Finished my first VN, Now I need recomendations

Maxtrix

Hi, Recently I finished If my heart had wings, is my first VN that I played 100% thanks to kotaku to let me know about this game with a review and fuwanovel team for restore the original content.

Now I want to play a similar VN and with the same hd CG like this great VN.

What do you recommend me?

If you liked Rewrite you may like some other games by Key. Clannad is considered their best, Kanon is up there too, and the English patch of Air just came out.

Really? I've always gotten the idea that "Rewrite" had surpassed it in people's eyes, but maybe that's because I prefer it. (For now: I've not finished "Clannad".)

Really? I've always gotten the idea that "Rewrite" had surpassed it in people's eyes, but maybe that's because I prefer it. (For now: I've not finished "Clannad".)

In my experience, it's difficult to get a consensus on which game is Key's best. 3 different people will give you 3 different answers. It's as if each game resonates with a different section of gamers.

To me, Clannad swung viciously from incredibly funny to really boring back to incredibly funny. It was an incredibly inconsistent and frustrating experience. I ended up dropping it 10 minutes into afterstory. Kanon, however, constantly had me in tears and is still my favourite Key game.

In my experience, it's difficult to get a consensus on which game is Key's best. 3 different people will give you 3 different answers. It's as if each game resonates with a different section of gamers.

To me, Clannad swung viciously from incredibly funny to really boring back to incredibly funny. It was an incredibly inconsistent and frustrating experience. I ended up dropping it 10 minutes into afterstory. Kanon, however, constantly had me in tears and is still my favourite Key game.

It's the same with me, only my frustration was solely caused by Kyou's horrible route, and "Rewrite" had me on the edge of my seat for so damn long that my arse and chair were both broken.

>dropping Key VNs after liking another Key VN.
Well, putting this guy's attention span aside, I'd recommend Little Busters first and foremost. I feel like it's fun, relatable, and not too long or difficult to read. Jun Maeda's writing in After Story combined with some potential machine translation in the VN might've been too much for Rooke =p

This chart is pretty useful: http://i3.minus.com/ibyiFZk1vkwSQI.png
Top VNs from VNDB: http://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=tagspoil-0;o=d;s=rating
Fuwanovel and something are probably the quickest sites to get some of these VNs.
I'd also recommend Ever17, Symphonic Rain, Clannad, G-senjou no Maou, Steins;Gate, Grisaia no Kaijutsu, Fate/Stay Night, Hoshizora no Memoria, Planetarian, Saya no Uta, Sharin no Kuni.
The Muv-Luv trilogy is long but worth it if you can get past the first VN.

Whatever visual novel you pick, OP, try to stick to it and finish it before starting another one.
Most visual novels are structured to have the better written routes, story arcs, and climactic impact at the end.
In my experience, most start out kind of boring. I'm bored pretty easily, but the reward in the parts of VNs that I find enjoyable is well worth the sometimes tedious adventure. I don't think there's a VN I've played that I felt was worse towards the end than in the beginning, besides Rewrite.

>dropping Key VNs after liking another Key VN.

Well, putting this guy's attention span aside, I'd recommend Little Busters first and foremost. I feel like it's fun, relatable, and not too long or difficult to read. Jun Maeda's writing in After Story combined with some potential machine translation in the VN might've been too much for Rooke =p

Twas the characters mate, twas the characters and their routes. I won't go into detail because it's boring so I'll just leave it at 'I didn't care for the characters in Clannad'. Weeelll, except for Nagisa's parents. And Misae (the only route in the game I enjoyed.)

Oh hey, Little Busters. Another Key game I never finished :P . Key's games are unnecessarily long, it's as if the writers get paid by the word. They do, don't they? Come on, out with it, the more verbose they are the more they get paid, right?

It's the same with me, only my frustration was solely caused by Kyou's horrible route

I completely understand.

Some fans of Clannad consider Kyou and Ryou to be the best route. I, however, thought they were the worst characters in the game, but then again

love triangles

bore the pants off me..... Actually, that's far too mild a phrase for the mind-numbing tedium these sorts of stories bring forth in my psyche, but it will have to do. I'm not at my best right now.

I suppose different strokes for different folks and all that.

And why do the spoiler tags take up an entire line? Not complaining, it's just weird.

Twas the characters mate, twas the characters and their routes. I won't go into detail because it's boring so I'll just leave it at 'I didn't care for the characters in Clannad'. Weeelll, except for Nagisa's parents. And Misae (the only route in the game I enjoyed.)

Oh hey, Little Busters. Another Key game I never finished :P/>/>/>/> . Key's games are unnecessarily long, it's as if the writers get paid by the word. They do, don't they? Come on, out with it, the more verbose they are the more they get paid, right?

I completely understand.

Some fans of Clannad consider Kyou and Ryou to be the best route. I, however, thought they were the worst characters in the game, but then again

love triangles

bore the pants off me..... Actually, that's far too mild a phrase for the mind-numbing tedium these sorts of stories bring forth in my psyche, but it will have to do. I'm not at my best right now.

I suppose different strokes for different folks and all that.

And why do the spoiler tags take up an entire line? Not complaining, it's just weird.

Love triangles: making priorly respectable characters act retardedly since the dawn of romantic literature.

Edited by solidbatman
Mild spoilers

Thanks all of you for the recommendations, Recently I downloaded Grisaia no Kajitsu, has good graphics and a professional quality translation :D, but is not that I'm looking for.

For the key's VN, I've seen all of the anime adaptations (Clannad (my personal favorite), Kannon, Air and Little busters).

Now I'm dowloading Cross Channel, Rewrite, Hoshizora no Memoria (The plot is very like kono oosora :lol: ), Hourglass of Summer

What do you think about Cross Channel and Hourglass of Summer?

Thanks all of you for the recommendations, Recently I downloaded Grisaia no Kajitsu, has good graphics and a professional quality translation :D/>, but is not that I'm looking for.

For the key's VN, I've seen all of the anime adaptations (Clannad (my personal favorite), Kannon, Air and Little busters).

Now I'm dowloading Cross Channel, Rewrite, Hoshizora no Memoria (The plot is very like kono oosora :lol:/> ), Hourglass of Summer

What do you think about Cross Channel and Hourglass of Summer?

If you can't handle the verbose writing in Grisiaia, you won't last more than a few minutes in Cross Channel. CC was practically personal preparation for Grisaia, for me. From what I played of Konosora, it seemed to have a similar premise to Grisaia and Sharin no Kuni, but with a more beta protagonist. You're probably just thrown off by the good writing.

Try the LB VN, because the anime sucked, or maybe some of the other stuff I mentioned.

Hoshimemo was pretty good anyway.

Never heard of Hourglass of Summer.

If you can't handle the verbose writing in Grisiaia, you won't last more than a few minutes in Cross Channel. CC was practically personal preparation for Grisaia, for me. From what I played of Konosora, it seemed to have a similar premise to Grisaia and Sharin no Kuni, but with a more beta protagonist. You're probably just thrown off by the good writing.

Try the LB VN, because the anime sucked, or maybe some of the other stuff I mentioned.

Hoshimemo was pretty good anyway.

Never heard of Hourglass of Summer.

Grisasia is not that I don't like it, It's great but I need time (over 50 hours that I don't have) :( .

Hoshimemo I think is the way to be.

¿Where site do you buy the original VN games?

Well if you don't mind something on the more darker/supernatural side of things and more about action /plot then :

Shikoku no Sharnoth- This is pretty much lovecraft meets steampunk with great characters.

Sienen no Iganock- This vn probably had the best world building that I've seen, that is the world is well described and you can almost feel like a citizen there. It's also lovecraft meets steampunk, with a bit of fight scenes here and there. Unique main character.

Steins;Gate- If you like an amazing plot, time travel,conspiracy, and amazing characters then Steins;Gate is great. The main character is also one of the more memorable ones for me, and honestly the art design is just wow.

Umineko- Pretty much a must read for a vn player at some in time. The voice acting (with the patch), characters, mystery, etc are just amazing. It's also very very unique .

Higurashi- Another classic, I am pretty sure you've heard about this one before.