Rest in peace Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds

mitchhamilton

for those who are star wars fans and those who arent you may know carrie fisher best as princess leia, the leader of the rebels in the original trilogy. i thought about making this thread after hearing the news of her passing but felt it was a bit shallow since i literally know her only for that one role. then after her mother passed, debbie reynolds i decided to make it so people can pay respects for both of them.

Carrie Fisher had a heart attack and had been hospitalized for 4 days before passing on the 27th. she was 60 years old. just today her mother passed do to having a stroke. its been reported by her son that her last words were "I miss her so much. I want to be with Carrie." before suffering the stroke 15 minutes later. she was 84 years old.

Carrie+Fisher+Debbie+Reynolds+Carrie+Fis

Debbie on the left and Carrie on the right. may they rest in peace.

5 hours ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

This year has been an unlucky year for many famous icons.

-RIP David Bowie

-RIP Prince

-RIP Gene Wilder

-And now, RIP Carrie Fisher. They will all be remembered.

Note that what I listed above is who I know best. There have been some others that died this year too.

those are the ones that came to mind first for me as well. there was also alan rickman and muhammad ali. there may be more. not a good year for some legendary entertainers.

Cohen was the big one for me, followed by Bowie. I'll be honest, I never particularly liked Carrie Fisher. I didn't dislike her or anything, but I'm not a big Star Wars fan and while I've seen her in some other stuff (including the brilliant Catastrophe), I never really became a fan.

Leonard, on the other hand... that was tough to get over, I never expected it to hit me like that.