• Oshino Shinobu
    • Hachikuji Mayoi
    • Araragi Karen
    • Araragi Tsukihi
    • Sengoku Nadeko
    • Ononoki Yotsugi
    • Kanbaru Suruga
    • Oshino Ougi
  2. 2. Who deserves to end up with Koyomi the most?

• Hanekawa Tsubasa
    • Senjougahara Hitagi
    • Oshino Shinobu
    • Hachikuji Mayoi
    • Araragi Karen
    • Araragi Tsukihi
    • Sengoku Nadeko
    • Ononoki Yotsugi
    • Kanbaru Suruga
  3. 3. What's your favorite arc?

• Bakemonogatari
    • Nekomogatari:Kuro
    • Nekomogatari:Shiro
    • Nisemonogatari
    • Kizumonogatari
    • Kabukimonogatari
    • Otorimonogatari
    • Onimonogatari
    • Hanamonogatari
    • Koimonogatari

This poll is closed to new votes

I feel like this amazing franchise deserves its own thread, much like Toaru has one here.

Just wanted to know how many fans of this exist around here.

The porpose of this thread is to discuss the on-going anime series and the previous series (Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, etc.)

You can discuss the LN too but at least I don't read it so i'm not up to date.

Feel free to discuss the poll and what's your favorite character etc.

Let me just make it clear that for me Shinobu wins in every category, period.

To give some sort of topic, who would win in a fight, Senjougahara or Hanekawa?

Arcs explained:

Bakemonogatari
Arc where Araragi Koyomi meets Hitagi Senjougahara and the other apparitions
Includes:
- Hitagi Crab
- Mayoi Snail
- Suruga Monkey
- Nadeko Snake
- Tsubasa Cat

Kizumonogatari (Will be adapted into a movie)
Arc where Araragi Koyomi meets Shinobu for the first time
Includes:
- Koyomi Vamp

Nisemonogatari
Stories concerning Araragi Karen and Araragi Tsukihi 
Includes:
- Karen Bee
- Tsukihi Phoenix

Nekomonogatari: Kuro

Story regarding Hanekawa Tsubasa and her second personality.

Includes:
- Tsubasa Family

Nekomonogatari: Shiro
Arc where Hanekawa meets a giant tiger on the way to her school then her house is burned out. She can't find Araragi, but Senjougahara comes to help her.

Kabukimonogatari
Arc where Shinobu and Araragi go back eleven years in the past and end up saving Mayoi Hachikuji, which turn out to be an event that will change the whole world in the future.

Hanamonogatari (Wasn't adapted into anime yet)
This happens after everthing has ended when Araragi and Senjougahara graduate into university.

Otorimonogatari
Nadeko hallucinates and does everything the snake god on her hand tells her as a redemption for what she's done to snakes.

Onimonogatari
This happens at the same time with Nekomonogatari Shiro; On the first day of the new semester, Araragi meets Hachikuji, Yotsugi, then suddenly a mysterious black thing appears and attack them. They escaped, hide, and hear Shinobu talking about her past

Koimonogatari
From Kaiki Deshuu's point of view; On a holiday, he receives a strange request from Senjougahara, told him to deceive a God. 

There are that many arcs......?   :blink:

Yes, there's more in Monogatari Series: Final season

But i only added the arcs up to the second season. They only adapted 4 of the total 6 so far though, maybe i should add a spoiler with which arc is what.. I just know them by heart now.

Edit: Added every arc into a spoiler with a quick sum up so people don't get confused.

this series is indeed good but i am not a monogatari seriers super fan boy but i will read the LN some time soon when i am done with my current read probably and i have watched the newest season off monogatari series Raw with very basic japanse skills so i don't remeber most names 

Shinobu best girl. Shinobu BEST BEST BEST BESt. cute cute CUTE CUTE CUTE DAMMIT LOLI VAMPIRE CUTE FAKKING OMG CUTE CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MAN GOD CUTE SHE ISSSSSSSS!!?!?!?!.

that's basically how I feel.

I like your point of view~

Kiss-shot Arceola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade, just for that name she wins.

As you can guess who I voted for I'd just like to say, Shinobu would be an acceptable second choice.

10876985966_d6d867dc55_o.jpg

I'm okay wiht that, I have to say Hachikuji is most likely my second choice as well.

No one else can slip their tongues as good as she does.

Argh, not-loli opinions are unpopular!

I'd go something like Snake>Crab=Bee=Vampire>Cat=Monkey=Snail>Phoenix if I had to choose. Not that there are any characters I don't like. 

'bout the series themselves, although I'm not against a good dose of SoL harem-shenanigans once in a while, it kinda gets in the way of the story progression lately. Post-Bake series have lost a bit of the feel the first one had.

Okay I watched the latest episode..

I.. I can't process this information

I had seen that video before but now it's leaving a bigger impact

This was the most sloppy and weird and yet sad kiss ever

w4eVgv4.png

xs2xLkH.png

seems like i need to watch the newest episodes

I never understood what was wrong with the subs. Do you mean the translation quality the font or...? I have heard this mentioned before but,  I never thought of CR subs as inferior. Though I have seen some random fan subs that just simply kick ass.

The quality of the CR subs (ie both giving the correct meaning and adapting it in good english) is mediocre. I don't even need to know much japanese to realize it: besides the fact that it's a rather known thing, I can see it firsthand when I watch an episode with the CR subs then with the french subs of the official simulcast. And more then often CR subs have sentences that feel wrong even for some basic stuff even I can understand from the japanese. 

...Though tbh I'm not looking for high-quality work from subs or anything and I don't mind inconsistent or even troll subs. I don't know enough japanese and don't care enough for well-shaped sentences in subs.

But the fact that those are quite mediocre stands.

I never understood what was wrong with the subs. Do you mean the translation quality the font or...? I have heard this mentioned before but,  I never thought of CR subs as inferior. Though I have seen some random fan subs that just simply kick ass.

It's mostly about preference with how they sub it and how politically/grammatically correct their translations are.  For instance, it's rare for me to find CR subs that use honorifics, or how they heavily alter the subs depending on what kind of dialect is being used (I despise that), or how the subs relate to the country that the anime is taking place in (machine doll for instance takes place in Great Britain, so the guys over at FFFansubs are using British English for their translations, which is something I like).

Oh I see. I can totally relate to the fans going above and beyond, like the British English example. I mostly like CR for the consistency of the quality of the videos the speed by which they get them out and the fact that I can support the industry. I do wish they used honorifics though....

Anyways...Back on topic Shinobu all the way! I can't get enough Shinobu.

As for my favorite arc.... I think I have to say nise because of the sister. I love the Bee almost as much as Shinobu.

I see the shift people are talking about though. Bake seems very different from all of the rest. It took a slightly but tangible step towards mainstream comedy and harem. I dont complaint though because those are my favorite genre anyways. I would have been cool with the previous vibe and I am coool with the new vibe.