I am looking for something similar to "The Fruit of Grisaia", "The Devil on G-String", "Radiant Historia" and "Sage Fusion" in personality.

TrueHistoria

Hello, I would like to ask all of your help for this.

I am looking for Visual Novels with a male protagonist who has a stoic, cold and pragmatic enigma like that of the following:

"Kazami Yūji" - The Fruit of Grisaia (Windows)

"Azai Kyõsuke" - The Devil on G-String (Windows)

"Stocke" - Radiant Historia (DS)

"Brim Alvonse" - Sage Fusion (Android)

For those who don't know about these VNs, here's a reference to anime and manga:

"Shiba Tatsuya" - The Irregular at Magic High School (anime)

"Mizushima Toru" - Iris Zero (manga)

Preferably not something like:

Everlasting Summer - which has an emotional and scaredly-cat protagonist

Stellaren - who sucks, also emotional protagonist

Can anybody recommend me VNs? I appreciate it.

Thank you.

I don't know Radiant Historia or Sage Fusion, so my only points of reference are the description and Yuuji and Kyousuke.

Anyway, that said, Nikola Tesla in Gahkthun is about as stoic, pragmatic, and enigmatic as they come, although he's only rarely the point-of-view character. Probably worth checking out, though; Gahkthun is a great game.

Maybe Comyu? Akihito's not as powerful or enigmatic as either Yuuji or Kyousuke, but he's pretty extreme on the stoic and pragmatic scale.

9 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

I don't know Radiant Historia or Sage Fusion, so my only points of reference are the description and Yuuji and Kyousuke.

Anyway, that said, Nikola Tesla in Gahkthun is about as stoic, pragmatic, and enigmatic as they come, although he's only rarely the point-of-view character. Probably worth checking out, though; Gahkthun is a great game.

Maybe Comyu? Akihito's not as powerful or enigmatic as either Yuuji or Kyousuke, but he's pretty extreme on the stoic and pragmatic scale.

Okay thanks anyways, hoping for more VN recs.

the fandisc to sharin no kuni def has pragmatic protag, but would still recommend reading the first one because not only is it pretty entertainment but also has some similar elements to g senjou like a battle of wits, and protag is pragmatic at times

21 hours ago, spademan said:

the fandisc to sharin no kuni def has pragmatic protag, but would still recommend reading the first one because not only is it pretty entertainment but also has some similar elements to g senjou like a battle of wits, and protag is pragmatic at times

Thanks. I'll check it out.

On Monday, May 09, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Tweek91330 said:

I agree for sharin no kuni.

As for comyu, i just hated the mc, really, i dropped the game after one route because the guy was so emo i think i never hated a mc that much lol (and i tend to like akatsuki works games).

I appreciate your info. Glad I didn't downloaded Comyu yet. So +1 for Sharin no Kuni from you, eh? Maybe I'll play that one first. Thanks.

On Monday, May 09, 2016 at 9:35 PM, DarkZedge said:

I'll recommend:  Coμ - Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku -  and  Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo.

I ended up dropping Gahktun so I cannot really recommend it.

Thanks. I looked Gahktun and I found out that the girl is the main protagonist. So +1 for first Sharin no Kuni, from you this time and Cou is worthy for checking as well. Thanks.

My readlist for now are:

Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo

Cou - Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku (so Comyu and Cou are the same)

Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo

Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning

Thanks for all these VNs. I'll definitely go read them as soon as I can score free time.

Hope there are more in the future.

7 hours ago, Kawasumi said:

Sharin no kuni is the best pragmatic protag in translated vn stuff atm in my opinion.

How about being stoic? Does the protagonist qualifies for being so?

I just can't seem to find a site which tells a detailed info about personalities of characters in my readlist.

Sorry for being a bother.

The thing with Gahkthun is that the point-of-view character is indeed a female, but (after chapter 1) there are a pair of protagonists running around doing everything - that female lead, Neon, is the Dr. Watson to Nikola Tesla's Sherlock Holmes, if you will. And while Neon certainly doesn't match what you're asking for, Nikola Tesla is pretty much a perfect fit. So, I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand.

1 hour ago, Fred the Barber said:

The thing with Gahkthun is that the point-of-view character is indeed a female, but (after chapter 1) there are a pair of protagonists running around doing everything - that female lead, Neon, is the Dr. Watson to Nikola Tesla's Sherlock Holmes, if you will. And while Neon certainly doesn't match what you're asking for, Nikola Tesla is pretty much a perfect fit. So, I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand.

Thanks for the info.

I don't mind if the female doesn't meet my reqs. As long as the male protag does. Also, if the male protag is the only one who perfectly fits and the rest of the characters doesn't, that's actually what I wanted. A protagonist who can do things by himsellf.

Someone says that Tesla is rarely the point-of-view.

I hope there are more VN recs in the near future.

I ended up dropping Comyu - Black Dragon in a Gentle Kingdom because I dodn't get the impression of the protagonist as what I want (he screamed when he saw witch chick on the window, that and then later as they are fighting the giant he's just shouting and won't doing anything) I feel like I'm watching a bunch of kids fighting monsters everyday. At first it was pretty interesting cause there's some sort of mystery like Girl A and et cetera but when the four or five characters gang who can control the black dragon shows up, the following scenes made me disappointed.

I am begining to feel the same way as I'm reading Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning. But maybe I'll keep going.

Gonna try the two (2) Sharin no Kuni soon enough.

I'll edit my preferences. Thanks anyways for the previous VN recs.

19 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

another vote for sharin no kuni, kenich (the MC) is probably the character you are looking for (same writer as g senjou no maou) and also read the fandisk.

one thousand lies fits on what you are searching too

Okay thanks. Hope there are more besides Sharin no Kuni and One Thousand Lies.

3 hours ago, Tweek91330 said:

I really can't get all the love for comyu honestly ˆˆ. With those kind of standard for the mc, i think you'll have to dive in untranslated vns very soon.

If you can already play untranslated, play vermillion bind of blood, really good mc, muramasa is a really good idea too.

So Vermillion Bind by Blood and Muramasa. Thanks, I'll go check them out later on.

Edit: 17:54 (Philippine Time) It seems they really are untranslated. I can't read Japanese. Thanks anyways, I'll have to wait for them to be released in English because the protagonists seems kinda fit too.

I came across Tokyo Babel as I am scrolling Fuwanovel's Facebook Page. The protagonist Setsuna may be the one too for what I want.

For the ones who are playing it, can any of you users give me any of your thoughts about it?

I don't mind if there are spoilers.

So my readlist for now are:

Gahkrhun of the Golden Lightning

Sharin no Kuni and Sharin no Kuni Fandisk

Tokyo Babel

Thank you very much for these VN recs and for the upcoming ones.

7 hours ago, Tweek91330 said:

Yes they are untl lol

I heard good things from tokyo babel, i didn't played it but it should be good (reviews were full of praise so..)

As for the protag he seems interresting enough, i'll let someone who actually played it comment on that point

Okay.