Need a suggestion on what to pick up after Koiken Otome...

Strike105X

I'm at a bit of a loss on what to pick up after koiken otome, I want something that doesn't just stick to daily life and has some out of the ordinary elements (like super powers, or the protagonist being put in some out of the ordinary situations and such) but still also focusing on retaining a heart warming relationship like in koiken otome with the girl or girls (if its multiple routes), fantasy is another thing that might work nice as long as there's also romance to that degree, last but not least i want something that feels more positive, not like Muv-Luv Alternative :P (awesome novel but to tragic for my current state of mind, not that i want to avoid tragedy completely but keep it in moderation :p).

Please this time only English translated recommendations, be it official or fan translations, this is what i played:

Majikoi, Chusingura, Koiken Otome, G-Senjou no Maou, Noble Works, Chrono Clock, Kamidori Alchemy Meister, Koihime Musou, Comyu (didn't properly finish even one route but somehow the mood it sets isn't what i'm looking now).

EDIT: A small update on my request, it seems that i've become interested in a certain theme:

Btw speaking of Koiken Otome, i'm now playing revive, (currently feeling a bit burned out on using translators and such which is why i'm only asking for english translated ones), and i really love Chiyoda's route, i don't mind even if its without any fantastic or super power elements, is there another novel where there's a big focus on either the protagonist or the heroine focusing on taking care of one another ?

Edited by Strike105X

3 hours ago, Strike105X said:

I'm at a bit of a loss on what to pick up after koiken otome, I want something that doesn't just stick to daily life and has some out of the ordinary elements (like super powers, or the protagonist being put in some out of the ordinary situations and such) but still also focusing on retaining a heart warming relationship like in koiken otome with the girl or girls (if its multiple routes), fantasy is another thing that might work nice as long as there's also romance to that degree, last but not least i want something that feels more positive, not like Muv-Luv Alternative :P (awesome novel but to tragic for my current state of mind, not that i want to avoid tragedy completely but keep it in moderation :p).

Please this time only English translated recommendations, be it official or fan translations, this is what i played:

Majikoi, Chusingura, Koiken Otome, G-Senjou no Maou, Noble Works, Chrono Clock, Kamidori Alchemy Meister, Koihime Musou, Comyu (didn't properly finish even one route but somehow the mood it sets isn't what i'm looking now).

Seems like you want a semi-chuuni romance (that is happy).

Try Gakthun, which is very slice of lifey, while being mostly happy and it has some fantasy elements.

Princess Waltz and 11 eyes, also fit what you are looking for, though they aren't great tbh

Most of the games I play have horrible, horrible shit happen to the characters (I still cant get over the Cartagra bad endings), but these ones are at least mostly happy.

Edited by Akshay

2 hours ago, Akshay said:

Most of the games I play have horrible, horrible shit happen to the characters (I still cant get over the Cartagra bad endings), but these ones are at least mostly happy.

If there are good endings in some of those novels and some fit my recommendation then NP, that's because i don't go for the bad endings :p. The only exception was Princess X because i had no idea in that one even from the guide what was a good ending and what was a bad ending lol. But i do admit i got an interest in 11eyes.

1 hour ago, Shiru said:

I think this one fits the bills. Just got an english release a few days ago :)

Does the release also feature Sigma ? Out of curiosity ? Also i saw the "one true ending" tag, is it in the lines of G-Senjou No Maou where except the main route the rest are somewhat mediocre ?

2 hours ago, Shiru said:

I think this one fits the bills. Just got an english release a few days ago :)

1 hour ago, Strike105X said:

If there are good endings in some of those novels and some fit my recommendation then NP, that's because i don't go for the bad endings :p. The only exception was Princess X because i had no idea in that one even from the guide what was a good ending and what was a bad ending lol. But i do admit i got an interest in 11eyes.

Does the release also feature Sigma ? Out of curiosity ? Also i saw the "one true ending" tag, is it in the lines of G-Senjou No Maou where except the main route the rest are somewhat mediocre ?

Leyline is a trilogy. Wait for the other two to be released before you binge it. (Early next year)

2 hours ago, Strike105X said:

Does the release also feature Sigma ?

I think that's enough recommendations for now, so instead I'll just answer this question. As for this release, there's no Sigma because she was PSV exclusive character, and it was just recently released (At this year). Tokeijikake translation effort was already started since back at 2013, so there's no way that there'll be PSV port to PC there. Hope it could answer your question.

Btw speaking of Koiken Otome, i'm now playing revive, (currently feeling a bit burned out on using translators and such which is why i'm only asking for english translated ones), and i really love Chiyoda's route, i don't mind even if its without any fantastic or super power elements, is there another novel where there's a big focus on either the protagonist or the heroine focusing on taking care of one another ?

On 25.12.2017 at 5:19 PM, Strike105X said:

Chiyoda is pretty great (/ω\)

If this is the new criteria, then Makina's route in Grisaia no Kajitsu fits very well. The only problem being that Kajitsu has a very long common route, and the "taking care of" element doesn't start until Makina's route, after said long common route. Still, her route is a perfect fit, so if you're okay with waiting a bit before that element kicks in, it's a good choice. (Also, the other routes kinda fits under the same criteria, but to a lesser extent.)

On 25/12/2017 at 1:20 PM, Strike105X said:

The only exception was Princess X because i had no idea in that one even from the guide what was a good ending and what was a bad ending lol.

Is my guide that bad ;_;

Came here just to do this

9 hours ago, Strike105X said:

lol, actually back then your guide was still incomplete :p, remember that there where some locked content that we all figured out together, you even credited me in your Princess X guide :p.

i know I was Joking xoD, still thanks for the help.