Fanza is now Region locked

Erogamer

I had this pop up just trying to browse the web site for PC games. I still have my account which they direct me to log in to and all my purchased games are there. However, it seems like they no longer will allow me to browse and purchase any more games. They just lost a lot of over seas customers and the game companies will lose a lot of money because of this. 

24jnacl2xmeb1.png?width=2048&format=png&

7 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

I've heard this even applies to the whole of DMM, at least in Germany. It's pretty sad, yeah.

Yes, same here. They want people to buy their games, but eliminate the means to do it. I had bought visual novels here that I really liked to support the devs. I guess I won't be doing that anymore. 

Edited by Erogamer

3 hours ago, tahu157 said:

Are you in the US like your profile says? I tried browsing from the US just now and I did not get any popups.

Yes, I can log into my account but it takes me directly to my games library. It will not let me go anywhere else on the site.

DMM does this periodically, thoroughly blocking foreign IPs for months at a time, easing the restrictions for a while, then doing it again.  Honestly, I dunno why they do it... I mean, all it does is cost them business.

Edit: I do know that early on it was an attempt to disrupt the pirates, but most of the people who do the actual work of ripping VNs live in China (incidentally why so many pirated VNs have spyware and ransomware on them), Korea, Southeast Asia, or Japan... IP blocks don't help at all with the Japanese, and it barely slows the rest, since the ones ripping are hackers in the first place.  It's a pretty pointless way of doing things.