The House in Fata Morgana discussion

akaritan

Fata is the best VN I've ever read and it's abysmal sales numbers are downright depressing. I've been shilling to my friends to the degree that they're willing to get it just to shut me up, haha. But I do like to think that it has sort of gained steam; its VNDB scores are really high now (#30, if I recall correctly), and I feel like I've seen more people talking about it in general in the last few weeks/month, with very few complaining.

So, umm, I'm not really sure where I was going with this in the first place... keep shilling, I guess? :illya:

Speaking about score here, I'd remember that I'd quite not so interested to this here because the score back when it was release was at around 6.2 (Bayesian) or somewhere in that (And also unusual art, although it's more alike Castlevania from PS1 though). Of course that this is should be good promotion here if Fata Morgana managed to made many user here gave high score at VNDB there, and therefore raising Bayesian score from 6.2 to 8.3 (Average was at 8.7) right now. Although the weakness of this VN was didn't had voice acting though, but it's more my nitpicking than anything ie not mattered much because this is doujin game here (And beside the Drama CD for Fata Morgana had all-star seiyuu there). As for low sales here, no comment because it's quite hard issue to talk about here, so my advice would be just keep promoting (Or shilling this) I think.

PS - Of course I'd realized that this VN was not for everyone here, but once again I think the reception was quite good generally.

On 9/13/2016 at 1:02 AM, littleshogun said:

Speaking about score here, I'd remember that I'd quite not so interested to this here because the score back when it was release was at around 6.2 (Bayesian) or somewhere in that (And also unusual art, although it's more alike Castlevania from PS1 though). Of course that this is should be good promotion here if Fata Morgana managed to made many user here gave high score at VNDB there, and therefore raising Bayesian score from 6.2 to 8.3 (Average was at 8.7) right now. Although the weakness of this VN was didn't had voice acting though, but it's more my nitpicking than anything ie not mattered much because this is doujin game here (And beside the Drama CD for Fata Morgana had all-star seiyuu there). As for low sales here, no comment because it's quite hard issue to talk about here, so my advice would be just keep promoting (Or shilling this) I think.

PS - Of course I'd realized that this VN was not for everyone here, but once again I think the reception was quite good generally.

Voice acting would have seriously detracted from the game, a ton. It also would have ruined some of the tricks the VN has up its sleeve to alter the reader's perspective. 

That's why new tweet from Novectacle s confusing.

Could somebody properly translate? Machine translators give strange results.

EDIT:
Okay, I translated this site:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/367/1367621/
('Fatah Mole Ghana' is a pretty hilarious translation of game title xD)
And voice acting will be only in the completly new part of the story. I kinda dislike it, I don't want 'canon' voices for those characters.

To responding Solidbatman regarding voice acting there, guess I should said to each other there if you like it or not for Fata Morgana. But at least I think it could be attracted people to buy Fata Morgana if Novectale using famous seiyuu for the drama CD there (Of course, the consequence there would be the production cost would be higher). Once again, it's okay if you didn't like it voiced though.

11 hours ago, solidbatman said:

Voice acting would have seriously detracted from the game, a ton. It also would have ruined some of the tricks the VN has up its sleeve to alter the reader's perspective. 

Japanese voices, yes, would have but I'd try some english VA with some british accent.

8 hours ago, littleshogun said:

To responding Solidbatman regarding voice acting there, guess I should said to each other there if you like it or not for Fata Morgana. But at least I think it could be attracted people to buy Fata Morgana if Novectale using famous seiyuu for the drama CD there (Of course, the consequence there would be the production cost would be higher). Once again, it's okay if you didn't like it voiced though.

I would like to see them changed the backgrounds. I'd bye the game again just for that.

【ファタモルガーナの館-COLLECTED EDITION- 速報!!】
「PSVITA専用ソフトとして「ファタモルガーナの館」が発売決定です! 本編・外伝を含む完全版! 更にはボイス付きの「現代版」が…!? 続報をお待ち下さい]

House in Fata Morgana Collected Edition - Newsflash

Exclusively for the PS VITA, it's been decided that Fata Morgana will be re-released. Original story plus the supplementary material in this Complete Edition. Moreover, could it be a "modern edition" containing voice acting?! Please wait for further news!

7 hours ago, Dionysus42 said:

【ファタモルガーナの館-COLLECTED EDITION- 速報!!】
「PSVITA専用ソフトとして「ファタモルガーナの館」が発売決定です! 本編・外伝を含む完全版! 更にはボイス付きの「現代版」が…!? 続報をお待ち下さい]

House in Fata Morgana Collected Edition - Newsflash

Exclusively for the PS VITA, it's been decided that Fata Morgana will be re-released. Original story plus the supplementary material in this Complete Edition. Moreover, could it be a "modern edition" containing voice acting?! Please wait for further news!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I need Novectacle to bring this over. I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT (hopefully it includes the fandiscs)

No, seriously, I really need this game on my Vita. Holy fucking shit my dudes.

BTW, is -Another Episodes- and A Requiem For Innocence the same thing? Hope that's included in the Vita release and the voices can be turned off.

2 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

BTW, is -Another Episodes- and A Requiem For Innocence the same thing?

Looking from VNDB, my answer here would be yes. 'A Requiem For Innocence' there would be localized title for Fata Morgana -Another Episodes- here.

Quite interesting news in regard of voice acting. Will they include the seiyuu from Drama CD or not should be my question here. Let's see it later here.

Spoiler

Completely-Shocked-Reaction-In-Daily-Liv

ああああああああああああああああああああああああ

I would buy a vita for this, if it came out in English.

I think Japanese VA would detract from the experience, but western might be okay? The characters were European, so Japanese voices could seem a bit tacky... And like solidbatman said, it would negatively affect some of the perspective tricks. I think it could be done, though.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

First look at new 'present day arc' episode, with new art. Looks bland and generic. Not 'ugly' but nowhere near the awesomeness of one of the most beautiful sprites in VN history - original FataMorgana.
Jacopo is voiced by my favourite Suwabe Jun'ichi, but I don't think his voice fits the character.

Wait, the original game's sprites and music is NOT changed, right? I can take a mediocre new arc -bar it being noncanon because I don't think there is much to add to FM canon-wise) but those backgrounds -bar being 4:3- and music are top tier. The OST is literally my favorite OST in a VN.

Looking at the promotion, and I think the new art was quite good if I said so (At least for the people who got use to anime art, although it'll be very bad for the user who already get use to the gothic art there). I think it'll be interesting that they'll tell the story after Fata Morgana epilogue there. As for seiyuu, I think they made a good decision by using Drama CD seiyuu therefore they could promote it using seiyuu imo. Oh, and since they also reveal Morgana here I think I'll just reveal that back in Drama CD Ami Koshimizu was voicing Morgana.

@Vorathiel If you want to hear of how Suwabe Junichi will voicing Jacopo, I think this review should be at least give some image of how good Suwabe performance would be although it was Drama CD review though.

For last words here in regard of the art, I think the girls art (Giselle (Voicing by Asami Seto) and Morgana) there was quite cute, or maybe I already get use to anime art for the girl there (The old art was good too, okay). As for the man, it was quite jarring at the first sight to see Michel (Voicing by Sakurai Takahiro) not wearing his usual robe to say the least here. Other than thay, I couldn't comment much here for now.

The anime art is... fine? I'd probably have more of a problem with it if I cared about art a lot in the first place. I far prefer the old art, obviously, but it's not a game breaker for me. And while the thought of having jp voices sort of rubs me the wrong way (it felt so "western" that I think it would be jarring), at least going by the voice samples here they do a good job for the most part. As far as anything else goes, frankly the original was so close to perfect that I think that more material would actively hurt it so as long as they don't touch that it's fine. With all that said, like the filthy addict that I am I'm probably going to end up getting a japanese vita for this, haha.

Spoiler

I read the fandisc's after story and wanted to see schoolgirl Morgana at the end, so at the very least I'm happy that wish is being granted :wafuu:

And yeah, robeless Michel is a bit strange at first, but you get used to it. What gets me is the hair. rip Michel's ankle-length hair, you will be missed :makina:

Well, after cooling down I will say this - new art is fantastic. I will be happy to read whole VN with that art, looks great. But. It's not this incredibly beautiful 'gothic' style art we used to have in Fata. So I'm repulsed.
But oh well, probably will never read it, cause I don't know japanese and don't have Vita. :P