SiglusEngine Problem (a new one..)

Chaos

Mmmm, before downloading again, the second think I did was patching it, amaterasu's patch, and didn't work neither, I now have a "new rewrite" that I still haven't patched just in case, but shall I try patching the new one as well? though in the old one, the first I download I mean, never worked?

(I got the partial patch, to tell you)

(i have directx, updated, since long ago I think)

EDIT: Just something that came up to my mind, shall I try putting the savedata folder on the same folder were rewrite is instead of the documents folder -- key -- rewrite -- savedata? or moving rewrite to that folder?

I mean, If the siglus create a folder on documents for the savedata files not giving a care where the rewrite is, maybe putting everything in the same folder might work? ... maybe the second option, moving everything to "rewrite" where the savedata folder is, instead moving the savedata folder... what do you think?

PS: I haven't try on my friends computer 'cause she got no internet right now to download it and neither of us have a USB with more thant 7GB... So right now I can't pass it to hers pc, but I think on the week, maybe near to thuesday or friday I might get my hands on a USB of 8GB.

okay , i think the problem is the windows itself , not the data.

do you use any AVs? did you try to disable or scan you computer?

rr you got no friends near you ? that you can use her/his pc?   just tell them you want to try some setup , im sure it helps

i aleardy tried downloading the fuwanovel data and instal it on 5 different pc and notebook on my friends and got no problems. 

okay , i think the problem is the windows itself , not the data.

do you use any AVs? did you try to disable or scan you computer?

rr you got no friends near you ? that you can use her/his pc?   just tell them you want to try some setup , im sure it helps

i aleardy tried downloading the fuwanovel data and instal it on 5 different pc and notebook on my friends and got no problems. 

I did disable the virus scanner of my pc and tried out; and as I said, The friend of mine whom is going to let me install it on her PC doesn't have internet so cannot download it, and neither her nor I have a 6+gb USB to pass it throught :/

But as I said, I think I'll get my hands on one at the end of this week and try out on hers PC, and my other friend whom can help me out lives too far so.. it's not an option, and I just asked a cousin and he told me his PC has not hard drive right now, So I cannot in his (so many problems just to try out something, mades me laught and feel unlucky at the same time x_X)

and about the AVs, you know, i just google it, 'cause i didn't know what was that, and when read about it, No, I think I have not  any AVs

and I'm with you when you say it might be my own windows problem not wanting to run teh SiglusE.. (Though it's weird since I got some VN and can run it without any problems, even without having locale on japanesse, they run, though for rewrite i did put it on japanesse)

AV is for Anti-Virus .

basicaly saying if this problem did exist only on your pc , its really a windows related problem.

did you have any GPU ? or Graphic Proccesing Unit on your PC? (Intel HD, AMD or NVIDIA)

can u reinstall the driver?

im itching to know what is your problem , the weirder , the better .

and did you try to shorten the rewrite path? (like C\:Rewrite)

or did you try it while seeding the torrent?

Edit : and open cmd , run as administator then type this : sfc /scannow . And tell us the result.

This thread has infected the back of my mind.  Chaos, let us know about the things Luch and p4izanagi just recommended.

I wanted to pipe in and say that I just tried the Fuwanovel version on two other machines which have almost identical specs to yours.  I didn't have a problem.  Here's hoping your answers to the latest questions help us figure this out.

Well, l0l, I though you were talking about this https://www.google.com.do/search?q=AVs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:es-ES:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr&ei=W1hLUqHnCoS-8ATa4ICwDg (but well, if you're talking about the anti-virus, yeah, I turn it Off back then)

Files created when I run the siglus engine? a folder on my documents folder named "key" another inside named "rewrite" another inside that named "savedata" and inside savedata two engine (?) named "windows" and "system" it doesn't matter if I delete them, they will show up again the moment I open the siglusEngine inside the folder of rewrite. (though If I delete it and create it myself and then run siglus would not do anything, just create thos two engine, windows and system)

this is the content of "windows" engine

<siglus_engine>
    <siglus_engine_main_window>
        <window_rect>29,100,995,668</window_rect>
    </siglus_engine_main_window>
</siglus_engine>

this is the content of "system" engine

// ****************************************************************
// SiglusEngine システム設定

// Direct3D: 使用するアダプタ番号
#D3D.ADAPTER_NO = 0

// Direct3D: 垂直同期を待つ
#D3D.PRESENT_INTERVAL = 1

// Direct3D: ミップマップの自動生成を行う
#D3D.AUTOGENMIPMAP = 1

// Direct3D: バックグラウンドで無音を再生し続ける
#D3D.PLAY_BACKSOUND = 0

-- the system engine caught up my attention since says "backsound = 0 and adapter_NO = 0 ... what would that mean? (i have no problems with my sound drivers as far as I know)

-- I hadn't try to shorten the rewrite path, never came to my mind, I'll do it then and tell you whats up

and not, both time i download it i stoped the seeding, indeed, I remove it from the torrent client.

-- the GPU is integrated so I cannot reinstall

-- yeah, I have graphic and sound driver fine, no problems with them (If that is what you meant Luch, and yea, they're updated)

EDIT: I forgot about the full path of rewrite on my pc; I have changed the path so many times, though, but after downloading again, I deleted all teh reg files from the previous one and let the new one create them and let it in the same folder it was from the begining, so the path would be C:\Users\Raydiris\Documents\My Downloads\[Fuwanovel] Rewrite\Rewrite\ (copy pasting from regedit, it's easier XD) and that would be

Second EDIT: results of teh scan with the cmd

"no integrity violations found"

"C:Windows System 32"

So windows is not the problem. Can you install the Intel HD driver again? Intregrated GPU had a driver . Please serch for it.

Did you try installing directx end user runtimes (june 2010) , can you try to install that and try it?

And uninstall your sound driver and gpu driver, after that run ccleaner.

Can u download CCleaner? And try running it, and clean the registry too.

Aftr that reinstall your driver .

My last attempt for you is to reinstall the windows . I think there is a problem with your gpu driver.

Cleaning the registry is up to you: it can cause problems. Look into it, and make an informed choice. That said, barring all the other advice given, maybe the registry values were incorrectly installed and are causing the issue.

So windows is not the problem. Can you install the Intel HD driver again? Intregrated GPU had a driver . Please serch for it.

Did you try installing directx end user runtimes (june 2010) , can you try to install that and try it?

And uninstall your sound driver and gpu driver, after that run ccleaner.

Can u download CCleaner? And try running it, and clean the registry too.

Aftr that reinstall your driver .

My last attempt for you is to reinstall the windows . I think there is a problem with your gpu driver.

have Ccleaner already, though i haven't clean the PC for like two weeks I think...

I have a certain problem uninstalling My sound driver.. See, My sound card (I mean, the hardware) It's an pretty old one, To get the drivers of it it's PRETTY difficult, i have not a back up of them ('cause it doesn't matter If I do one, My pc will just like delete them) and when I got my hands on windows 7, i got it without any sound drivers (the one whom helped me out didn't find the drivers neither on google), I was even going to call my dad (he's kinda a programmer) to tell him to change my OS and get me the drivers, but suddenly, windows itself updated the sound drive and voila, I have it, But I think this time I won't be this lucky.. so I would prefer not uninstalling that..

(I mean, I know they had a driver, I didn't meant i couldn't, I was kinda talking about of what i said above 'bout the sound card, but with the GPU as well, but not exactly the same, It's easy to find My gpu drivers though, but I think even If I do a back up, uninstall and install, I'll have a problem with the gpu, My pc it's kinda complicate in that aspect, the one whom knows why it's my dad, since he was the one who built it and never told me why it was so difficult to make the drivers work on my pc, excluding the reason of the sound card, as I already said it above)

I'll pass Ccleaner and tell you the results of everything

I'm downloading the directx june 2010

EDIT: I tried with the shorten path, didn't worked neither

Just finish with the directx 2010, installation and everything, didn't make the Siglus run neither

EDIT:

just before doing it, Shall i, on Ccleaner, activate the option which says "archivos de registro IIS" .. etto, on english would be "register files from IIS" on advanced options from the files to clean up.. ? (and if the answer is yes, may you please tell me what exactly does that option clean?, I mean, which register files?

EDIT: cleaned up the registry with cc and didn't work neither (Though I didn't activate the option i wrote above, but regedit was active)

last Edit on this post at least...

You know, just remembered when i read again i had a problem with my gpu, well, looooooooooooooooooooooong ago, before installing W7, I had a XP, obvious, but well, I was putting a RAM card that was broken (I was proving it to see if it still worked) and my gpu crashed, after that, the MB of my GPU lowered by 32mb I think,Though that was like two years ago, and after installing WXp again never had any problem; and after installing W7 like 6 month ago  had not neither, just the sound driver problem that it's always hard to find those drivers for my card and version of mother board)

The hell. Lol

Well even in intregrated gpu , rewrite should be working . But the siglus engine doesnt detect your hardware.

So yes . We cant help you at any point . But my attempt is you try the setup first in different pc and see its working or not.

If this dont helps then yes . Theres no , in any ways to help you regarding the errors . Because this is a hardware related problems .

Regarding your pc. What model is it ? If its a notebook and full spec on your pc .

Mmmm, destktop PC, right now I'm not in my house so, when I get home I'll edify but

Specs are
32bits
Windows7
1.5ram
3 2ghz processor
The GPU I'll check it out on Everest to see it's specs, same with sound values

It's a dell optiplex GX270

May I ask why would it be that siglos is not recognizing my hardware? As far as I know I haven't had any hardware problem with other visual novels, games, programs.. may I just have bad luck?

// SiglusEngine システム設定

// Direct3D: 使用するアダプタ番号

#D3D.ADAPTER_NO = 0

// Direct3D: 垂直同期を待つ

#D3D.PRESENT_INTERVAL = 1

// Direct3D: ミップマップの自動生成を行う

#D3D.AUTOGENMIPMAP = 1

// Direct3D: バックグラウンドで無音を再生し続ける

#D3D.PLAY_BACKSOUND = 0

This is basicaly the d3d cant find the adapter to emulate the game itself and the sound.

Check your gpu using dxdiag.

Edit : can you open the system.ini and changes all the value to 1 ?

This is basicaly the d3d cant find the adapter to emulate the game itself and the sound.

Then again I have the values exact same as Chaos and it's working fine.

D3D.ADAPTER_NO is the display adapter to use (in case multiple adapters).

D3D.PLAY_BACKSOUND is to play sounds while in background.

And Chaos you should check the manufacturer web page for driver updates.

Then again I have the values exact same as Chaos and it's working fine.

D3D.ADAPTER_NO is the display adapter to use (in case multiple adapters).

D3D.PLAY_BACKSOUND is to play sounds while in background.

And Chaos you should check the manufacturer web page for driver updates.

hmm , duh i got multiple adapter sorry for the misinformation.

the problem here , Chaos never actualy says what Graphic Driver Chaos had. try it.

Mm.. i think I should check the manufacturer page as you say luch (right now I'm not in my house but I will when I get home)

And luch, you say you have it the same and can run it without problem... mm but in any cases, yeah izanagi I could change the values... but since luch said it have it like that I don't know if it'll work
Edit: sorry for not saying my GPU driver version, as soon as I get home I'll tell you all the specs about it, I'll check it on everest, last night I was checking up but forgot to post

EDIT :

GPU information:

- Video Adapter    Intel 82865G Graphics Controller [A-2]

- DirectX Hardware Support    DirectX v7.0

- BIOS Version    Build Number: 2972 PC Dev    04/16/2003  13:01:21

- Vertex Shaders    1  (v1.1)

will that do? (dxdiag information and everest information are basically the same. everest have pretty much more though)

the fck? did i just see your gpu only support DX7??

seriously thats aleardy ancient pc (LOL)

i recommended you to buy GPU and put it there, just cheap one is all good. make sure its compatible with your motherboard or buy a new pc, a even better idea . lol

yess your setup got no problem at all , its your hardware.

hahahaha, hey he, now, I know it's quite old, I already knew that, but when I had WXP I could support a more advance Dx.. indeed, my gpu (still the same) when checking on everest would have better values than now that i have the W7... (may that be the drivers?)

EDIT: I know i have to buy a GPU.. problem is, i haven't bought one 'cause, with my Mother board, and all the problems findind the drivers i have had till now, I'm quite afraid buying one and having to even reinstall windows (It's quite a pain since it's a REAL pain find my sound drivers since THAT sound card it's PRETTY old though)... But as I said, in the past, just before getting my hand into W7 i used to have pretty much better values and support for my gpu, though it was the same hardware, not lying at all, I think that's a windows related problem since W7 consumes more thatn Xp (just my though) but.. even so.. I would be able to run any program, game or Vn so far with that values of mine, will that really be the problem? :/

--- If I update (though I already did some time in the past) wouldn't it... ?

---ah, and as I said before, remember I had a problem related to my gpu and a RAM that was broken that made the gpu crashed and got lowered it's specs...

EDIT: forgot to tell, I tried changing the values to 1 on the system.ini, didn't work... so.. as It's going to, i think that the problem really is my hardware, I'm feeling so impotent right now.. damn

nope , its your hardware , did you remember the sfc /scannow? it checks all your windows files and it got no problem.

i recommend you to buy a new pc or notebook.

it will not cost you these days , 300-400$ is aleardy good for playing VN.

but before any attempt to buy , can you try it on different pc first? a GPU that supports DX9 . just to make sure.

im sure it will run flawlessly without any problems.

http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/rewrite/product01.html According to the official website you need DX9, but whether that's referring to "version 9 of the graphics libraries" or "DX9 support in hardware" is not clear... and if your hardware is not sufficient it should raise a messagebox with an error message, instead of dying silently.

Anyone who has a VM and this game can try running there and see if its behaviour is also a silent fail, or if it does complain, or if it runs(!)

I think it's refering to version 9 of the graphics... and you're right, it should raise a message instead of dyiing that way... so may we assume the problem it's other then? (why I think it's version 9 and not support dirtxo9 it's the fact I can easily run other VN and other games which in terms of graphics are heavier than a VN... or does rewrite actually have that much of graphic content? ) if it does.. then the problem would end up being that of my hardware not supporting it...

EDIT: Dear lord, I saw again that page.... my graphic card should support d9 completely.... I translate it and saw everything... as it says it should support d9... that was the problem to begin with (I think) maybe the reason a message doesn't shows its because I have all the software specs, values and everything dine, it's just that my GPU does not support D9.....

Oh dear.. I think we got to a dead end here...

yes that's what i say, basicaly your hardware is the problem , the GPU itself.

and some of your vn dont use gpu at all but use CPU as the main render.

so your error is basicaly caused by the GPU that doesnt support the DirectX 9.

and for final attempt is instalation with different PC to prove that your hardware is the problem.

after you test it please report it , so we can close it :P

yes that's what i say, basicaly your hardware is the problem , the GPU itself.

and some of your vn dont use gpu at all but use CPU as the main render.

so your error is basicaly caused by the GPU that doesnt support the DirectX 9.

and for final attempt is instalation with different PC to prove that your hardware is the problem.

after you test it please report it , so we can close it :P

alright, thanks guys, all of you whom tried to help out with my problem..

guess I'll play this Vn when get my notebook, and yep, this weekend I'll prove it and tell you whats up

sorry for the troubles (can't believe it was something so simple as a hardware problem, it's kinda Ironic, inst' it? :P] )