Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

I've killed The Old Iron King, The Lost Sinner, and The Rotten. 

You're on the right path then, the Shaded Woods leads right to Brightstone Cove Tseldora where the Duke's Dear Freja is.

After that you have to go to Drangleic castle and the Shrine of Amana, once you get to the Dragon Shrine then the backtracking starts.

My advice is to buy plenty of heavy arrows/bolts and poison arrows/bolts from Gavlan when you meet him midway inbetween the Shaded Woods and Tseldora before going to Drangleic or Amana.

Edit: Also, what's a good one-handed melee weapon (Preferably sword)? I've been using Broadsword and Heide Knight Sword for so long now.

I suppose it really depends on how your stats are distributed, but Katana's are nice as is the Sun sword that you get from giving 20 sunlight medals in the Heirs of the sun covenant. You can get a Blacksteel Katana from farming the Alonne Knights in the Iron keep, or buy an Uchigatana from McDuff in the Bastille.

I suppose it really depends on how your stats are distributed, but Katana's are nice as is the Sun sword that you get from giving 20 sunlight medals in the Heirs of the sun covenant. You can get a Blacksteel Katana from farming the Alonne Knights in the Iron keep, or buy an Uchigatana from McDuff in the Bastille.

Got both the katanas, but they are weaker than my broadsword. Can't get the sun sword, seeing as I don't have the money for a legit Dark Souls 2. 

Seath, I've finished Iron Keep and am in the Shaded Woods. How much is left?

I'm not Seath, but quite a lot 

Got both the katanas, but they are weaker than my broadsword. Can't get the sun sword, seeing as I don't have the money for a legit Dark Souls 2. 

To be honest, I like the bastard sword, I've fully upgraded it and I'm still using it in NG+, I'm going to swap it out for a lance later, but it's still a really nice weapon 

Well it's still obtainable just very difficult without going to NG+ to farm falconers who drop sunlight medals.

Unfortunately most of the one handed swords in this game scale with dex primarily, and the heavy weapons scale with str. The Uchigatana would do more damage than the Broadsword if you had higher dex.

The only other good str scaling sword that I believe is a straightsword would be the red rust sword that you can get from Vengarl's head from killing his body, but that is after the Duke's Dear Freja boss.

Unfortunately most of the one handed swords in this game scale with dex primarily, and the heavy weapons scale with str. The Uchigatana would do more damage than the Broadsword if you had higher dex.

What if my dex and str is the same? And what if they're at the highest? (The stat cap is 99, right?)

The only other good str scaling sword that I believe is one handed would be the red rust sword that you can get from Vengarl's head from killing his body, but that is after the Duke's Dear Freja boss.

I see. Maybe I should try 2-handed x shield.

What if my dex and str is the same? And what if they're at the highest? (The stat cap is 99, right?)

I see. Maybe I should try 2-handed x shield.

Don't think that there is a stat cap, but if you have all of your stats around the same level then you'll want to take your weapon to McDuff and infuse it with a Mundane attribute to get the most damage. (that is all of your stats)

If the sword has a bad grade in a certain stat then you won't get as much damage from the weapon by pumping that stat. Also stats have diminishing returns past 40 so going beyond that initially in most things isn't really a good idea, but it is sometimes necessary for things like spells.

You can wield anything in one hand but you just have to have the stats required to do so. So if you are fine with heavy swords they are also an option. It will just be a slower attack.

To be honest, I like the bastard sword, I've fully upgraded it and I'm still using it in NG+, I'm going to swap it out for a lance later, but it's still a really nice weapon 

Yeah, the Bastard sword is good, but I like the claymore better. There is also the Zweihander and its reach. ^_^

You can purchase a claymore from Vengarl's head in the shaded woods.

Don't think that there is a stat cap, but if you have all of your stats around the same level then you'll want to take your weapon to McDuff and infuse it with a Mundane attribute to get the most damage. (that is all of your stats)

If the sword has a bad grade in a certain stat then you won't get as much damage from the weapon by pumping that stat. Also stats have diminishing returns past 40 so going beyond that initially in most things isn't really a good idea, but it is sometimes necessary for things like spells.

You can wield anything in one hand but you just have to have the stats required to do so. So if you are fine with heavy swords they are also an option. It will just be a slower attack.

Yeah, the Bastard sword is good, but I like the claymore better. There is also the Zweihander and its reach. ^_^

You can purchase a claymore from Vengarl's head in the shaded woods.

Ill try it out, though I'll probably stick with the bastard sword until I can get the Grand Lance

Gonna try and get the Drangleic sword, since it's apparently quite fast for a 2-handed.

What armor are you using?

I used Elite Knight armor for a long time, and I just swapped it out for Alonne Captain Head and Armor, and Alonne Knight Leggings & Gauntlets. Gonna try and find the Harvel armor when I get home from school.

Gonna try and get the Drangleic sword, since it's apparently quite fast for a 2-handed.

I used Elite Knight armor for a long time, and I just swapped it out for Alonne Captain Head and Armor, and Alonne Knight Leggings & Gauntlets. Gonna try and find the Harvel armor when I get home from school.

Havel is good, but it weighs a ton, (The shield and body the most) the total set weighs 70

Still, Sorcerers ftw ;o

Sorcerers are too OP in this one.

Haven't had much of a nerf either other than the Moonlight Greatsword nerf. I remember infusing my Magic Staff +5 with a magic infusion and then hitting things with soul geyser for over 2k dmg.

Come to think of it, you don't have any of the patches do you Ouraibaa? The shrine of Amana is liable to piss you off if not.

Haven't had much of a nerf either other than the Moonlight Greatsword nerf. I remember infusing my Magic Staff +5 with a magic infusion and then hitting things with soul geyser for over 2k dmg.

Come to think of it, you don't have any of the patches do you Ouraibaa? The shrine of Amana is liable to piss you off if not.

I have version 1.2.

I don't think that Amana was patched until 1.4.  :(

The sorcery of enemies in Amana was its own special brand of bullshit.

Dude, dragon aerie now that is bullshit. Flames go through all the rocks and if you happen to get hit You die in like 2 hits (And ofcourse that's how long the attack lasts.. Enough to hit you twice) lets not talk about invisible barriers blocking arrows when you try to snipe from a some-what safe area. Hated it on my first playthrough, still hate it on my second. The only worthwhile thing in this entire area is the high about of blue crystal lizards. Sorry if this sounds like bashing 

Does the bug exist in the PC version?

Idk, but before it was nerfed the tracking on their homing spells was so good that you could run completely in a circle around it, and go around corners to avoid it, yet still get hit by magic that has no limit to the distance it can travel. Sure you can dodge magic, but the way the level is designed limits your I-Frames when you roll. On the console version I was often sniped by sorcerers from beyond my view distance.

It was ridiculous because not even player homing spells can track you at a full 360 degrees there is just nothing to compare it to.