Should I buy Star ocean even with the petty censorship?

Nekolover

Just now, Arcadeotic said:

Star Ocean isn't really a VN with its support being largely split from its cencorship

If you like the concept, go for it; it seems pretty cool to me

Is RPG is it not? I am hesitant about it.  

1 hour ago, solidbatman said:

Star Ocean is an RPG, not a VN. In regards to the petty censorship, it doesn't really matter. They changed a characters panties. If panties make or break your decision to buy a non-fanservicy JRPG, you need to do some self-reflecting and simply buy Neptunia shit. 

Can somebody please give me  an actual response instead of this elitist snowflake feminazis shit? 

3 minutes ago, Nekolover said:

Can somebody please give me  an actual response instead of this elitist snowflake feminazis shit? 

If you value panties enough, don't buy it. If you are playing because you want a Tri-Ace developed Star Ocean game, and don't really care about seeing the panties of a fictional anime character, buy it.

Heil Sarkeesian 

1 minute ago, Nekolover said:

Ehh, depends if you have a stigma towards cencorship

It doesn't have much to cencor in the first place, so the cencorship applied shouldn't affect your enjoyment almost at all, none if you don't mind cencorship in the first place

If ya want an RPG buy it

If ya want pantsus, don't

Just now, solidbatman said:

If you value panties enough, don't buy it. If you are playing because you want a Tri-Ace developed Star Ocean game, and don't really care about seeing the panties of a fictional anime character, buy it.

Hiel Sarkeesian 

I never play a Star Ocean game before but you sure  are turning me off towards it. Cut the crap and shit talking and be helpful.   

5 minutes ago, Nekolover said:

I never play a Star Ocean game before but you sure  are turning me off towards it. Cut the crap and shit talking and be helpful.   

Star Ocean is a JRPG series developed by Tri-Ace. The series is a sci-fi, futuristic action rpg system, that plays somewhat similar to the Tale of franchise, where you, the player move around on the battlefield defeating your enemies using preset moves, relying on mana points. Reception to the earlier titles, 1 and 2 was very positive. Star Ocean 3 saw a more mixed reaction, as did 4. Early results on Star Ocean 5 are mixed from what I understand. Fan service is not the point of the game, as the story is usually some sort of intra galactic romp, where you travel to various planets to save planets, or the galaxy. 

Unlike games developed by Gust, and Compile Heart, Star Ocean is a more serious JRPG series, with very very mild fanservice. 

Do you want to look at an underage girls panties? Go play Neptunia, and stop bitching about this you little saber rattler. 

Just now, Down said:

Are you asking because you actually wanted an advice or did you just want to make a thread to complain about muh panty censorship?

I have a strong problem with the censorship.  I don't care how minor or not it is. I am asking for reasons to buy the game despite the pettiness of the censorship.  Listing if you are going to accuse me of trolling or flaming be up front about it.  I ask reasons to buy or not buy the game. A yes or no question.  No personal input in my taste for video games. 

5 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Star Ocean is a JRPG series developed by Tri-Ace. The series is a sci-fi, futuristic action rpg system, that plays somewhat similar to the Tale of franchise, where you, the player move around on the battlefield defeating your enemies using preset moves, relying on mana points. Reception to the earlier titles, 1 and 2 was very positive. Star Ocean 3 saw a more mixed reaction, as did 4. Early results on Star Ocean 5 are mixed from what I understand. Fan service is not the point of the game, as the story is usually some sort of intra galactic romp, where you travel to various planets to save planets, or the galaxy. 

Unlike games developed by Gust, and Compile Heart, Star Ocean is a more serious JRPG series, with very very mild fanservice. 

Do you want to look at an underage girls panties? Go play Neptunia, and stop bitching about this you little saber rattler. 

You were doing great and you have to just say that, didn't you? I don't know what your obsession with Neptunia but just stop with the superiority complex.  Also I play Neptunia and I enjoy it. Thank you very much by the way.  

And yes I do enjoy watching fictional underage girls panties.  

Just now, Nekolover said:

You were doing great and you have to just say that, didn't you? I don't know what your obsession with Neptunia but just stop with the superiority complex.  Also I play Neptunia and I enjoy it. Thank you very much by the way. 

No superiority complex here. I have far more important things to worry about in the world instead of insignificant censorship of panties in a series with no fanservice anyway. I gave you the facts, and gave you a recommendation for another game with plenty of panty shots. Since you like Neptunia, go play Ar Tonelico then. Gust developed, plenty of stupid fanservice, singing, etc. 

8 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Are you done? 

4 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

No superiority complex here. I have far more important things to worry about in the world instead of insignificant censorship of panties in a series with no fanservice anyway. I gave you the facts, and gave you a recommendation for another game with plenty of panty shots. Since you like Neptunia, go play Ar Tonelico then. Gust developed, plenty of stupid fanservice, singing, etc. 

1 minute ago, Nekolover said:

Are you done? 

I believe the above quote is the one you meant to quote. In your shaking fury, you quoted the wrong post. 

Other suggestions for fan-servicey JRPGs: Mugen Souls Z, The Witch and the Hundred Knight, Demon Gaze, Conception II 

Just now, solidbatman said:

I believe the above quote is the one you meant to quote. In your shaking fury, you quoted the wrong post. 

Other suggestions for fan-servicey JRPGs: Mugen Souls Z, The Witch and the Hundred Knight, Demon Gaze, Conception II 

Did somebody put a gun to your head and force you to play games you hate? Also no. I quote you correctly but that happened anyway.  You are being really unpleasant. 

16 minutes ago, Nekolover said:

Did somebody put a gun to your head and force you to play games you hate? Also no. I quote you correctly but that happened anyway.  You are being really unpleasant. 

I don't hate those games. I enjoyed Neptunia, and Ar Tonelico. I'm giving you alternatives to fit your taste as opposed to Star Ocean which does not fit your taste. 

5 minutes ago, bigfatround0 said:

Just ignore him. Solidbatman is a little bitch.

Please expand on this. Just curious as to why you feel this way.