DMM New Year's sale

Dergonu

DMM is having a huge sale on a whole bunch of their titles at the moment. (Over 1800 games are discounted.) The list of games on sale includes several games that have or will get fan patches, (Like Noble Works, Yosuga no Sora, Koiken Otome and what not,) and several new titles released in 2016 is on sale with some pretty nifty discounts. (Like Inochi no Spare, Sakura no Mori † Dreamers and loads more.)

A pretty awesome sale for Japanese readers, but not completely pointless for English only readers.

I used to have some issues buying games on DMM in the past, but it seems they fixed that, as I was able to buy several games there this week without any issues. (Did not need a VPN.) So it seems they accept foreign IPs and foreign credit cards now.

(I bought a few games literally a day before the sale, and those are now on discount. Fuck my life :vinty:)

Buying games on DMM is super easy, and they also have the easiest DRM system out of all the download sites. (The DRM is directly linked to your DMM account, so as long as you have the game on your account, you just log in once when the DRM pop up appears after installing the game, and you're done.) If you need any help getting through some of the menus, feel free to ask me for some help. (Though, the menus are quite simple to understand, and the wording is so simplistic you can just chuck them into google translate.)

Here a list of the games on sale:

http://dlsoft.dmm.co.jp/list/article=keyword/dmmref=sk51w2f7/i3_ord=1/i3_ref=banner/id=7431/sort=ranking/?dmmref=sk51w2f7&i3_ord=1&i3_ref=banner

DMM doesn't force DRM, it depends on the developer. A lot of games, including doujinsoft does not have any protection at all.

No idea about western users, but european users in general have no issues. All you need is an account and active credit card. When you register a new card DMM only charges a miniscule fee to confirm your bank account's valid.

I bought Himawari's Aqua After, it's also discounted.

Edited by Narcosis

4 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

I had someone from DMM a while back tell me that they don't sell the games people outside Japan. Apparently that is not true heh

Well as a whole, technically Japanese eroge isn't supposed to be sold outside of Japan, and that's what they are supposed to say when you ask. But, how they enforce this depends completely on the site.

DMM has indeed blocked foreign IPs in the past, (that happened to me when I tried to buy something there last year actually,) but now I can buy things just fine.

Just give it a try and see if it works for you. If it doesn't you will see that BEFORE you actually buy the game, not after, so there is no real risk doing it. Everyone I have asked recently have been able to buy games from the site now, so I think they changed something. Whether this was intentional, or if it will be reverted again later, I don't know.

But since it is working now, why not go nuts and buy everything on sale while you can :makina:  (That's what I'm doing. Guess I won't be eating anything next month x_X)

19 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

Just so you know, DMM went through restructuring a while ago; they opened their shop to the western market

Ohh really? That's nice. That explains why I can suddenly buy games from them now.

(Though, it's not good for my wallet, ugh...)

Today's damage :P

Spoiler

tH8574g.png