Thoughts about Specific Shows

Tay

Sword Art Online (Episode 14, 世界の終焉, "The End of the World") - I gave this episode a standing ovation. I couldn't contain myself. There's no question that of every anime I've ever seen, SAO is my favorite. Similarly, of every episode I've seen to date, this is the finest in every way. Powerful stuff.

Kokoro Connect (Episode ?!?!!?!?!?!?!) - What the heck!? What's going on with episodes 14-17? Wikipedia says some scary things. Do we REALLY have to wait until March 27th, 2013 for the rest of the season!? If so, it's CRIMINAL! There's chatter on MAL (see here) that the last episodes (14-17) will be shown online, etc. Does that mean they'll come sooner than later?

Myself;Yourself - Wow, finished a few days ago and I still get emotional when I hear the

that Nanaka writes for Sana. This show really moved me, in part (I think) because it brought up the pain and difficulty I had being separated from the girl I'm now married to during my 2 1/2 years in Russia. All three shows in this post have had that effect on me, and outside of them and a few visual novels, only Hemmingway's Farewell to Arms elicited similar emotions from me.

Had a feeling you would post about SAO after you watched the 14'th episode Tay, haahah. Too epic!

I find it still very exciting to watch the anime even after reading the Novels. Hehe I wonder how they will portrey the continuation. It is really amazing how well the anime is adapted.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Been a while since I have laughed from an anime, but this one really does it with it's stupid humor going on and on. Though the last episodes of season 1 was getting more serious, that kinda runined the end for me. Didin't laugh much, ah well the rest was very good :D

Little Busters (Episode 1)

Good news: It'll probably catch the attention of some anime transcribers - which means I'm gonna have sheets for Jumper, Alicemagic, and hopefully

very, very soon~

Bad news: I doubt it'll make much impact with people who aren't actually die-hard fans of the series. The gags aren't that well presented, though I think it's just that they don't translate that well to an anime format. Put it this way - it's funny enough to laugh at Masato when you read about his misfortune at getting an eel pie then imagine him harassed by Rin and her battle staff, but to see it happen? Animated with Masato seemingly getting clobbered to death? It's got the finesse of a Punch and Judy puppet show and to find something like that funny requires some REALLY strong suspension of disbelief - and that's just one example...

ADDENDUM: Fingers crossed I'm alone in my analysis! ;)

Edited by harry_kinomoto

Pretty much watched all shows airing this season......Shows that have caught my eye.... this Fall 2012 season.......

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

- Really fun & odd storyline and I enjoyed the 1st episode. The chicken leaves an impression on me.

Zetsuen no Tempest

- Magic, action+fighting, deep storyline, looks like fun!

Currently I am watching Pani Poni Dash and K-ON.

Pani Poni Dash is pretty funny. One of Shafts earlier animes from 2006 I believe. I am only on episode 8 so far but I am really liking it.

K-ON is another good anime. It can get way too sweet at times. That isn't a bad thing.

• 1 month later...

This season has been really suprising at how good it is. There are several shows im enjoying.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! **This one is definetely my favorite this season**

Girls und Panzer

Ixion Saga DT

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Sukitte Ii na yo

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Robotics;Notes

All really entertaining. Ive been a fan soo long so maybe I have a greater palet for diffrerent genres.

Shows Im NOT watching:

Swort Art Online: Im sure this one people will understand the least, as its a lot of kids favorite. Maybe thats why I dont like it that much. I watched to ep 16, just got boring. Online games, maybe im too old to get it the entertainment in this. Ive played a couple different online games, WOW, LOL, ect. Got bored fast.

Little Busters: Sorry but its just HORRIBLE. My opinion and im entitled to it. Everyone made such a huge deal about the VN, I made the mistake of watching this garbage first, really left a bad taste in my mouth. Actually had to postpose playing the VN for a while because of it.

Anyway, I have posted multiple anime reviews in different forums over the years. Was a review writer for some magazines in the late 90's. Ahh the good old days, they dont make anime like they used too. lol

I could go on and on and on about anime, but ill refrain from doing so.

K-ON is another good anime. It can get way too sweet at times. That isn't a bad thing.

NEVER underestimate the power of Moe!!!

Yui, Asuza, Mio, Mugi, and Ritsu = Happiness!!!

Was a review writer for some magazines in the late 90's. Ahh the good old days, they dont make anime like they used too. lol

Can we please have some kind of "Fireside Chat with Uncle Ryoji" and hear all about this!? SO COOL!

Can we please have some kind of "Fireside Chat with Uncle Ryoji" and hear all about this!? SO COOL!

Sure, I can tell you kids a tale or two. Heres one. How about when I met the original cast of Akira and the actor who played Shōtarō Kaneda, Mitsuo Iwata, pissed himself cause he was drunk on Saki lol.

Little Busters: Sorry but its just HORRIBLE. My opinion and im entitled to it. Everyone made such a huge deal about the VN, I made the mistake of watching this garbage first, really left a bad taste in my mouth. Actually had to postpose playing the VN for a while because of it.

Hahaha ardent VN fan here and agreeing with you 101%. Very dissapointed that my prediction from the first episode (see my post above) came to pass :(

Also...

Seconded! I would like to hear about your perspectives on this too~

Oh and PS:

... maybe im too old to get it the entertainment in this. ....
NEVER underestimate the power of Moe!!!

Yui, Asuza, Mio, Mugi, and Ritsu = Happiness!!!

Mind = blown :wacko:

Swort Art Online just isnt enjoyable to me. Like I said above, MY OPINION.

K-on made me laugh harder then just about any anime in the last 5 years. Except maybe Azumanga Diaoh and Lucky Stars. There fix your mind? lol

:lol: only messing dude, I guess I just found it interesting that the SAO cast feels like they act a good bit older than K-On; much less Azumanga or Lucky Star. I do get what you're saying about SAO though - it's got brilliant art and all, but the GENERIC OTAKU DRAMA vibe, and that feel that it's gonna turn into one of those things that end up with 10000 episodes like Bleach or Fairy Tail, grows ever stronger each episode....

:lol: only messing dude, I guess I just found it interesting that the SAO cast feels like they act a good bit older than K-On; much less Azumanga or Lucky Star. I do get what you're saying about SAO though - it's got brilliant art and all, but the GENERIC OTAKU DRAMA vibe, and that feel that it's gonna turn into one of those things that end up with 10000 episodes like Bleach or Fairy Tail, grows ever stronger each episode....

THANK YOU!! Finally someone gets it. GIVE THAT MAN A COOKIE!!!!

Sword Art Online - If Yuki Kajiura wasn't present, I would've passed this over completely. ATM I am watching it only because of her and because virtual reality is awesome~

Speaking of virtual reality: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game

^Can't wait to see where that leads, it could be a complete revolution for gaming!

Other than that I am watching shows like Doctor Who(SO AWESOME OMG) and going to rewatch some movies(Lord of the Rings)~

Sword Art Online - If Yuki Kajiura wasn't present, I would've passed this over completely. ATM I am watching it only because of her and because virtual reality is awesome~

Speaking of virtual reality: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game

^Can't wait to see where that leads, it could be a complete revolution for gaming!

Other than that I am watching shows like Doctor Who(SO AWESOME OMG) and going to rewatch some movies(Lord of the Rings)~

Ocular does indeed look promising, though we still have to use keyboards or controllers to move. Would be cool if we could have something like in SAO hahha. Not that i would want to play an mmo like SAO, more like GGO or ALO more hardcore. lol. :P

oh, wow. I will have too many opinion about this since I basically follow most anime every season but one or two, but I will just give two thoughts on two specific anime I am watching this season

Code:Breaker - I read the manga some time ago, and when I see it's going to be adapted, I say why not right? the first thing that strikes me in this anime has got to be the female protagonists' seiyuu/VA. But the storyline is a typical shounen style plot, so I only really focuses on how will they adapt it. And so far, I am really liking it simply because of the difference between the manga and anime.

Robotic;Notes - It's a solid anime adaptation that stay quite true to the original source from what I can see so far, though I have missed the last 3 episodes... but it's quite good for those that have played/watched Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate, since they will be able to see some references being made.

Anyone felt kind of disappointed with Magi ? It isn't a bad show by any stretch of the imagination but it felt kind of unambitious despite it's original setting. I love the Arabian Nights but it isn't as much inspired by it as I thought it would be.

Chuunibyou is my favorite show so far ! I liked To Love Ru: Darkness as well. It is a typical fan service show but with a good amount of silly humor ! Damn these rays of light though :lol:.

Anyone felt kind of disappointed with Magi ? It isn't a bad show by any stretch of the imagination but it felt kind of unambitious despite it's original setting. I love the Arabian Nights but it isn't as much inspired by it as I thought it would be.

Chuunibyou is my favorite show so far ! I liked To Love Ru: Darkness as well. It is a typical fan service show but with a good amount of silly humor ! Damn these rays of light though :lol:.

YEs Magi started out pretty good then seems to turn to crap. In regards to To Love Ru: Darkness, well all I can say is wait for the Blu rays. The censorship is sooo bad it should be called To Love Ru: Censorship!

Chuunibyou is soo epic.

Chuunibyou.gif20120927071953.gif

395chuunibyou00b2.gif

YEs Magi started out pretty good then seems to turn to crap. In regards to To Love Ru: Darkness, well all I can say is wait for the Blu rays. The censorship is sooo bad it should be called To Love Ru: Censorship!

Chuunibyou is soo epic.

Chuunibyou.gif

395chuunibyou00b2.gif

Haha ! :lol: Thank you I'm going to keep these ones !

Damn if only the streaming wasn't so crappy in the evenings, I would go watch it right now :( .

• 6 months later...

OreImo2 - I think this series has found itself again. The last few episodes were surprisingly good (maybe relatively so, but I enjoyed them a lot). The series has some wonky plot devices, especially the most recent episode, but the character development is back to being really good. (plus.... Kuroneko!)

Aku no Hana / Flowers of Evil - I am really enjoying this show. People are still divided on things like the rotoscoping and artistic FPS deviations, but the story is intriguing, and the characters and characterizations have consistently impressed me. The show stresses me out ; ), but that's a positive indicator of quality, especially coupled with well-executed cliffhangers.

Chuunibyou is soo epic.

Chuunibyou.gif20120927071953.gif

395chuunibyou00b2.gif

To Love Ru: Censorship :lol:~

I'll go with Tokyo Magnitude. An easy to understand show with believable characters and really heartfelt scenes. I bought the DVD set a while back but have yet to rewatch it because it's too sad :(~

Sola is another anime that's largely forgotten now but I'll always rank it pretty high up there. A small cast meant you cared about all of them. Their stories all finished properly, as did their relationships. If only more stories would do that!

I'll go with Tokyo Magnitude. An easy to understand show with believable characters and really heartfelt scenes. I bought the DVD set a while back but have yet to rewatch it because it's too sad :(/>~

This show was very very well done. Its one of those shows, looking back, that I can't pick out much it did wrong. Though its one of those that loses all of its emotional impact the second time around I think.