Traveling around the world without passport/visa

Forte

Yeah, traveling around the world would definitely be nice and fun. Surely there are requirements to do it. Having the money, mastering foreign languages, knowing the customs and cultures of the destination spots, and some others, which includes getting yourself a passport and visa. 

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any visa/passport for some reasons, it took so long and yet no result. Is it possible and doable to actually travel around the world without visa/passport? 

Yes, but it depends on where you live and where you want to go. For example, you're free to travel to any country within the Schengen area without any kind of passport if you live there.
Some countries form certain agreements between themselves to allow traveling without a visa as well.

I would say to check the embassy of the country you want to travel to for more information.

9 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

I would say to check the embassy of the country you want to travel to for more information.

That's the problem, embassy people in my country are kinda like my archnemesis.

5 minutes ago, Forte said:

That's the problem, embassy people in my country are kinda like my archnemesis.

Well I mean, it's hard to get information otherwise. Do they have a website? You might want to look into that.

Do you live in the US though? Because if so you're fucked because I'm pretty sure the US needs either a visa or passport for every country.

Most countries are going to want a passport to get in legally, though not necessarily a visa. A visa is needed for places that require prior permission to enter the country. Most of Europe you can get into with just a passport, but Brazil you need to apply for a visa, for instance.

13 hours ago, kingdomcome said:

I always thought u needed a passport anywhere overseas. Everyone country I've been in (many in Europe, Asia, and America) required a passport.

How is it possible otherwise? You won't be able to go through airport security without a passport.

There are some instances where you don't need a passport, but it's usually between friendly countries that share borders for land entry. For instance, from what I've read Americans don't need a passport to travel over the border into Canada, but they do need other valid forms of ID, and a passport is easier, unless you have an Enhanced Drivers License from an issuing state (not all states have EDLs yet). Also in Europe if you're a citizen of a European Union country (EU National) you don't have to present a passport when going from one EU country to another - ie, A Finnish resident can cross into Sweden without showing a passport, but would if they went to Romania, as Romania is not a EU member. And it would still be a good idea to have it even in fellow EU countries in case of problems.

18 hours ago, Valmore said:

There are some instances where you don't need a passport, but it's usually between friendly countries that share borders for land entry. For instance, from what I've read Americans don't need a passport to travel over the border into Canada, but they do need other valid forms of ID, and a passport is easier, unless you have an Enhanced Drivers License from an issuing state (not all states have EDLs yet). Also in Europe if you're a citizen of a European Union country (EU National) you don't have to present a passport when going from one EU country to another - ie, A Finnish resident can cross into Sweden without showing a passport, but would if they went to Romania, as Romania is not a EU member. And it would still be a good idea to have it even in fellow EU countries in case of problems.

Expanding on that, Americans can only use EDLs to enter Canada via land or water crossings.  Flying requires a passport.

2 hours ago, finiteHP said:

Expanding on that, Americans can only use EDLs to enter Canada via land or water crossings.  Flying requires a passport.

Yeah, I didn't quite make that part clear, I only alluded to it with the initial "land borders" comment. Basically, you can drive (or boat) into Canada and show something other than a passport and be okay, but it's probably easier to show it as most people don't carry around birth certificates, ans I think you need two forms or an EDL. And for anything other than a casual touring visit you'd still need to apply for a visa. Also, the US isn't quite as nice - I think Canadians need to show passports driving into the US.

On 5/27/2016 at 11:19 PM, kingdomcome said:

I always thought u needed a passport anywhere overseas. Everyone country I've been in (many in Europe, Asia, and America) required a passport.

How is it possible otherwise? You won't be able to go through airport security without a passport.

But you don't have to enter a country via its secured border, right? You can just enter the border with few or no guard at all. I believe every country has one or two of such borders. Though, it would an illegal entrance.

On 31.05.2016 at 8:01 AM, Forte said:

But you don't have to enter a country via its secured border, right? You can just enter the border with few or no guard at all. I believe every country has one or two of such borders. Though, it would an illegal entrance.

World is not like USA. I doubt you can find a way to do it.

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 1:01 AM, Forte said:

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

You can get shot down.

Now, the principle of no borders is actually an interesting theory, i don't believe that in the immediate, we'll raze down the borders, because with all the problems we have now.

But in the future, let's say, 100-200 years, we'll need to raze them, in my opinion, borders and borders control are stupid waste of money, just like overconstruction of nuclear missiles, you're wasting money for no actual reason, because borders never prevent anything, and all that money would be used for other subjects. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016/6/7 at 5:23 PM, Kurisu-Chan said:

You can get shot down.

Now, the principle of no borders is actually an interesting theory, i don't believe that in the immediate, we'll raze down the borders, because with all the problems we have now.

Shot down? Just perfect! I could train my super dodging ability then.

About the principle of no borders, maybe it seems to be impossible these century, but it's not impossible to be applied. People won't concern themselves with borders if their world has become like in my story. A world where most people constantly moving from one place to another while the rest hide in bunkers and shelters. And because of the last war, all kind of authorities and governments has collapsed.

On 28/5/2016 at 7:44 AM, Valmore said:

Romania is not a EU member

Actually, it is, since January 1 2007.

On 7/6/2016 at 0:23 PM, Kurisu-Chan said:

But in the future, let's say, 100-200 years, we'll need to raze them, in my opinion, borders and borders control are stupid waste of money, just like overconstruction of nuclear missiles, you're wasting money for no actual reason, because borders never prevent anything, and all that money would be used for other subjects. 

I don't think so, with the overpopulation problems we (oh well... not exactly "we"...) will be facing.