Top 5 threads of Top Xs lists on Fuwanovel (in no particular order)

Chewy

In the recent days, Fuwans have noticed a steady increase in Top 5, 10, 20s, 50s posts across many boards, especially within "Recommendations".

Welcome to WatchMojo.com and today, we'll be counting down our picks for the "Top 5 threads of Top Xs lists on Fuwanovel" (in no particular order)

5. Top 5 Fuwa member that got me thinking... by Huang Ling Yin

This post exists only to capitalise on the recent trends of top Xs on Fuwanovel. It may seem like a useless post but in fact, the deeper you look, the more meta this is with plenty of snarky references. Needing some areas to improve in, this post needs a larger kick to it than the rest of our posts, however, as this top 5 list chooses not to reveal its ordering of the top 5s, we will not make further comment on how it is relative to the other 4 posts.

4. Top 5 VNs you should avoid. by Asonn

This post was nominated not due to the choices or the legitimate vns to steer clear of, with a clear thought out reasoning nor is it due to this being labelled as a shitpost and moved to the coliseum for 20 minutes. Rather it is due to the Community's backlash, especially when it comes to Hoshizora no Memoria and its place on this list. 

3. Dergonu's top 10 dark VNs to read before you die by Dergonu

At first glance, this is a post simply about Dergonu's attempt to capitalise on the new trend too, as seen through his opening line "People have been making 'Top X' Lists recently..." and his failed attempt at padding his list with 40 filler VNs as seen "I couldn't fit 50 games onto the list", prioritising quality>quantity. However, upon closer inpsection, one may notice that Dergonu is simply trying to brainwash the weak minded through his innocent seeming post, recommending "dark VNs". However, he slips up as he says "to read before you die", as this highlights his true objective when making this thread, to paradoxically kill those who dare read his recommendations and then getting off to this idea for the following weeks.

2. 50 translated VNs you should read before you die by Kaguya

People may be surprised to see an OG post on this top 5 list, however, let me explain. Kaguya's post transcends time and is still an item of popular debate to this day. His effort in handpicking 50 translated VNs in days where there were little translated VNs, and even less gems among these, Kaguya not only listed but also justified each visual novel he placed on the list, giving insight into which one he recommends to people to read. This truly is, and may forever be, the post that started it all as well as the best, longest standing top X list on Fuwanovel. However, this Top 5 list does not aim to persuade others which of these picks are the best and hence, we have chosen to leave all these picks unordered. However, with old things comes newer, better versions. As this was a list from 2013, many many visual novels have since been translated and reviewed by the warm, kind community of Fuwanovel. With that said, let's move on to some honorable mentions:

Honorable mentions

1. 50 VNs in English that you should try at least once by littleshogun

I believe no one is surprised to see littleshogun's recent post, the new and improved update to kaguya's post. littleshogun, with his vision of not only following in kaguya's footsteps of cramming in 50 visual novels, chooses that Kaguya's format is too convoluted, opting to instead not only remove and order (as Kaguya had done before), but even remove all reasonings to give all his Visual Novel recommendations a chance as the reader will now choose to simply pick a number between 1-50 and read that visual novel, much simpler than glancing through all of Kaguya's recommendations and one-line justifications where possible. This truly is the post of a lifetime, a renewal of an old, familiar post and updating it several years later, combining the old and the new to truly produce a top 50 list that has made it to our number one spot today on "Top 5 threads of Top Xs lists on Fuwanovel"

If this Top 5 is well received, I will up it to a top 10!

Do you agree with our list? Which Top X's threads do you think are the Top 5 on Fuwanovel? For new Top 5s published everyday, be sure to come on down and subscribe to WatchMojo.com.

Edited by Chewy

4 hours ago, Chewy said:

However, upon closer inpsection, one may notice that Dergonu is simply trying to brainwash the weak minded through his innocent seeming post, recommending "dark VNs". However, he slips up as he says "to read before you die", as this highlights his true objective when making this thread, to paradoxically kill those who dare read his recommendations and then getting off to this idea for the following weeks.

Who do you work for?! WHO DID YOU TALK TO?!

It's me. They know. I repeat, they know.