Are You Kidding Me?! They're Releasing This in English?!

HOLY BAJEBUS, SISTERS IS LAST DAY OF SUMMER IS GETTING A WESTERN RELEASE!

https://jastusa.com/games/jast058/sisters:-last-day-of-summer-pre-order

you mightve seen the videos already to this but man this takes me back. never thought itd get a western release as this is pretty ancient but the artwork is stellar with full animated h-scenes AND no mosaics.

:sugoi:

we've peaked! FUCK YOU ALL!

Spoiler

I tried to watch/read this one when it came out... can't say I'm enthusiastic for a localization.  I refrained from rating it at the time to avoid being 'one of those people' who plays one hour of a VN, then gives it a 2 or a 3 on a scale of one to ten, but my honest rating after playing it halfway through was maybe a 5 or 6, on my usual scale of things.  Take that with a grain of salt, given I didn't play it to the end, but I remembered the experience enough to comment on it now, so...

I put the above in spoilers because it is somewhat negative commentary from someone who only played the game halfway through, so if you want to ignore it, I have no problems with it in this case.  

For more positive commentary, the ero was good (better than most h-anime these days, which have become so similar to each other that you can't tell the difference between different series anymore).

28 minutes ago, Clephas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I tried to watch/read this one when it came out... can't say I'm enthusiastic for a localization.  I refrained from rating it at the time to avoid being 'one of those people' who plays one hour of a VN, then gives it a 2 or a 3 on a scale of one to ten, but my honest rating after playing it halfway through was maybe a 5 or 6, on my usual scale of things.  Take that with a grain of salt, given I didn't play it to the end, but I remembered the experience enough to comment on it now, so...

I put the above in spoilers because it is somewhat negative commentary from someone who only played the game halfway through, so if you want to ignore it, I have no problems with it in this case.  

For more positive commentary, the ero was good (better than most h-anime these days, which have become so similar to each other that you can't tell the difference between different series anymore).

hey, you know what? thats fair and youre totally allowed to have the opinion.

...for now! :arcrage:

2 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

hey, you know what? thats fair and youre totally allowed to have the opinion.

...for now! :arcrage:

Clephas opens his mouth and a wave of kilometer-thick tentacles emerge, enveloping Mitchhamilton, who mysteriously turns into a gigantic mahou shoujo before being dragged inside the open jaws.  A moment later, Clephas spits out a small tentacle, which grows into a perfect mahou shoujo clone of Mitchhamilton, who takes over the account with a dead smile*  

The only opinion that matters is the gigantic tentacle monster's, lol

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Clephas said:

Clephas opens his mouth and a wave of kilometer-thick tentacles emerge, enveloping Mitchhamilton, who mysteriously turns into a gigantic mahou shoujo before being dragged inside the open jaws.  A moment later, Clephas spits out a small tentacle, which grows into a perfect mahou shoujo clone of Mitchhamilton, who takes over the account with a dead smile*  

The only opinion that matters is the gigantic tentacle monster's, lol

Geez, you say the strangest thing, Clephas-Sama~

Kirin, Kirin, Pa-Koon!

:antibullyranger:

Edited by mitchhamilton

1 hour ago, mitchhamilton said:

Geez, you say the strangest thing, Clephas-Sama~

Kirin, Kirin, Pa-Koon!

:antibullyranger:

*Clephas bestows the Fragilistic Perfectio Shining Twinkling Mega-Frazzlestick upon Mitchhamilton's replace- clon*

2 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

YATTA!~

:nokia:

*Clephas nods with satisfaction as Mitchhamilton is enveloped in her new purple tentacle suit, knowing he has once again done a good deed.*  

FWIW, it turned out to be "My Most Dissappointing VN of 2019" ;) Let me quote myself

On 1/16/2020 at 7:19 AM, adamstan said:

From the titles I read in 2019, the most disappointing one was Sisters ~Natsu no Saigo no Hi~

I think I finally never got to write my impressions in "What are you playing" thread, so might write here as well ;)  It has pretty good production values, being almost fully animated. Also, the story had the potential for being nice nakige, but developers decided that the best use for all those animations would be to turn that "na" into "nu" :( So the story got overwhelmed with numerous long h-scenes. Overally game isn't bad, I enjoyed it (and it's pretty short), but it screams "wasted potential!" - after some of the story reveals my expectations were much higher, thus disappointment.

On the more positive note - except for few lines when we hear news from TV, it's easy enough that I could read it without the text hooking :D

It's nice when seen as an interactive hentai movie, but IMO falls somewhat short as a VN...

I'd say that Lovers ~Koi ni Ochitara...~ from the same developer was better, even though only H-scenes were animated in it.

But those were one of the best looking animated h-scenes I've ever seen in a (2D) VN. Hand drawn FTW!

Edited by adamstan

On 3/7/2024 at 12:02 PM, adamstan said:

FWIW, it turned out to be "My Most Dissappointing VN of 2019" ;) Let me quote myself

It's nice when seen as an interactive hentai movie, but IMO falls somewhat short as a VN...

I'd say that Lovers ~Koi ni Ochitara...~ from the same developer was better, even though only H-scenes were animated in it.

But those were one of the best looking animated h-scenes I've ever seen in a (2D) VN. Hand drawn FTW!

looks really good.

yeah, nothing can beat hand drawn for a vn.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, JAST really is about to release the nukige in June later. That said, obviously it's not my interest here, especially with there are some other interesting non-nukige VNs from the olden time, although at least the art is still looking good even after more than 10 years since its initial release. Still, have fun if you've been looking forward to it.

Edited by littleshogun