• Oshino Shinobu
    • Hachikuji Mayoi
    • Araragi Karen
    • Araragi Tsukihi
    • Sengoku Nadeko
    • Ononoki Yotsugi
    • Kanbaru Suruga
    • Oshino Ougi
  2. 2. Who deserves to end up with Koyomi the most?

• Hanekawa Tsubasa
    • Senjougahara Hitagi
    • Oshino Shinobu
    • Hachikuji Mayoi
    • Araragi Karen
    • Araragi Tsukihi
    • Sengoku Nadeko
    • Ononoki Yotsugi
    • Kanbaru Suruga
  3. 3. What's your favorite arc?

• Bakemonogatari
    • Nekomogatari:Kuro
    • Nekomogatari:Shiro
    • Nisemonogatari
    • Kizumonogatari
    • Kabukimonogatari
    • Otorimonogatari
    • Onimonogatari
    • Hanamonogatari
    • Koimonogatari

This poll is closed to new votes

Just finished watching Second Season, and I was impressed. I liked the previous instalments, but I never found it that amazing - though the developments in this one were so unexpected that I ended up liking it the most. Especially Otorimonogatari clicked with me, I really wasn't expecting that.

Just finished watching Second Season, and I was impressed. I liked the previous instalments, but I never found it that amazing - though the developments in this one were so unexpected that I ended up liking it the most. Especially Otorimonogatari clicked with me, I really wasn't expecting that.

That ending though.

The arc that made me feel the most was Hachikuji's one.

RIP Hachikuji, you will never be forgotten (even though you were dead already)

That ending though.

The arc that made me feel the most was Hachikuji's one.

RIP Hachikuji, you will never be forgotten (even though you were dead already)

That "trailer" ending was awesome, I was actually hoping we'd see something like that in the end. Though the ending we got was great in its own way.

Hachikuji's arc got me too, yeah - the only reason why I mentioned Nadeko's was because it came first. I actually really liked how they went against the pattern and 

started deconstructing the harem instead.

Nadeko's arc kind of started it, but even if it looked like it could all be reversed, Hachikuji's made clear just what was up. Well, that was probably why I ended up liking this season the most. :)

I started Nise ... It's just uncomparable to Bake ... what the heck happened to the series .. I'm only keeping on because i'm curious about Shinobu ... But the first 2 episodes ... 

Maybe I should watch the third and something will happen ?

Please ...

I started Nise ... It's just uncomparable to Bake ... what the heck happened to the series .. I'm only keeping on because i'm curious about Shinobu ... But the first 2 episodes ... 

Please ...

Nise focuses on Araragi's sisters mostly and it has a much higher amount of fanservice that some people might not be comfortable with.

It definitely has a different feel hence why some people dislike it. 

I didn't mind it, especially Shinobu's 15 min bath scene. *nosebleed*

That "trailer" ending was awesome, I was actually hoping we'd see something like that in the end. Though the ending we got was great in its own way.

Hachikuji's arc got me too, yeah - the only reason why I mentioned Nadeko's was because it came first. I actually really liked how they went against the pattern and 

started deconstructing the harem instead.

Nadeko's arc kind of started it, but even if it looked like it could all be reversed, Hachikuji's made clear just what was up. Well, that was probably why I ended up liking this season the most. :)

I liked this season the best as well but for different reasons. Mainly because of all the past revelations and overall going back to the characters and giving them new stories, focusing on their pasts was just something i personally liked to see. It helps connect with the characters in my opinion

RIP HACHIKUJI <3

It's not about the scenario.

It's about the animation. Nise doesn't have these sharps image cuts and random landscapes that destroyed the rythm and created a whole atmosphere.

It's gone, now it's just a linear story with weird backgrounds, worse animation and a disputable OST.

I mean it's not bad, but it's clearly uncomparable to Bakemonogatari which I personnaly think is a Masterpiece

I was also unsure what to think of Nisemonogatari... then that toothbrush scene happened and it became the most disturbing and hilarious thing I've ever seen. :D I've never seen anything else that would make me uncomfortable and amused at the same time, that scene certainly was an accomplishemnt. Best moment in Nise.  :lol:

I was also unsure what to think of Nisemonogatari... then that toothbrush scene happened and it became the most disturbing and hilarious thing I've ever seen. :D I've never seen anything else that would make me uncomfortable and amused at the same time, that scene certainly was an accomplishemnt. Best moment in Nise.  :lol:

oh gods i loved the tooth brush scene

• 7 months later...

I think Heizei was being facetious haha.

It's a pretty fascinating franchise, particular if you like surrealism and people frequently discussing philosophy and ideology. 

I know he was. I just played the straight man.

Yup-yup.

I'm sorry for derailing the topic with my remark. Just take me out back and shoot me :P

Monogatari for me was like a reinvention of anime. I usually rate everything pretty highly, but I never call things a masterpiece. And this series is a masterpiece. I'm not going to write a review for it here (I easily could) so I'll just keep it pretty short. The character development is of the highest quality. In Bake you become familiar with nearly everyone that you'll ever see in this anime. Like seriously, if you aren't part of the story, you don't exist in the Monogatari world. Contrary to many, I believe the story improved as it went on with Second Season being the greatest example of why I call Monogatari a masterpiece. The Shaft art style is refreshing, and the extra work they put into the series is representative of the quality of the LN that it originated from.

Now lets get back on track guys

I'm sorry for derailing the topic with my remark. Just take me out back and shoot me :P

Monogatari for me was like a reinvention of anime. I usually rate everything pretty highly, but I never call things a masterpiece. And this series is a masterpiece. I'm not going to write a review for it here (I easily could) so I'll just keep it pretty short. The character development is of the highest quality. In Bake you become familiar with nearly everyone that you'll ever see in this anime. Like seriously, if you aren't part of the story, you don't exist in the Monogatari world. Contrary to many, I believe the story improved as it went on with Second Season being the greatest example of why I call Monogatari a masterpiece. The Shaft art style is refreshing, and the extra work they put into the series is representative of the quality of the LN that it originated from.

tbh when bakemonogatari first came out, it was a bit of a bore for me. at least 90% of the show was people talking shit and the occasional "lets molest hachikuji" moment by yours truly. I couldn't marathon it because my attention span could only take so much. But i came to appreciate it more when nisemonogatari followed by the second season came out and came to really like the series, despite its controversial peculiarities. That said, i think the show is a little bit overrated.

Oh, and Senjougahara best girl.

Please ...

Wait a second... Really?

You mean you havent finished rewatching it? :P

I guess its not that unusual, I purposely havent watched Hanamonogatari

No. I meant I haven't finished watching it.

I'm purposely stalling it until I get v2 of Koimonogatari and Hanamonogatari.

Is it that weird? :/