Tokyo Babel

xGreyHound

8 minutes ago, xGreyHound said:

Any other recommendations? I was looking at Fruit of Grisaia but Denpasoft can't accept paypal.  

Well if you want eroge, I don't think a lot of retailers will allow the usage of paypal, as paypal itself has a rule saying you can't buy / sell 18+ goods using their service.

If paypal is your only option, I'd recommend Eden* and Lucy for steam games. (Both of these games are all-ages in their original version, so no content is lost upon playing the steam version.) Also, both games are very enjoyable. I have also heard great things about The house in fata morgana, though I have not played it myself. (Also an all-ages game originally.)

Grisaia no Kajitsu is indeed a very good game, but I do not recommend the steam version of that game, as it has a lot of content removed, which will, in my opinion, ruin the experience. If you are going to play the game, you should play the Denpasoft version, or the fan patched Japanese version.

Just now, Dergonu said:

Well if you want eroge, I don't think a lot of retailers will allow the usage of paypal, as paypal itself has a rule saying you can't buy / sell 18+ goods using their service.

If paypal is your only option, I'd recommend Eden* and Lucy for steam games. (Both of these games are all-ages in their original version, so no content is lost upon playing the steam version.) Also, both games are very enjoyable. I have also heard great things about The house in fata morgana, though I have not played it myself. (Also an all-ages game originally.)

Grisaia no Kajitsu is indeed a very good game, but I do not recommend the steam version of that game, as it has a lot of content removed, which will, in my opinion, ruin the experience. If you are going to play the game, you should play the Denpasoft version, or the fan patched Japanese version.

Probably going to find the Fan Translated one somewhere.  

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

That's not entirely correct, apparently it's okay to sell 18+ goods but not to offer them for free on the same site like free demos and such. That's the reason why MangaGamer weren't allowed to use PayPal - they would have been forced to remove all their adult demos, wallpapers, etc. and they didn't want that.

J-List allows payment with PayPal and they sell a lot of adult stuff. Not only import games but also English hard copies from Jast and MangaGamer.

The House in fata morgana is the kamige, one of those vns you have to read before you die. It's maybe all age, but it aims to adult people. I mean, real adults that don't watch anime and still read a lot. Tokyo Babel is a boring pretentious game with some ridiculous religious interpretation. But it has high production values and godly voice acting.  

As for the great eroge recommendation, have you tried Majikoi series? It's fun and sexy like hell.

3 minutes ago, yorikbad said:

The House in fata morgana is the kamige, one of those vns you have to read before you die. It's maybe all age, but it aims to adult people. I mean, real adults that don't watch anime and still read a lot. Tokyo Babel is a boring pretentious game with some ridiculous religious interpretation. But it has high production values and godly voice acting.  

As for the great eroge recommendation, have you tried Majikoi series? It's fun and sexy like hell.

I look into it, I am new to this whole VN thing I'm just trying to figure out what I like and don't like atm. Thanks for the recommendations. 

1 minute ago, xGreyHound said:

I look into it, I am new to this whole VN thing I'm just trying to figure out what I like and don't like atm. Thanks for the recommendations. 

Oh, then I have to be more specific. Majikoi is the short name for "Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!" For now it has three games in English.

Original

https://vndb.org/v1143

Sequel

https://vndb.org/v6245

Fan-Disc for Sequel (only A-1)

https://vndb.org/v10361

If you're into erotic comedy and hate too much drama, it's the best game to start. Grisaia no Kajitsu has more depth and big emotional ups and downs. But it also funny in the beginning. You can try anything but I have to say, that there's no official english release for Majikoi. And I dought there will be ever. So you best chance is FanTL and import.

Good Luck and may the Power of Eroge be with you.