GAME RELEASE - ShiniKiss (Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji)

Guest madoka12345

I'd say the comedy elements are the only thing it has going for it. It has nothing else. 

Both the 2 normal heroine routes are predictable and focus a lot on sex scenes.

Kohaku's is the best route and has a nice little twist at the end which i liked, it probably saved the VN too.

But then again it's not some masterpiece

Nobody said that it is a masterpiece, Eurobeatz said that it's 6.5-7/10 I would mostly agree with him 6-7/10 in the end I go with 6/10 because I actually disliked Kohaku's ending because

turning back time and MCs forgetting everything

is kind of ending that I hate the most.

That's true, i'd give it a 6/10 as well but not because of Kohaku but because of the over sexualization of the other routes and the really tiny setting and story.

Regarding the ending I don't think it's a bad one. It's cliched but it saves the VN imo. There was no other way I can see for it to work out without forgetting the childhood friend.

I just wish they didn't cut off at the end though. A little epilogue would be nice.

That's true, i'd give it a 6/10 as well but not because of Kohaku but because of the over sexualization of the other routes and the really tiny setting and story.

Regarding the ending I don't think it's a bad one. It's cliched but it saves the VN imo. There was no other way I can see for it to work out without forgetting the childhood friend.

I just wish they didn't cut off at the end though. A little epilogue would be nice.

Kinda the opposite for me, really. I'm easy to please so I didn't mind that the setting was small or the sexualization, but the ending really pissed me off.

I could accept a bittersweet ending, hell, I wouldn't have minded "she magically comes to life"

too much either if they did it right, but freaking "it was all a dream"? Really?

• 1 year later...

Kinda the opposite for me, really. I'm easy to please so I didn't mind that the setting was small or the sexualization, but the ending really pissed me off.

I could accept a bittersweet ending, hell, I wouldn't have minded "she magically comes to life"

too much either if they did it right, but freaking "it was all a dream"? Really?

Was going to read this as i thought it was a fairly happy vn. I have it installed and stumbled upon the fact that the ending is a wtf moment... Not a happy one.. So, is this a romantic vn with a bad separation at the end? I hate those. I don't mind the spoiler. If it's not as bad as it seems then i'll just read it.

Holy necro Batman!

Spoilers for Shinikiss:

So after you play through both Shizuku and Honoka's route, you can play the game again to play Kohaku's route.  You discover that Kohaku is actually somebody very important to you, and the backstory in regard to this goes down that route.  There are a lot of loose ends left over, but the game is still decently cute.

Here's my review of it, if you'd like to know more.