Ikazuchi no Senshi Raidy games?

Dergonu

So I have been reading this H-manga, and it was quite ... entertaining :illya:

Found out that there is actually a set of games that these are based off, and that they have been translated by JAST. Have a few questions. (https://vndb.org/v10839)

Has anyone played them? Are the games good? (considering what they are. I'm not exactly expecting God-tier story or anything :makina: )

How is the translation? Looks like the games are a little old, and I know some of the older Mangagamer translations were a little akward, but don't know much about JAST on that front.

Is it possible to jump straight into the third game, or should I start form the first one and move up through the games? Will I miss out on anything by skipping 1-2?

I knew the reason of why OP interested in this, but let me answer your question. I'm still not playing this, but maybe in the future (Although I knew the first game was quite hard from some review). As for the translation, well to me as long as readable to me it's should be enough and for skipping to 3 maybe you could, and maybe you better also try 2. For the first game, I would suggest you just skip it and search the spoiler for it. Oh, and if you expect award winning story obviously you pick wrong title here.

Just for kicks I played a bit of 3 when it came out, and the gameplay was very tedious and boring. These games are essentially nukige, the main point is the h-scenes and you will not get a particularly compelling story out of them, nor will their gameplay enthrall you. You play to fap. I guess the dialogue was slightly amusing from time to time. I stopped pretty much after beating the first boss in 3 (and losing to it, a couple of times, you know, for the very interesting "plot"-filled bad ends), so maybe things changed, but that's not how it was looking.