SiglusEngine Problem (a new one..)

Chaos

Game name: Rewrite

Description of problem:

Ok, let's Begin, I downloaded the rewrite and everything, from here, the torrent; well whatever, let's go to the problem

first, make_rewrite_work2.bat doesn't work

second, I did downloaded the rewrite_reg.bat (Run as adm, works well)

Then, openned the siglusengine, nothing happens, doesn't Run..

Ok, I know for all of you this is a topic already closed... well, the reason I'm creating a new one it's because, before doing everything I did above (I mean, the rewrite_reg), i did  try all the threads I am going to put here...

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/855-rewrite-issue-in-windows-7/

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/717-rewrite-siglusengine-problem-solved/

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/1726-rewrite-trouble-with-rewrite-modifreg-solved/page-2

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/1605-problem-with-make-rewrite-work2-on-the-rewrite-download-solved/

(there are more, but just to especify I did try A LOT, and almost everything, not just posted in this forum, but in google in general)

From each, i read every single page.. and try every single possible solution

Then.. What Am I supposed to do now? ... 

I mean.. My siglus Engine doesn't Run, i run it, IT doesn't Run... run as adm, doesn't neither, try to do all that stuff with the regs files, nothing neither, try to create a folder on documens like This Key --- rewrite --- savedata, nothing.. (I have to say, that folder was already there,  i did not delete it, I just change places, and create a new one... )

So, tell me guys, Does somebody see what I am not doing, what would be the problem, or whatever? ... just per say, Don't bring up solutiosn from other topics, I already tried MOST of them, an nothing... I mean, NOTHING... Or idk, just help me out plz..

specs of my PC,

- 32 bit 

- Windows 7 

I think i shoulda start with that
.. of course I tried with the FAQ.... i started trying to solve the issues when i tried what is said en the faq and didnt work... 

... kaguya... may you tell me how could I find corrupted files? If anything, that's the only thing i think could be the reason... but just saying.. 'cause i did not touch anything out of what it was supposed to, so i hardly think that could actually be..

Right now I have all the files, reg, reg32, rewrite_modif (I force it out from the make_rewrite_work2) the rewrite_reg.bat

Indeed, I downloaded those files from another Link (I thingk You Kaguya was the one whom uploaded) and tried replacing the ones I had with those, and nothing, the same thing.

I have the original ones in a folder, waiting to be used, as many changes trying to fix the problem I did, just to be carefull I copied them and put it on another folder, just in case, right now, the regs files on regedit are the ones of rewrite_reg.bat and Reg and reg32 original.. and nothing neither...

Of course, Before all of that, I try step by step doing the solutions, with no results, that is just the outcome of everything i tried.. 

My problem is, SiglusEngine won't Run, I open it, and no reaction, doesn't matter if as adm or not or changes I do or not... 

(Yes, I tried turning off My Avast, just in case the question gets to your mind)

I think I have a serious problem here...

and thanks for your reply

Dude, sorry for being a bit rude but, dindt I said i already tried all the possibles solutions said on The forum?... saying and/or trying this as like I'm not doing that wont be... i mean, The links above (the ones wich redirect to many of this forum pages with lots of solutions for the problems with rewrite, the link you put include) in the original post... you didnt saw them.. did u? ...

how about redownloading the files? .

if this not work , can you tell us a bit more about your pc spec and what locale did you use?

Locale japanesse of course.. (finally on My pc, not on my phone XD, now I can write without the auto correct)

32 (Though I can use 64 but anyways) 

3.2 ghz

1.5gb Ram

windows 7 DO you need anything else?

I haven't tried re-downL 'cause they were two days on it.. and If i Cannot find a solution with the file I downloaded I hardly Think ReDownL will solve the problem, Though Im still going to try it If i can't definetely find a solution

Dude, sorry for being a bit rude but, dindt I said i already tried all the possibles solutions said on The forum?... saying and/or trying this as like I'm not doing that wont be... i mean, The links above (the ones wich redirect to many of this forum pages with lots of solutions for the problems with rewrite, the link you put include) in the original post... you didnt saw them.. did u? ...

If you look at your first post, you'll notice (before your edit) that you provided very little useful information for diagnosing your problem.  Cool off, and let's keep working on this.

Based off your specs, I've tried installing/using the game on a near-identical PC and had no problems.  I'm using the Fuwanovel download.  I suggest you redownload from Fuwanovel and -- should you run into more problems -- check the torrent for download errors.

If you look at your first post, you'll notice (before your edit) that you provided very little useful information for diagnosing your problem.  Cool off, and let's keep working on this.

Based off your specs, I've tried installing/using the game on a near-identical PC and had no problems.  I'm using the Fuwanovel download.  I suggest you redownload from Fuwanovel and -- should you run into more problems -- check the torrent for download errors.

well, My first post, I did not edit it, I just Organized the information a lil bit (like putting the game's name, and specifying the "description of the problem") well, anyways.. yea, i cooled off, sorry x_x it's just, that it's frustrating, trying up all the solutions that have came up on the forums (and on google.. other pages) and with no results...

Indeed I'm downloading again, but.. I want to try fixing this one because If I have the same problem after finishing the Redownloading... then, what then?

But, If the problem is something else, then trying figuring out first, would be best, that's why, even If I haven't finish the download.. trying alternative solutiosn May help a lot... I don't know If I explain myself right, but hope you got me.

well, My first post, I did not edit it, I just Organized the information a lil bit (like putting the game's name, and specifying the "description of the problem") well, anyways.. yea, i cooled off, sorry x_x it's just, that it's frustrating, trying up all the solutions that have came up on the forums (and on google.. other pages) and with no results...

Indeed I'm downloading again, but.. I want to try fixing this one because If I have the same problem after finishing the Redownloading... then, what then?

But, If the problem is something else, then trying figuring out first, would be best, that's why, even If I haven't finish the download.. trying alternative solutiosn May help a lot... I don't know If I explain myself right, but hope you got me.

I totally understand!  Rewrite is awesome.  I'd want to get at it ASAP, too, if I was having problems!  (I'm not done with it yet -- it's pretty long -- but the game clearly deserves the stellar reviews it's received.)

Like Luch said, try rechecking your torrent files on the initial download.  Hopefully it's as simple as a corrupted or missing file.  If not, I really hope the Fuwanovel version works for you -- like I said, I just tried it and it worked with no problems on a very similar machine for me.

Keep us updated!

Here is what i did:

1.Downloaded game from Fuwanovel's torrent

2.Copied the hole folder with the game inside it to another harddrive (so i could play and seed it at the same time)

3:Opened the folder and ran "Make_Rewrite_Work2.bat"

4:Ran the "rewrite-r4.exe" patch.

5:Opened up "region and language" went to the administrativ tab and changed system locale to japanese.

6: Reboot and opened "SiglusEngine.exe" worked like a charm. 

Run both the bat's and exe's as Admin.

Here is what i did:

1.Downloaded game from Fuwanovel's torrent

2.Copied the hole folder with the game inside it to another harddrive (so i could play and seed it at the same time)

3:Opened the folder and ran "Make_Rewrite_Work2.bat"

4:Ran the "rewrite-r4.exe" patch.

5:Opened up "region and language" went to the administrativ tab and changed system locale to japanese.

6: Reboot and opened "SiglusEngine.exe" worked like a charm. 

Run both the bat's and exe's as Admin.

Ditto.  Here's hoping it works for Chaos.

I totally understand!  Rewrite is awesome.  I'd want to get at it ASAP, too, if I was having problems!  (I'm not done with it yet -- it's pretty long -- but the game clearly deserves the stellar reviews it's received.)

Like Luch said, try rechecking your torrent files on the initial download.  Hopefully it's as simple as a corrupted or missing file.  If not, I really hope the Fuwanovel version works for you -- like I said, I just tried it and it worked with no problems on a very similar machine for me.

Keep us updated!

Yea, actually, the plot caught up my attention from the first time i read it.. That's Why I'm so frustrated it doesn't work;

the download it's on 30% already and, What you said, trying to play it on a likely hardrive (I was going to do it, in a friend of mine PC)

And, the VN, I downloaded from fuanovels from the begining :P

Luch -- (No corrupted or missing file on the torrent) (No incomplete downloaded neither)

By the way, let me ask, just because caught up my attetiong what Ditto said; does running the rewrite_r4 patch first and then opening the .bat have any diferences on it than opening first the .bat and THEN the rewrite_r4? maybe I could try that (Or maybe that's what I did, Don't remember correctly, I think I openned the .bat didn't work, so I applied the patch and tried again, and nothing neither, but in any meanings, downloaded and tried with the rewrite_reg.bat and nothing)

thanks everyone for your answers

There is no need to run rewrite-r4.exe at all. That is the english patch which is already installed to the game. You only need to run the .bat file and then SiglusEngine.

Well, in any cases, runing the .bat never worked for me, and after downloading and succesfully opening the rewrite_reg.bat (since make_rewrite_work2 never worked for me) the sigulusEngine never openned, neither with my avast off nor runing as adm, no currupted files, no missing files, tried every possible solution on the forum, nothing.. it's like negating itself to open no matter what I do (Though I'm downloading again, I hardly think that is the problem) and the reg files are well located (I mean, the directory) so...

Yea, I finish downloading the novel, again, just about now, so Imma compress and pass it to my friends PC so I can try over and see, but in any cases, before it, i want to know If I may delete the reg files on regedit that are from the previous novel, and IDk, the previous did not have any corripted files nor missing files, but still...

Well! As I thought, redownloading the file wouldn't make it Run, of course, locale japanesse, Run .bat, wouldn't run, so run reg and reg32 and runing rewrite_reg.bat then, watting, and TaDAAAN, the same as when the first rewrite i downloaded, siglus Engine won't react at me.

I haven't tried any of the solutions posted on the forum yet with this new rewrite because I want it to be virgen still, just in any case, but anyways, nothing I do seems to work out... (and yes, I do have "documens---key---rewrite---savedata" folder). Imma cry if I cannot play this :(

Now I'm just going to try it on my friends PC and see what happens...

and sorry for the troubles guys

already delete them (teh rewrite ones, I have other novel's savedata folders) but they're not on the "documents" folder, they're directly on C:/ and have like three folders before gettiong to them

then I supposed creating a new savedata folder on documents for rewrite, am I wrong? which, per say,  did not have to since when trying opening the siglus after deleting the rwrite savedata folder, it create a new one... So.. Nop, didn't work

so did you try install in your friends pc? im just gonna make sure the setup is not corrupted.

the last attempt from me is to clean install your windows and reinstalling all the file you need.

did you aleardy installed directx?  

did you try downloading the partial patch again on amaterasu and patched it again?