago except this time it´s the sengoku era, instead of the three kingdoms. On a side note since I never get to talk to people who have played the same visual novel´s as me, am I the only one who thinks the anime adaptation of Koihime Musou was horrible? 

http://vndb.org/v13188   Link to the game I mentioned.

I remember about Sengoku Koihime, but unlike normal Koihime, that one still might have a chance of Mangagamer taking over it completely. At least we shouldn't worry about it while it's still undecided. As for Koihime anime, everyone who played at least first game though it was horrible... or that it was just a moving fanservice of their favorite characters, as long as they could ignore the plot and the fact that half the seiyu got replaced.

Also, MK said anything will look easy in comparison, but are you forgetting that we're not doing the actual code insertion here and still have noone capable of that? I'm pretty sure right now there's nothing we can do without Mangagamer cooperation.

I bought the DVD just to see the whole show. Still waiting for it.

Also, I kind of forgot. With MangaGamer's help, we can do a lot, but I still would personally feel better to have someone who can do that stuff on our team too. I know Cloudy (member of the Skype chat) knows some game engine hacking, and she's trying to figure out the technical nonsense that's slowing us down right now, but I would like a member who's primary job on projects is hacking.

As I said on The SKM Project Facebook page, we're currently dealing with technical issues involving the script, which is slowing us down pretty badly right now. Once we get this crap handled, we'll be right back to frequent updates and constant work.

Any tech people with experience in script extracting/re-packing/etc would help tremendously. Message me if you want to help.

Any part-time translators who don't have the time to do script translations, you can still help us by translating some of the battle bios with the team. We've posted a few translated ones on Facebook, but there are still a lot left untranslated.

Anybody that wants to be a part-time translator or know someone who would, just message me or comment below!

I am very sad to inform everyone that MKDude has finally succumbed to a strand of syphillis he caught while touring Africa last year. His last hours were not pleasant. They were filled with many screams, tears, and calls to 'man up and lower your pitch.' It is a sad day for us all.

I hope the Lord grants the suspect individual the punishment he thoroughly deserves.

But the show must go on, and a new manager has taken over teh role. She's organised, strict, and I'm sure the project will accelerate more quickly under her than it did when MKDude's VD stained hands were at the tiller. Which is good news for fans on this, the most tragic of days.