What's the general opinion on English made/OEL VN's?

bronx819

58 minutes ago, Nier said:

Bloody Chronicles will have japanese VA, you can ask them if you want to confirm yourself.

sigh, but here you go:

1)

On 8.4.2016 at 9:40 PM, IGRASILSTUDIO said:

With a Japanese style visual novel game it seems odd to have English voice actors. Can you explain how you came to use English voice actors?

-To be honest, what we're doing is a bit unorthodox; while most of our team is located in Japan, we're focusing our efforts in the western market. Likewise, we wanted to reach out to English voice actors to fit our localization; they were very kind and offered their services wholeheartedly. We also wanted to try something else with the voice acting, to gauge how western audiences would see a visual novel that was catered towards them rather than Japanese audiences.

2) https://vndb.org/v18773

3)

Spoiler

might be noteworthy that the game(s) will feature a voice acting of both languages, english and japanese as well, though if there´ll be a full japanese voiceover, or only a partial one depends on further fundings.

So what are you arguing about? It says right there that the game will have japanese VA. My post wasn't about Bloody Chronicles having english VA, it was about the sole 4 OELVN who have or will have japanese VA and Bloody Chronicles is one of them.

2 minutes ago, Nier said:

So what are you arguing about? It says right there that the game will have japanese VA. My post wasn't about Bloody Chronicles having english VA, it was about the sole 4 OELVN who have or will have japanese VA and Bloody Chronicles is one of them.

you forgot one of the Sakura ones that had VA as DLC (Angels or Swim Club, I think it was)  

2 hours ago, Nier said:

There are 4 OELVN titles confirmed so far to be using japanese VA:

Sunrider: Libration Day (Released, Fully Voiced)

Quantum Suicide (To be Released, Fully Voiced)

Bloody Chronicles (To be Released, Fully Voiced)

Shining Song Starnova (To be Released, Unknown Wether it will be Fully or Partially Voiced)

EDIT: Ninjaed by Funya. This does too, though it just makes the game even more cringy. https://vndb.org/v17008 (Half the time the JP voice is saying something different from the actual English line...)

I agree with Decay and the others that English amature voice actors are usually quite bad, but I strongly disagree with the idea that putting Japanese voices into an otherwise fully English game is a logical move. If the game is going to have an actual Japanese translation, then it does make more sense, but if not, I see absolutely no reason to do so.

23 minutes ago, Nier said:

the main point is that the japanese voice acting, if there ever will be a full one, was not aimed at from the beginning, but them having decided on giving western va´s a chance, see the additional jp-voices as pleasant surprise or whatsnot. point is western works should primarily feature their native voiceovers, even moreso in case of them always claiming to make the genre great and blah. this is not related to ones possibly being superior over others, or not, it´s about integrity. & yes, the others you´ve linked to are more than enough, simply because they´re looked up to by smaller developers, being rolemodels or such, and are negatively impacting the western genre as a whole when exchanging native staff (artists, writers, voice actors etc) for asian ones. to me this appears to be a destructive move, mostly aimed at an additional pandering towards japanophils/weaboos/your-average-retard-believing-everything-japan-is-superior-by-default

edit. i refuse to keep on arguing any further with seemingly blind & highly fanatical propaganda-bots at this point.