Planetarian English PSP release

ShinjiGR

Like the title says I localized the PSP version of Planetarian.
I took the translated text directly from the windows version and I edited pictures, video, menus, etc.

You can get the patch here and a pre-patched iso here.
You can check my site here.
Obviously you'll need a PSP with custom firmware to play it.

Unfortunately it doesn't work well with the current emulators.
With JPCSP I had minor sound problems and serious font problems that make it unreadable!
With PPSSPP I had sound and video problems, which make the game un-finishable! It can't play the last video (30 lines before the end). To be more precise it plays the video at 1 frame per minute, which took, in my computer, 12 hours and 20 minutes to play a 54 second video!

Finally, I would like to publicly thank Nanashi3 for his invaluable hacking help!

Sorry, no plans for any vn localizations in the immediate future.

As for the video issue, it's not a generic video issue. PPSSPP just can't play a single video near the end of the game. JPCSP can play the video but has other issues. Of course a real PSP has no problems at all.

Fast Forward doesn't work on the videos. You can bypass them by pressing the X key but only if you have seen them before.

One notable point is PMF videos are rendered with specifically-developed code in PPSSPP (HLE code);

46:29:937 user_main I[ME]: HLE\scePsmf.cpp:857 scePsmfPlayerSetPsmf(088c0fa8, disc0:/PSP_GAME/USRDIR/X6MOVIE/16.pmf)
46:29:937 user_main W[ME]: HLE\scePsmf.cpp:930 UNIMPL scePsmfPlayerStart(088c0fa8, 088c0f84, 00000000)
46:29:940 user_main I[ME]: HW\MediaEngine.cpp:108 Format aac detected only with low score of 1, misdetection possible!
46:29:943 user_main I[ME]: HW\MediaEngine.cpp:108 get_buffer() failed
46:29:943 user_main I[ME]: HW\MediaEngine.cpp:108 Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Audio: aac, 0 channels, fltp): unspecified sample r
ate
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options

The emulator seems to have trouble detecting audio format for this one video file.

One notable point is PMF videos are rendered with specifically-developed code in PPSSPP (HLE code);

46:29:937 user_main I[ME]: HLE\scePsmf.cpp:857 scePsmfPlayerSetPsmf(088c0fa8, disc0:/PSP_GAME/USRDIR/X6MOVIE/16.pmf)
46:29:937 user_main W[ME]: HLE\scePsmf.cpp:930 UNIMPL scePsmfPlayerStart(088c0fa8, 088c0f84, 00000000)
46:29:940 user_main I[ME]: HW\MediaEngine.cpp:108 Format aac detected only with low score of 1, misdetection possible!
46:29:943 user_main I[ME]: HW\MediaEngine.cpp:108 Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Audio: aac, 0 channels, fltp): unspecified sample r
ate

The emulator seems to have trouble detecting audio format for this one video file.

how about turning off the atrac3+ plug-in ????

Sorry, no plans for any vn localizations in the immediate future.

ah that's okay, getting english planetarian on psp already a great thing

ate

That's probably because the video file 16.pmf doesn't have an audio stream muxed inside it.

Since the original doesn't have an audio track, I made the English one the same.

During gameplay it plays this video along with background music and a voice track from external files and streams all of them together in real time.

Say, what does the Install feature do? When I tried to do it and start the game, it just froze and gave me a white screen. Does it have a purpose or is it just there?

Say, what does the Install feature do? When I tried to do it and start the game, it just froze and gave me a white screen. Does it have a purpose or is it just there?

The Install feature writes some audio files on the memory stick to speed up the game when played from the UMD. It's useless for the English release since the whole game is already on the memory stick. In other words it doesn't do anything so you can forget about it.

• 1 month later...

I encountered quite a few strange problems.

I'm playing this on a PSP (1004), with the latest 6.60 CFW. Sometimes the game just crashes. The first one happened during the

repairing parts

and I couldn't even exit the game (the whole console just went off after a little while). That didn't happen the next time I went through that part. Now during

the projection

, I had to exit the game at different points, because the text didn't show up and if I pressed a button, it only worked once (I could enter either one of the menus once, but they wouldn't work after that).

So basically, I have to save every so often to progress. I also think that

the projection

part is missing some backgrounds, because it didn't change after the Milky Way background until it went completely black because of the

outage

Due to the way the text is, sometimes I have to listen to a lot more voice than what is shown on the screen. Pressing the circle cuts the voice, but that's something to be expected from a game like this. Other than that, I noticed that the region on the iso wasn't changed, so the saving and home menus are in Japanese. Also the icon shows the Japanese title, but these aren't even important,since the game is perfectly playable in English.

That's my report as of now, I decided to turn the game off, because the restarts have gotten a bit annoying by now. Either way, thank you very much for working on this!

What's the different between the two versions of the game? It looks like the covers are different, I personally prefer the blue one, but the other looks nice as well.

What's the different between the two versions of the game? It looks like the covers are different, I personally prefer the blue one, but the other looks nice as well.

You mean original and charity edition? Except some one system file that helps to differentiate between the versions those tho are bit-identical. The difference, aside from the cover, is in where the profit goes.

You mean original and charity edition? Except some one system file that helps to differentiate between the versions those tho are bit-identical. The difference, aside from the cover, is in where the profit goes.

Hmm, that's good to hear, now to decide which one to get...

Double post alert.

I finished the game. Encountered two hard crashes total and around 20-30 hangs on the parts I mentioned. It played normally after that.

There were some lines where the text went over the screen a little bit. Every case would be fixable by rewording the sentences though.

Final thoughts: overall nicely done patch of a very, very, VERY good "Kinetic" novel. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for something that makes their eyes melt away. It happened to me.