Will these ever get translations?

Naku-Chan

I don't know where I can make suggestions to have games translated so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. There are a few games I hoped would be translated but I don't know if they ever will and I would really like them to be. One being the Higurashi no naku koro ni Sui for the Playstation 3. I believe it combines all the games from the PS2 and others. It looked like there was even choices too which really interested me. I wanted to get the game myself but it's going for around 70 dollars on ebay, and even if I did get it I wouldn't be able to read it. I know there are patches that you can put in the PC versions of the game but it just wouldn't be the same. Especially since I really want to see the CG scenes. 

Another game I was interested in was PersonA, not to be confused with the ATLUS franchise. This one is pretty much of VN version of 'The Phantom of the Opera" and I was like "WOAH! I love Phantom of the Opera!" but I'm not too keen on the H-scenes....*uneasy shuddering*. Still, I am curious if it will ever get an English translation...maybe a censored patch...(that may be asking for the impossible)..

3rd one is Harem Tengoku da to Omottara Yandere Jigoku Datta for Ps3. Yes I know it has a translated LP thanks to the lovely Verdelish but it would be nice if I would be able to play it myself and make my own choices. Not a huge request but just something I kind of was interested in for a while.

That is all that I can think of that I'm interested in for now. Thanks for taking the time to read. :3

The last person that made a similar question around here got trolled in a pretty nasty way, be wary. ;]

Hirugashi is licensed to MangaGamer, you should probably ask them. It's unlikely anyone would start a fan translation project for it now. For the other two... There some project listed on VNDB on Harem Tengoku, you can search the web for more information. Mirai's otome titles seem to be completely untouched both by the fan translators and by the western publishers, so I wouldn't expect them to show up around here anytime soon.

40 minutes ago, Naku-Chan said:

I don't know where I can make suggestions to have games translated so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. There are a few games I hoped would be translated but I don't know if they ever will and I would really like them to be. One being the Higurashi no naku koro ni Sui for the Playstation 3. I believe it combines all the games from the PS2 and others. It looked like there was even choices too which really interested me. I wanted to get the game myself but it's going for around 70 dollars on ebay, and even if I did get it I wouldn't be able to read it. I know there are patches that you can put in the PC versions of the game but it just wouldn't be the same. Especially since I really want to see the CG scenes. 

You simply can't fan-translate a PS3 game without porting it on PC. It's impossible due to the technical limitations. And the company that released it went bankrupt, so it probably won't be officially localized either. So, no.

And, from what I heard, the new arcs aren't very good anyway.

Edited by Dreamysyu

2 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

You simply can't fan-translate a PS3 game without porting it on PC. It's impossible due to the technical limitations. And the company that released it went bankrupt, so it probably won't be officially localized either. So, no.

And, from what I heard, the new arcs aren't very good anyway.

Oh no I didn't expect to be able to play it in english on the ps3 I understand it would have had to be ported on PC. Wait so both of the companies that made Harem Heaven/Yandere HEll and the Higurashi PS3 vns went bankrupt?

4 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

The last person that made a similar question around here got trolled in a pretty nasty way, be wary. ;]

Hirugashi is licensed to MangaGamer, you should probably ask them. It's unlikely anyone would start a fan translation project for it now. For the other two... There some project listed on VNDB on Harem Tengoku, you can search the web for more information. Mirai's otome titles seem to be completely untouched both by the fan translators and by the western publishers, so I wouldn't expect them to show up around here anytime soon.

Thank you for the advice I will keep that in mind. Also I love your profile pic. :3

7 minutes ago, Naku-Chan said:

Oh no I didn't expect to be able to play it in english on the ps3 I understand it would have had to be ported on PC. Wait so both of the companies that made Harem Heaven/Yandere HEll and the Higurashi PS3 vns went bankrupt?

I was talking about Higurashi. I thought it was released by Alchemist (which went bankrupt), but, apparently, it was this company, which is also marked as "closed" on VNDB. Well, it depends on who owns the rights on Sui right now. Most likely, the official localization will never happen.

As for fan-tls, I don't know. Well, the common knowledge is that the original arcs are pretty bad anyway, so it's probably not worth it.

Edited by Dreamysyu

Just now, Dreamysyu said:

I was talking about Higurashi. I though it was released by Alchemist (which went bankrupt), but, apparently, it was by this company, which is also marked as "closed" on VNDB. Well, it depends on who owns the rights on Sui right now. Most likely, it will never happen.

As for fan-tls, I don't know. Well, the common knowledge is that the original arcs are pretty bad anyway, so it's probably not worth it.

I'd be willing to read it if it ever does get translated. I love the series that much I even watched Kira...ugh. XD

Just now, Naku-Chan said:

I'd be willing to read it if it ever does get translated. I love the series that much I even watched Kira...ugh. XD

Well, there is a project about adding some extra arcs to the Steam version of Higurashi. I don't really understand why you don't like it, but I'm not particularly interested in it anymore to be honest, so maybe I'm missing something.

Mangagamer is releasing Higurashi Hou (which includes some PC arcs), and there is a fan TL being worked on other arcs - they have even released one already. You have to own a steam/mangagamer release in order to play it, but here you have the patches: https://github.com/07th-mod Don't forget it is a fan project, not an official release. Alchemist are now gone, so the PS3 versions will probably never see the sunlight through MangaGamer.

5 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Well, there is a project about adding some extra arcs to the Steam version of Higurashi. I don't really understand why you don't like it, but I'm not particularly interested in it anymore to be honest, so maybe I'm missing something.

Kira is an anime-only arc that only serves the purpose of fan servicing the series. It has zero plot and all episodes are completely useless in any mean, and could be 100% avoided. The only good thing, for me at least, is the opening, which pretty much warns you the level of content you should expect from the OVAs.

OP below. I'd recommend watching it at least for the fun rhytmn :P

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Silvz said:

Kira is an anime-only arc that only serves the purpose of fan servicing the series. It has zero plot and all episodes are completely useless in any mean, and could be 100% avoided. The only good thing, for me at least, is the opening, which pretty much warns you the level of content you should expect from the OVAs.

OP below. I'd recommend watching it at least for the fun rhytmn :P

Reveal hidden contents

I completely forgot that Higurashi had an SoL anime made about it. Excuse me while I go deal with that concept.

8 hours ago, Silvz said:

Ah, yeah, I know about Kira, but I wasn't talking about it. Actually, I guess, I misunderstood some things. I was talking about this:

10 hours ago, Naku-Chan said:

I know there are patches that you can put in the PC versions of the game but it just wouldn't be the same. Especially since I really want to see the CG scenes. 

I thought, the OP knew about 07th-mod project and wasn't considering a true adaptation for Sui for some reason. But now, as I think more carefully about it, this was probably referring to the PS2 patches for the old PC version. From what I know, both the new patches for the original PC arcs, and the extra arcs port (I think?) actually have CGs, as well as character voices. So, yeah, @Naku-Chan, the project you were talking about actually already exists. Sorry if I confused you.

And, by the way, some of the extra arcs from Sui were based on the manga-original arcs for Higurashi, Onisarashi-hen and Yoigoshi-hen. You may check them out if you still haven't. While I didn't really like the second manga, Onisarashi is pretty great, and it has exactly the same feeling about it as the main story of Higurashi. From what I know, Sui adapts Yoigoshi as it is, while Onisarashi is divided into a question arc and an answer arc in the usual Higurashi style.

Edited by Dreamysyu